2018 Kia Cerato K3 / Forte (BD Series) + 2021 Facelift

Thecarboy302

Neutral Newbie

Hihi I just booked a Cerato SX.. can anyone add me to the chatgroup? Referred to 23 Nov post but I dont know how to join via URL.. thanks

↡ Advertisement

Hihi I just booked a Cerato SX.. can anyone add me to the chatgroup? Referred to 23 Nov post but I dont know how to join via URL.. thanks

Mind sharing the price and what freebies you get?

Aiyoh... cannot compare NA and turbo engines mah... even my Sonata 2.0 also can't accelerate so fast... I was trying to get from 120-160 km/h... the BMW 5 series behind me just covered the 800 m between without blinking lor... it was a 540i by the way... sigh...

Once you tried a Turbo, it is hard to go back to a NA.

Many years back i use to drive a GS300.

My buddy was driving a 335i.

While the GS300 is not slow, the rolling and pickup speed is nowhere close to the 335i....

Neutral Newbie

Freebies to bargain for -

• 3 years servicing package (6 servicings)
  • $2,000 credits to offset replacement of wear and tear parts
  • Full tank petrol
  • 3M car mats and interior and boot
  • Car camera
  • Window tinting - negotiate for higher grade. Stock grade (lowest grade) is lousy and serves no purpose
  • Tuff Kote coating for wheel arch and undercarriage (all Hyundai cars come with this, free)
  • Magnetic sun shade for windows
  • Body kit
  • Upgrade to guaranteed COE package

If your SE is hungry for business, you can get these for free.

Hi All, pretty much settled on getting the Kia, but was quoted list price, though many here could get good discounts.

Would appreciate if some can recommend/pm kia SE Ubi or Alexsn. Thanks

Hi All, pretty much settled on getting the Kia, but was quoted list price, though many here could get good discounts.

Are you trading in a car or taking a loan ? That’ The usual discounts

Neutral Newbie

Was quoted their brochure listed price, no extra discount, and that includes getting their loam, insurance and trade in. But when researching it seems depends on SE.

Was quoted their brochure listed price, no extra discount, and that includes getting their loam, insurance and trade in. But when researching it seems depends on SE.

I’ve sent you Kee’s contact. You should at least have 2k more for loan and the usual freebies

Freebies to bargain for -

• 3 years servicing package (6 servicings)
  • $2,000 credits to offset replacement of wear and tear parts
  • Full tank petrol
  • 3M car mats and interior and boot
  • Car camera
  • Window tinting - negotiate for higher grade. Stock grade (lowest grade) is lousy and serves no purpose
  • Tuff Kote coating for wheel arch and undercarriage (all Hyundai cars come with this, free)
  • Magnetic sun shade for windows
  • Body kit
  • Upgrade to guaranteed COE package

If your SE is hungry for business, you can get these for free.

Has anyone here actually got 1.and 2. together?

The window tinting upgrade 6 ?

Has anyone got 7 ?

pmed you

Once you tried a Turbo, it is hard to go back to a NA.

Many years back i use to drive a GS300.

My buddy was driving a 335i.

While the GS300 is not slow, the rolling and pickup speed is nowhere close to the 335i....

And you really need that extra rolling and pick up speed here in Singapore.

thanks for sharing.

I too am concern on the lack of power and am currently driving a 2.0 Turbo car.

1.6 NA in todays context abit off scale considering others are offering 1.4 - 1.6 turbo charge to make up for the torque at lower rpm.

And likewise looking at cerato because of the lower price and upkeep.

Only concern is scard regret over the significant drop in power.

alas have to strike a balance between cost of running and upkeeping.

Totally agree. This car has many reviews on lack of engine power. For a normal 1.6 saloon, unless u drive like a mad man n try to skid your car, traction control is a good to have during emergency, but under normal driving condition. it is really not very necessary.

Actually about lack of power. Just for sharing, I took my 1 week old car up NS highway all the way to Genting over last weekend. The lack of power happens when I tried to over take on the highway, say at 120km/h while others are at 110km/h. By the time I pick up enough speed, the cars behind will catch up with me. However, while climbing the hills, surprisingly the car can handle well in terms of picking up on lower gears, turning sharp corners n recovering from a slow down upon turning. I must say for the size of the car, handling is great and climbing hills with full load of 4 adults 1 kid is much much better than I thought. Even my friends driving IS250 n AE86 was surprised that the Cerato was able to keep up with them.

Just for the record, I was driving a VW Scirocco 1.4TSI, i traded in n downgraded to Cerato to cut down spending too much money on a car and I had Civic Gen8 2.0Si & a VW Passat 2.0T before prior to the Scirocco (I took every one of those car to climb Genting before). For me to comment on being impressed by the performance of this car, it really has to be something worth sharing. The only one thing that needs to get used to was how u can control your throttle n play with the Sports mode while climbing hills, which i am still trying to get used to. Get the sweet spot, it moves reasonably fast. And yeah, i dun not have traction control on this EX of mine, and i was moving considerably fast up n down the hills trying not to lose sight of the AE86 and IS250, plus it was raining.

Overall, for the price I am paying, I have to say I dun have complains. Love the drive feel on the highway, the handling and the surprising power climbing hills. Only minus point is I wished it comes with more air bags and paying 7k more for SX is not tat worth it, IMHO.

thanks for sharing.

1.6 NA in todays context abit off scale considering others are offering 1.4 - 1.6 turbo charge to make up for the torque at lower rpm.

if me will regret of reduce power.

I started as 1.3NA -> 1.6NA -> 1.5 turbo.

1.5 turbo drove 3mths then already hunger for next upgrade 2.0 turbo..

hee hee.. have to start saving now.

• Praise 2

The quest for more power is never ending one. Why not be contented with what you have?

How's driving 1.5 T like?

That said, the new Skoda Karoq is based on 1.5T and new platform.

on Paper return 17.4km/L at 9s century century sprint. Of cos with turbo the FC depends on boost. In city driving FC will suffer.

Then the option to have less power must be compensated by comfort and fuel efficiency.

some are fine with the 12s century speed, different strokes for different folks

Cerato can get u from point A and point B as with most bread and butter car. 

And the price point is really fantastic at 70k+, this is remarkably different from 3 years back when COE was at 56k and I have to fork out 50% for down payment.

Now change any car also lose money lol [bigcry]

thanks for sharing.

Hmm.. i dunno about others, but as I age, I find myself less aggressive, much less impatient and drive much slower, also maybe due to slower reaction. And biggest reason is I have a boy now, that contribute a big part of wanting to change to a 4dr car (and a cheaper one to balance my expenses).

No doubts, whether it was my Passat 2.0T, Scirocco 1.4TSI twin-charged, or even the Civic 2.0SI. They were all pretty meaty car when comes to power. But my driving habits has changed quite a bit now, until it seems like those power has became less priority. And YES, u will need sometime to get used to it, as u curse and swear while trying to over take a turbo charged panel van for the first week at least.

Honestly, I will definitely missed the power for sure, but I also dun wan to miss an opportunity for my kid to learn something simply due to the fact that I had to pay more for a car and over stretch myself and end up not being able to afford letting him learn more. It is a personal choice. Now a car has became a luxury transport for my family, no longer a toy for my own's satisfaction. So, price vs features vs new look vs power, I ended up with it. No regrets though. If financial allows, I might just go back to a more powerful one. Good luck to your car hunt.

• Praise 6

Hmm.. i dunno about others, but as I age, I find myself less aggressive, much less impatient and drive much slower, also maybe due to slower reaction. And biggest reason is I have a boy now, that contribute a big part of wanting to change to a 4dr car (and a cheaper one to balance my expenses).

No doubts, whether it was my Passat 2.0T, Scirocco 1.4TSI twin-charged, or even the Civic 2.0SI. They were all pretty meaty car when comes to power. But my driving habits has changed quite a bit now, until it seems like those power has became less priority. And YES, u will need sometime to get used to it, as u curse and swear while trying to over take a turbo charged panel van for the first week at least.

Honestly, I will definitely missed the power for sure, but I also dun wan to miss an opportunity for my kid to learn something simply due to the fact that I had to pay more for a car and over stretch myself and end up not being able to afford letting him learn more. It is a personal choice. Now a car has became a luxury transport for my family, no longer a toy for my own's satisfaction. So, price vs features vs new look vs power, I ended up with it. No regrets though. If financial allows, I might just go back to a more powerful one. Good luck to your car hunt.

Same sentiments!

I use to drive slower than before, perhaps now most of the time is spend ferrying family around. Safety (and money) is more of a priority than before

Fast or slow at most i see you at the next traffic light though spirit driving (and knowing your car can!) can be rewarding from a driver's perspective.

Cars in Singapore are not cheap and we are such a small country. Driving from A to B is typically 30 mins or less and I do wonder more why im spending the extra buck on commuting when I can save on much more.

• Praise 1

Same sentiments!

I use to drive slower than before, perhaps now most of the time is spend ferrying family around. Safety (and money) is more of a priority than before

Fast or slow at most i see you at the next traffic light though spirit driving (and knowing your car can!) can be rewarding from a driver's perspective.

Cars in Singapore are not cheap and we are such a small country. Driving from A to B is typically 30 mins or less and I do wonder more why im spending the extra buck on commuting when I can save on much more.

From my perspective, I needed a decent car, in size (preferable a saloon), in features (I would have wanted more airbags/ safety features than having a cruise control), in power vs $$ (means if I paid 70k+ for a 1.6NA vs paying 90k for a 1.0T or 98k for 1.4T), I would have pick the K3 anyway.

For the simple fact, its a brand new model (Not a facelift) which makes it easier for me to sell in the event I decided to re-pamper myself with a better powered car say in 3yrs time. It is in the 70k range packed with features  which any lower will be a Attrage or similar category (which is pretty skeleton). And paying another 10-12k more will mean adding a 13-15% buying cost to it which brings me to a neither here nor there situation (save didn't save a lot, buy also didn't get a satisfied car). I would rather pay 100-115k range for a much better car than stuck in between the 88-99k price range small Turbo charged car. Maybe this will help u decide as well. Do the saving now and get a cheaper but decent one, than get a much better one later, or save a bit now n stuck with half-satisfied car.

thanks for sharing.

It’s really down to how much money you want to spend on a car. We went to try the Audi A4 and Stinger. I really liked the Stinger 2.0T but for my family there was no big difference between the Stinger and the Cerato. We did the maths. Including car and all running costs, the Stinger costs 1,000$ more per month, every month, for ten years... we’re just happier putting that money towards more holidays, more activities with the family and maybe a larger home.
↡ Advertisement