2018 Kia Cerato K3 / Forte (BD Series) + 2021 Facelift

Thecarboy302

Side track the new avante have ESC for all trims?

Yup, has been the case since the current gen pre-facelift Elantra. Not to mention the standard 6 airbags for all trims as well. 

It was by luck.

I was patching tire at my regular workshop. The boss knows me for a long time. Friend friend kind.

So this cerato came in and wanted to trade in for new rims. The boss low ball him and I counter offer. Something like that.

This is only possible as the boss and me on friendly terms.

That's really some luck there.

Agreed, thought Cerato is a great car, spoiled by the fact the L and EX have no ESC. [smallcry]

I don’t know if the stats are true but I’ve been driving for a long time and never missed having an ESC on any of my previous cars. Unless you have a powerful rear wheel car or drive like a madman you’re unlikely to ever need this. Personally I’ve taken the SX but not for the ESC.
  • Praise 1

It was by luck.

I was patching tire at my regular workshop. The boss knows me for a long time. Friend friend kind.

So this cerato came in and wanted to trade in for new rims. The boss low ball him and I counter offer. Something like that.

Good catch ! Kia designers are pretty good with rims design and the SX are really nice. IMO, the SX rims are actually nicer than a lot of branded rims costing double what you’ve paid. But that’s personal taste of course !

It was by luck.

Wow so nice luck haha...

So u using the stock rim + stock tire? Is it noisy?

I saw somewhere that the thicker the sidewall of the tire, it help absorb more vibration and shock from bumpy road?

Does urs 225/45r16 rims feel very hard or stiff when over bumpy and uneven road?

Edited by adrianyeo86
  • Praise 1

Wow so nice luck haha...

So u using the stock rim + stock tire? Is it noisy?

I saw somewhere that the thicker the sidewall of the tire, it help absorb more vibration and shock from bumpy road?

Does urs 225/45r16 rims feel very hard or stiff when over bumpy and uneven road?

Yes it's true.

Side wall can flex... So it helps with absorption and bumpiness.

Mine is SX rims n tires. 17 inch.

It feels stiff... My car cam impact sensor activated more frequently

Yes it's true.

Car DashCam sensitivity can reduce.  CnC gave me Thinkware F50 single channel and the sensitivity was set at 5. I reduced to 4 and sensor activation is much less now.

• Praise 1

I donât know if the stats are true but Iâve been driving for a long time and never missed having an ESC on any of my previous cars. Unless you have a powerful rear wheel car or drive like a madman youâre unlikely to ever need this. Personally Iâve taken the SX but not for the ESC.

Also offering another perspective, LTA usually sets a high standard where safety is concerned. The fact that it is not a reqt thus far could mean that accidents due to uncontrollable skidding are not a major concern in SG (Our local condition is different from that of US and AUS where ESC are mandatory). Of course, this is only my assumption. But if that is true, then it's correct that consumers do not overpay for what they do not need. The market therefore offers models with ESC features for those that may still need it (e.g. those who always chiong NS highway?) or those who still wants better safety features. Therein lies the importance of consumer education and professional advice of SEs. (Unfortunately, some SEs may use the lack of ESC as a scare for consumers to increase sales instead?)

**Note: All statements made here are all personal opinions! :-)

Edited by GS418
  • Praise 3

Yes it's true.

For a more comfy ride, there is also an aftermarket product for stiff and bumpy ride...Called utherene buffer. Google for info. Cheers.
  • Praise 1

Also offering another perspective, LTA usually sets a high standard where safety is concerned. The fact that it is not a reqt thus far could mean that accidents due to uncontrollable skidding are not a major concern in SG (Our local condition is different from that of US and AUS where ESC are mandatory). Of course, this is only my assumption. But if that is true, then it's correct that consumers do not overpay for what they do not need. The market therefore offers models with ESC features for those that may still need it (e.g. those who always chiong NS highway?) or those who still wants better safety features. Therein lies the importance of consumer education and professional advice of SEs. (Unfortunately, some SEs may use the lack of ESC as a scare for consumers to increase sales instead?)

**Note: All statements made here are all personal opinions! :-)

Weather plays a big part, when icy / snowy, ESC is very useful even on small cars. But not a big concern in SG’s summer IMO
  • Praise 2

Weather plays a big part, when icy / snowy, ESC is very useful even on small cars. But not a big concern in SGâs summer IMO

Not correct. You confuse with traction control and electronic stability control.
  • Praise 1

Not correct. You confuse with traction control and electronic stability control.

ABS is for wheel lock. ESC is for fish tailspin (uncontrolled skidding). And ABS is part of ESC. This is what I understand. Personally not well verse in this. Edited by GS418

Has anyone completed all 15% discount tiers + mystery gift tier on the AIG ON THE GO app? I have unlocked everything, but don’t know how to claim the mystery gift

• Praise 1

Yes, I have. Wonder how they do it? Wash then apply? Or need to polish first?

Called cust svc, they say must put car there for whole day.

when you collect your car?

i collect in Nov 2018, dont have free PPS  [smallcry]  [smallcry]

• Praise 1

when you collect your car?

i collect in Nov 2018, dont have free PPS [smallcry][smallcry]

You can use your free service credit and the PPS 50% disc voucher to do the PPS. I did mine and no need to pay cash, just deduct from service credit. My car was collected Nov 2018 too.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1