2018 Kia Cerato K3 / Forte (BD Series) + 2021 Facelift

Thecarboy302

Nice video... very funny and tongue in cheek... ha ha... the rear of the new K3 has a big car look... reminds of the previous Subaru Legacy rear...

the interior looks a little like the stinger minus the silver chrome bits.

Lets hope this time round, KIA AD has the guts to plonk in the turbo and leave out the NA engines.

Edited by Sdf4786k

the interior looks a little like the stinger minus the silver chrome bits.

Lets hope this time round, KIA AD has the guts to plonk in the turbo and leave out the NA engines.

It all depends on the cost... and what kind of price point they can offer where buyers will bite...

The downside is the CVT transmission, which has historically been notorious for its string of issues and will be costly to replace.

You can't get a reconditioned CVT, unlike the 5 or 6 speed gearbox.  Only a brand new one at a 5 figure sum.

OK to get the new 2019 Kia Forte if you intend to drive for just a few years, but if you intend to drive till it's 10th year or near to scrap date, might want to think about it.

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 1

The downside is the CVT transmission, which has historically been notorious for its string of issues and will be costly to replace.

You can't get a reconditioned CVT, unlike the 5 or 6 speed gearbox. Only a brand new one at a 5 figure sum.

OK to get the new 2019 Kia Forte if you intend to drive for just a few years, but if you intend to drive till it's 10th year or near to scrap date, might want to think about it.

Really cannot get second hand CVT meh??? Why leh? Sure got parts what... not now maybe but later when the car is older... I don't see why not... care to explain bro?

You can't get a reconditioned CVT, unlike the 5 or 6 speed gearbox.  Only a brand new one at a 5 figure sum.

I have a feeling the current 1.6L MPi engine with 6-speed automatic will carry over to this new model since the current Elantra (same platform) is using this powertrain combination here as well. 

Nice video... very funny and tongue in cheek... ha ha... the rear of the new K3 has a big car look... reminds of the previous Subaru Legacy rear...

Maybe 20 years ago I looked really hard at a Legacy.

The only selling point the guy made was if I got down on my knees and viewed the Legacy rear from 3/4 rear on it looked fabulous.

I didn't buy one.

• Praise 1

I have a feeling the current 1.6L MPi engine with 6-speed automatic will carry over to this new model since the current Elantra (same platform) is using this powertrain combination here as well.

Same same... cos the 1.6 GDI engine more expensive... but it's more powerful..

Indeed nice video. The brand new k3 looks bigger than the current model although the design dont have the WOW factor and yet still looks nice la.

Maybe 20 years ago I looked really hard at a Legacy.

The only selling point the guy made was if I got down on my knees and viewed the Legacy rear from 3/4 rear on it looked fabulous.

I didn't buy one.

Lol, ya, this 2019 forte looks like a cross breed of legacy n selphy..err, more mature look lo.. current k3 looks more sporty...

Lexus front

post-104770-0-90143100-1516100478_thumb.

day-exterior-06_3T2.png

Q50 back

post-104770-0-66577600-1516100507_thumb.

InfinitiQ50w.jpg

The back really similar to Q50…

Really a nice car.

But the front trying hard to match Lexus design.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1