2018 Kia Cerato K3 / Forte (BD Series) + 2021 Facelift

Thecarboy302

Excited to be getting the car soon, and busy checking out accessories.

Thinking of getting a TPMS system for it. A basic external set about $50 only but not sure of the accuracy and security. Read that the external sensor easily stolen but those I saw have a security nut that need spanner to remove. I only foresee maybe not troublesome to pump the tires in future. Any bros using this care to share your experience?

Also looking at a HUD set. See that Stinger has a built in HUD very cool  [;)] But not sure an aftermarket one is good. Quite concern about the position of the reflection, if it will be distracting and too high, thus blocking the front view. Also by connecting to the OBD port, not sure if will have conflict with the car's other systems. Will appreciate if bros here can share your experience too? 

Also share what other mods you're looking to get.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I mistook the Audi A8 for the Kia Cerato.

Kia Cerato owners can remove the Kia logo and stick on an Audi logo. Hardly anyone will notice.

Wow you have an intelligence or a 3 year old....and a spastic one at that.
  • Praise 3
  • Dislike 1

Collected my gravity blue baby yesterday.

Was planning to change my rims to 17" like what I did for my Forte previously. But somehow the EX rims started to grow on me. Weird.

Guess I will keep the stock rims for now.

Did about 60 click yesterday. Loving every bit of the ride so far except for a few minor issues.

The sound insulation is not bad. So is the sound quality of the stock speakers. It's good enough for me despite what some forummers said. I guess to each his own.

Anyway I'm not really an ICE person. And I don't prefer powerful sound system lest it distract me from the driving.

Minor issues observed so far:

1) Initial aircon is not cold when engine is on. But it's ok once accelerator is depressed.

2) Some occasional sounds coming from the driver side aircon vent.

3) Radio station switching button on the steering wheel.

When I'm on the radio stations screen and I toggle the stations up and down using the switch on the steering wheel, the switch works fine.

However when I'm on the main screen and I toggle the switch up, the next lower radio station is selected instead. When I toggle the switch down, the upper radio station is selected.

4) The suffocating VOCs aka new car smell.

• Praise 1

Excited to be getting the car soon, and busy checking out accessories.

Thinking of getting a TPMS system for it. A basic external set about $50 only but not sure of the accuracy and security. Read that the external sensor easily stolen but those I saw have a security nut that need spanner to remove. I only foresee maybe not troublesome to pump the tires in future. Any bros using this care to share your experience?

Also looking at a HUD set. See that Stinger has a built in HUD very cool  [;)] But not sure an aftermarket one is good. Quite concern about the position of the reflection, if it will be distracting and too high, thus blocking the front view. Also by connecting to the OBD port, not sure if will have conflict with the car's other systems. Will appreciate if bros here can share your experience too? 

Also share what other mods you're looking to get.

Hi

Got a set online and just used the caps. Did not want to buy the valve sets as you need to remove all the tyres and put in the valve. So far for the past 4 months no problem. Was thinking like wow good to have a set of TPMS on the car after installation it is just shows the tyre presure and temp. The kia already have a HUD set in, wonder why you want to change it.

Any recommendations for a shop to install speakers ? I already have the speakers, just looking for installation but I’m very picky on the workmanship.

• Praise 1

Hi

Got a set online and just used the caps. Did not want to buy the valve sets as you need to remove all the tyres and put in the valve. So far for the past 4 months no problem. Was thinking like wow good to have a set of TPMS on the car after installation it is just shows the tyre presure and temp. The kia already have a HUD set in, wonder why you want to change it.

Thanks for the feedback. So did you have to top up the tyres during those 4 months? Troublesome to unscrew the security nuts?

I'm quite sure the Cerato do not have a HUD, only the Stinger has it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

spotted a truck loaded full of new cerato kia at PIE this aftern, saw all grey n dark grey. T.driver... cut into my lane somemore! pls dont stress your se n down the line lol.

• Praise 2

Collected my gravity blue baby yesterday.

Was planning to change my rims to 17" like what I did for my Forte previously. But somehow the EX rims started to grow on me. Weird.

Guess I will keep the stock rims for now.

Did about 60 click yesterday. Loving every bit of the ride so far except for a few minor issues.

The sound insulation is not bad. So is the sound quality of the stock speakers. It's good enough for me despite what some forummers said. I guess to each his own.

Anyway I'm not really an ICE person. And I don't prefer powerful sound system lest it distract me from the driving.

Minor issues observed so far:

1) Initial aircon is not cold when engine is on. But it's ok once accelerator is depressed.

2) Some occasional sounds coming from the driver side aircon vent.

3) Radio station switching button on the steering wheel.

When I'm on the radio stations screen and I toggle the stations up and down using the switch on the steering wheel, the switch works fine.

However when I'm on the main screen and I toggle the switch up, the next lower radio station is selected instead. When I toggle the switch down, the upper radio station is selected.

4) The suffocating VOCs aka new car smell.

Congrats on getting your new ride. I'm still waiting for mine.

My current one has 17" wheels. It looks nice but the ride is definitely more bumpy than 16", you feel more of the uneven road. So I'm planning to stick with 16" this time. 

You may want to highlight the radio switching on your 1k servicing. Let us know when its fix?

Cheers!

I have collected my car last friday. Would like to know can we use android auto and thumb drive for kids song at the same time? check from net stated that cannot only way is to play the song from phone instead. but i wish can play from thumb drive as phone does not have so much space

• Praise 1

I have collected my car last friday. Would like to know can we use android auto and thumb drive for kids song at the same time? check from net stated that cannot only way is to play the song from phone instead. but i wish can play from thumb drive as phone does not have so much space

According to my SE, cannot.

Playing via the phone.

One way is to connect Android Auto via Bluetooth and then use your USB with MP3. I have yet to try this method.

• Praise 1

Thanks for the feedback. So did you have to top up the tyres during those 4 months? Troublesome to unscrew the security nuts?

I'm quite sure the Cerato do not have a HUD, only the Stinger has it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Bro used the TPMS since Jan. no problems only pumped the tyres once. Did not even use the security nuts. if anyone steal cannot use anyway. Sorry i thought the HUD you were talking about is for the GPS etc. No the cerato does not have.

• Praise 1

Bro used the TPMS since Jan. no problems only pumped the tyres once. Did not even use the security nuts. if anyone steal cannot use anyway. Sorry i thought the HUD you were talking about is for the GPS etc. No the cerato does not have.

I'm just worried about punks who like to remove tyre caps for fun, it has happened to me twice in different locations. Just plain old plastic caps they also want to take. 

So if we lost a pressure sensor cap, is it possible to get replacement? I imagine probably needs to pair again with the reader again, even if it is possible to replace.

• Praise 1

According to my SE, cannot.

Playing via the phone.

One way is to connect Android Auto via Bluetooth and then use your USB with MP3. I have yet to try this method.

My impression is the Android Auto is only possible via wire? Bluetooth is purely for phone calls. Don't think the Google Maps and other apps works through BT. I have not got my car yet so cannot confirm. Anyone?

Rather than use a thumbdrive, why not just just spotify? There is always the free tier, if you don't want to pay  :D

• Praise 1

My impression is the Android Auto is only possible via wire? Bluetooth is purely for phone calls. Don't think the Google Maps and other apps works through BT. I have not got my car yet so cannot confirm. Anyone?

Rather than use a thumbdrive, why not just just spotify? There is always the free tier, if you don't want to pay  :D

If you want GPS, you need the cable. I tried this morning bluetooth connection and still able to play music via my phone.

• Praise 1

I'm just worried about punks who like to remove tyre caps for fun, it has happened to me twice in different locations. Just plain old plastic caps they also want to take. 

So if we lost a pressure sensor cap, is it possible to get replacement? I imagine probably needs to pair again with the reader again, even if it is possible to replace.

it happened to me too before a few times... lost the cap in multi storey carpark... 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1