COE Bidding – 1st Round of May 2018

Carbon82

3rd Gear

Cat. A,B,E: $38K+

Reduced quota + 3week, but almost no impact (+$1K)... Probably will continue to trend down going forward...

Congrats for those who got it this round!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)

Cat. A,B,E: $38K+

Reduced quota + 3week, but almost no impact (+$1K)... Probably will continue to trend down going forward...

Congrats for those who got it this round!!

Eversince they have announced coe quota cut, zero car growth etc so far not much great impact on coe le?!

Edited by 13177

Coe bidding doesnt seem excited nowaday. Almost the same for every bid

Dealers don't want COE to drop further if they keep on receiving decent orders. Higher the COE, higher their buffer to earn more profit. 

COE can only crash when dealers will receive fewer orders than supply, otherwise, dealers would love to maintain COE at this level.

• Praise 1

Most categories went up by a bit. But considering that it has been 3 weeks since the last bidding and the available COEs are fewer than last quarter, I think it shows that the demand is not that strong. Next round almost certain to drop.

Supersonic

Most categories went up by a bit. But considering that it has been 3 weeks since the last bidding and the available COEs are fewer than last quarter, I think it shows that the demand is not that strong. Next round almost certain to drop.

Maybe not many people buy new cars liao, since all who want to buy, more or less already bought. Then those who have renewed their current coe, can only hold on to their cars for the next 5-10 years.

I was outbid. But not sure if I got it . As the web says current bid status accepted. Checking with my se now.

• Praise 1

Eversince they have announced coe quota cut, zero car growth etc so far not much great impact on coe le?!

Impact not on COE but still govt receiving 10K-20K VES on most of the Cars especially after July

Back to square 1 

• Praise 1

Supersonic

No competition from private hire but i noticed they still buy brand new cars, maybe in smaller quantity?!

Of course 100 to 200 coe per month taken by them but this is not high comparing with last few years, U/G and tenetal cars have been snapping up avg of 1,500 COE per month consistently.
  • Praise 1

3rd Gear

Eversince they have announced coe quota cut, zero car growth and VEP, so far not much great impact on coe le?!

I will say the VES Jan18 version has shown some impact on Cat. B, but the rest not so much impact yet.

• Praise 1

(edited)

What is the rational that demand will be strong? For those that need car would have already gotten them, maybe a year or 2 earlier.

Opps! Btw almost twice the amount of bidder vs quota consider demand as weak?

Edited by Lotr8445r
  • Praise 2

Congrats to those secured COE. Prices likely to maintain next 2 rounds as dealers clear their ex stock just like Dec last year VES scare tactics. After that, buy them as 2nd hand or Mgt cars.

• Praise 2

I was outbid. But not sure if I got it . As the web says current bid status accepted. Checking with my se now.

accepted means your bid is successful. you will get your COE

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

whether demand is weak or strong, i guess most AD realise this lvl of COE is a comfortable lvl for most buyers. not too high, not too low. high enough for govt to make big money, high enough for them to earn from the loans n such, while low enough to have a healthy number of buyers to enter the market. 

Turbocharged

this tells alot of our ecinomy. rosy talks but plain like nothing deep inside. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1