• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
79 replies to this topic | 200 praises

Posted 11 May 2018 - 02:42 PM

2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

he cannot remember the brand and neither can i.

your clue is red bottle, white spray head, ang mo sounding brand, not made in SEA. $6ish i think. sold in the bigger NTUCs. I bought mine at Finest.

edit: a little googling. http://newcleanlivin...in-cleaners.jpg it's the left most bottle. Called zout.

Zout? I see, shall go to NTUC look for it. Thanks.  [:)]

When you arise in the morning think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive, to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.

Posted 11 May 2018 - 02:49 PM

Ash2017
  • Ash2017
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

nope! My missus prefer it that way! She was the want who started to hang indoors much to my chagrin because i am the one paying the electricity bills. She will even wash the clothes at night sometimes at midnight and put them under the fan to dry. It will be dry by 8 am.

you got a good wife who tries to be prudent and you are ungrateful

look at Rosmah what mess had she done to her husband

[laugh] 

Posted 11 May 2018 - 03:46 PM

Lmws214
  • Premium member
    Lmws214
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

This clothes drying rack can save space.

Saw my neighbour using this.

Attached Thumbnails

• my rack.jpg

Cheers,

Posted 12 May 2018 - 06:22 AM

Camrysfa
  • Premium member
    Camrysfa
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

looks unsuitable for tiny studio.....

big-fish-in-bowl.jpg?w=275&h=206

Posted 12 May 2018 - 08:02 AM

Showster
  • Premium member
    Showster
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Seems like it can be compressed and kept in a shelf.
"You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes."

Posted 12 May 2018 - 08:47 AM

merc280v6
  • merc280v6
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I mean the really really 366sqft studios with no balcony, if they work in the city and need to iron shirts and suites how do they dry them? In SG it seems to take days for clothes indoors to dry.

And one can't iron and then put back to dryer to winkle it again.

It’s not just the shoebox studio units lah.

Many of the new (smallish) 1,000-1,300 sqft condo units - where the developers squeeze in 3-4 bedrooms, also do not have much (if any) drying yard area behind that opens to the great outdoors. 👎🏼

I pity the families living in such stifled conditions 😕
Breeding mildew within - as some of you have pointed out.

Developer’s agents would usually have standard answers for that like “Oh you need to install a dryer lor”. 😂

Posted 12 May 2018 - 09:35 AM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Zout? I see, shall go to NTUC look for it. Thanks. [:)]

you got the brand or picture? I am also interested in getting one.

Posted 12 May 2018 - 09:54 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

There is one korean automated clothes hanger that has an inbuild UV plus clothes dryer. Just not sure whats the power consumption like

there's a local brand i think. can't remember the name.

My friend has it. But not cheap, think its 900 bucks + 

Edited by Lala81, 12 May 2018 - 09:55 AM.

Posted 12 May 2018 - 04:07 PM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

there's a local brand i think. can't remember the name.

My friend has it. But not cheap, think its 900 bucks + 

yeah.. not cheap. but its the one and only that I saw that is practical

Posted 20 May 2018 - 02:37 AM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

These houses are no difference from prison cells. [thumbsdown]

Just hang the clothes on the ceiling. 

LPPL praised this
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 26 May 2018 - 06:15 PM

Chongster
  • Chongster
    6th Gear
    Author Image

for the apt i am renting out, there is a washer and then a dryer on top, both belly loading. i thought that should be a pretty common configuration. 

usually, such tenants will have a weekend maid coming in to clean and do laundry and ironing, and all the laundry must be clean, dry and back in the wardrobe for next week.  the tenants don't really care how it's done, but won't want to see clothes hanging all over the place. 

usually the dryer will get the clothes to 70-80% dry, and then the iron gets to 100%.  the clothes are a little damn, so don't need to spray some more water, and much easier to iron.  everything if washed, will generally be ironed, even bedsheets. those that cannot be ironed, the tenant will be hanging here there everywhere, but that's up to them. 

that is my experience in any case.  

Edited by Chongster, 26 May 2018 - 06:18 PM.

Showster and antelop praised this

Posted 27 May 2018 - 09:22 AM

Camrysfa
  • Premium member
    Camrysfa
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

for the apt i am renting out, there is a washer and then a dryer on top, both belly loading. i thought that should be a pretty common configuration. 

usually, such tenants will have a weekend maid coming in to clean and do laundry and ironing, and all the laundry must be clean, dry and back in the wardrobe for next week.  the tenants don't really care how it's done, but won't want to see clothes hanging all over the place. 

usually the dryer will get the clothes to 70-80% dry, and then the iron gets to 100%.  the clothes are a little damn, so don't need to spray some more water, and much easier to iron.  everything if washed, will generally be ironed, even bedsheets. those that cannot be ironed, the tenant will be hanging here there everywhere, but that's up to them. 

that is my experience in any case.  

Why not get a dryer which can dry 100% at one go.

Dry to 70% and then finish off by ironing seems so inconvenient. Those that cannot be ironed still need to be hung up.

Won’t talk about more time needed, as the tenant has maid.

Posted 27 May 2018 - 01:18 PM

Chongster
  • Chongster
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Why not get a dryer which can dry 100% at one go.

Dry to 70% and then finish off by ironing seems so inconvenient. Those that cannot be ironed still need to be hung up.

Won’t talk about more time needed, as the tenant has maid.

because dryer always doesn't seem to get you to 100%, and the output is always one entangled crumpled mess so you will always need some ironing.  things that cannot be iron, i think generally shouldn't be in a dryer as well. 

Posted 08 June 2018 - 10:26 AM

Jay5555
  • Jay5555
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

a dryer will solve ur problems!

Posted 08 June 2018 - 01:07 PM

Tehsiewdai
  • Tehsiewdai
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

My gf family used dryer for many years. Don’t seem to have any issue. Once finish drying can iron, fold and keep in waredrobe already. No smell at all.

If you are afraid the dryer will be messy or damage your cloth. Just buy laundry bag and it will solve the problem.

We are talking about private condos right? So naturally the mentally should be different from HDB. Most people in HDB has the fixed mindset of hanging cloths out to dry.

Anyway HDB is also getting smaller this days, and gov are now implementing open kitchen as well. So what’s the diff? It’s just a trend that has already sit in and we just have to adapt to these changes.

Size of house will continue to get smaller over times. Unless you don’t mind staying in older development which might bring you the risk of building defects, en-bloc, obsolete, difficult to sell, lack of facilities, pest issue, and the possibilities of other issues..

I’m going to stay in a 2 + study soon. So will keep my house lean and use dryer to dry my cloths.

Just be flexible and there will be solution to every problem.
Showster and antelop praised this

Posted 08 June 2018 - 07:00 PM

Showster
  • Premium member
    Showster
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Finally starting to see the young generation coming of age and starting to post.

For us of the older generations, it will be an eye opener about how the young people solve problems creatively, effectively and decisively.
"You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes."

Posted 08 June 2018 - 07:30 PM

Showster
  • Premium member
    Showster
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

My gf family used dryer for many years. Donât seem to have any issue. Once finish drying can iron, fold and keep in waredrobe already. No smell at all.

If you are afraid the dryer will be messy or damage your cloth. Just buy laundry bag and it will solve the problem.

We are talking about private condos right? So naturally the mentally should be different from HDB. Most people in HDB has the fixed mindset of hanging cloths out to dry.

Anyway HDB is also getting smaller this days, and gov are now implementing open kitchen as well. So whatâs the diff? Itâs just a trend that has already sit in and we just have to adapt to these changes.

Size of house will continue to get smaller over times. Unless you donât mind staying in older development which might bring you the risk of building defects, en-bloc, obsolete, difficult to sell, lack of facilities, pest issue, and the possibilities of other issues..

Iâm going to stay in a 2 + study soon. So will keep my house lean and use dryer to dry my cloths.

Just be flexible and there will be solution to every problem.

There are also one bedroom or studio HDBs that are 40+sqm. No lt sure if they can hang clothes to dry.

Posted 08 June 2018 - 08:03 PM

Camrysfa
  • Premium member
    Camrysfa
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

My gf family used dryer for many years. Don’t seem to have any issue. Once finish drying can iron, fold and keep in waredrobe already. No smell at all.

5th avenue mindset...

Posted 10 June 2018 - 03:38 PM

Davidtkl
  • Davidtkl
    Supercharged
    Author Image

If you live in a tiny studio, the last thing you worry about is drying your clothes, since you can already compromise your living quality.

Given Shoebox and studio units  or flat? I rather live in a flat. More space for yourself and visitors.

I mean the really really 366sqft studios with no balcony, if they work in the city and need to iron shirts and suites how do they dry them? In SG it seems to take days for clothes indoors to dry. 

And one can't iron and then put back to dryer to winkle it again. 

Edited by Davidtkl, 10 June 2018 - 03:39 PM.

Posted 10 June 2018 - 04:09 PM

Kklee
  • Kklee
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Eh.... got space near aircon ledge?  will dry faster? 

Back to Property Buzz  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: studio, shirt, city, living, tiny and 1 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users