For them living in tiny studio how do they dry clothes?

golden_eagle

(edited)

Sorry guys. Can I steal this thread.?

Quick one.

How to get rid of yellow stain on collar?

Is there a convenient way like buying a spray?

https://coldstorage.com.sg/stain-remover-057714

I saw something like this on sale at homefix before. How power hungry I dunno but looks interesting. Coz unlike a dryer it doesn't crumple up your clothes. Maybe can roast duck or roast chicken too. [laugh]

515poGtIqsL.jpg

Edited by Watwheels
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

https://coldstorage.com.sg/stain-remover-057714

I saw something like this on sale at homefix before. How power hungry I dunno but looks interesting. Coz unlike a dryer it doesn't crumple up your clothes. Maybe can roast duck or roast chicken too. [laugh]

515poGtIqsL.jpg

There is one korean automated clothes hanger that has an inbuild UV plus clothes dryer. Just not sure whats the power consumption like

Turbocharged
(edited)

Some people would find the new bto hdb too small, so not necessary it is good to buy hdb.

Did reply by donut mentioned the brand of the spray? I just see that it says red bottle spray le?!

he cannot remember the brand and neither can i.

your clue is red bottle, white spray head, ang mo sounding brand, not made in SEA. $6ish i think. sold in the bigger NTUCs. I bought mine at Finest.

edit: a little googling. http://newcleanliving.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/stain-cleaners.jpg it's the left most bottle. Called zout.

Edited by Kxbc

Supersonic

he cannot remember the brand and neither can i.

your clue is red bottle, white spray head, ang mo sounding brand, not made in SEA. $6ish i think. sold in the bigger NTUCs. I bought mine at Finest.

edit: a little googling. http://newcleanliving.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/stain-cleaners.jpg it's the left most bottle. Called zout.

Zout? I see, shall go to NTUC look for it. Thanks.  [:)]

Twincharged

nope! My missus prefer it that way! She was the want who started to hang indoors much to my chagrin because i am the one paying the electricity bills. She will even wash the clothes at night sometimes at midnight and put them under the fan to dry. It will be dry by 8 am.

you got a good wife who tries to be prudent and you are ungrateful

look at Rosmah what mess had she done to her husband

[laugh] 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

This clothes drying rack can save space.

Saw my neighbour using this.

looks unsuitable for tiny studio.....

big-fish-in-bowl.jpg?w=275&h=206

Twincharged

This clothes drying rack can save space.

Saw my neighbour using this.

Seems like it can be compressed and kept in a shelf.
  • Praise 1

I mean the really really 366sqft studios with no balcony, if they work in the city and need to iron shirts and suites how do they dry them? In SG it seems to take days for clothes indoors to dry.

And one can't iron and then put back to dryer to winkle it again.

It’s not just the shoebox studio units lah.

Many of the new (smallish) 1,000-1,300 sqft condo units - where the developers squeeze in 3-4 bedrooms, also do not have much (if any) drying yard area behind that opens to the great outdoors.

Zout? I see, shall go to NTUC look for it. Thanks. [:)]

you got the brand or picture? I am also interested in getting one.

Hypersonic
(edited)

There is one korean automated clothes hanger that has an inbuild UV plus clothes dryer. Just not sure whats the power consumption like

there's a local brand i think. can't remember the name.

My friend has it. But not cheap, think its 900 bucks + 

Edited by Lala81

Twincharged

there's a local brand i think. can't remember the name.

My friend has it. But not cheap, think its 900 bucks + 

yeah.. not cheap. but its the one and only that I saw that is practical

Supersonic

These houses are no difference from prison cells. [thumbsdown]

Just hang the clothes on the ceiling. 

• Praise 1

(edited)

for the apt i am renting out, there is a washer and then a dryer on top, both belly loading. i thought that should be a pretty common configuration. 

usually, such tenants will have a weekend maid coming in to clean and do laundry and ironing, and all the laundry must be clean, dry and back in the wardrobe for next week.  the tenants don't really care how it's done, but won't want to see clothes hanging all over the place. 

usually the dryer will get the clothes to 70-80% dry, and then the iron gets to 100%.  the clothes are a little damn, so don't need to spray some more water, and much easier to iron.  everything if washed, will generally be ironed, even bedsheets. those that cannot be ironed, the tenant will be hanging here there everywhere, but that's up to them. 

that is my experience in any case.  

Edited by Chongster
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

for the apt i am renting out, there is a washer and then a dryer on top, both belly loading. i thought that should be a pretty common configuration. 

usually, such tenants will have a weekend maid coming in to clean and do laundry and ironing, and all the laundry must be clean, dry and back in the wardrobe for next week.  the tenants don't really care how it's done, but won't want to see clothes hanging all over the place. 

usually the dryer will get the clothes to 70-80% dry, and then the iron gets to 100%.  the clothes are a little damn, so don't need to spray some more water, and much easier to iron.  everything if washed, will generally be ironed, even bedsheets. those that cannot be ironed, the tenant will be hanging here there everywhere, but that's up to them. 

that is my experience in any case.  

Why not get a dryer which can dry 100% at one go.

Dry to 70% and then finish off by ironing seems so inconvenient. Those that cannot be ironed still need to be hung up.

Won’t talk about more time needed, as the tenant has maid.

Why not get a dryer which can dry 100% at one go.

Dry to 70% and then finish off by ironing seems so inconvenient. Those that cannot be ironed still need to be hung up.

Won’t talk about more time needed, as the tenant has maid.

because dryer always doesn't seem to get you to 100%, and the output is always one entangled crumpled mess so you will always need some ironing.  things that cannot be iron, i think generally shouldn't be in a dryer as well. 

• Dislike 1

My gf family used dryer for many years. Don’t seem to have any issue. Once finish drying can iron, fold and keep in waredrobe already. No smell at all.

If you are afraid the dryer will be messy or damage your cloth. Just buy laundry bag and it will solve the problem.

We are talking about private condos right? So naturally the mentally should be different from HDB. Most people in HDB has the fixed mindset of hanging cloths out to dry.

Anyway HDB is also getting smaller this days, and gov are now implementing open kitchen as well. So what’s the diff? It’s just a trend that has already sit in and we just have to adapt to these changes.

Size of house will continue to get smaller over times. Unless you don’t mind staying in older development which might bring you the risk of building defects, en-bloc, obsolete, difficult to sell, lack of facilities, pest issue, and the possibilities of other issues..

I’m going to stay in a 2 + study soon. So will keep my house lean and use dryer to dry my cloths.

Just be flexible and there will be solution to every problem.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2