The Hatchback battle of choice

Supersonic

From your list, Honda Jazz.

But Opel Astra no more selling?  [confused]

↡ Advertisement

I asked around and A class all sold out. Mini awaiting for next shipment with is the LCI model with the British flag at the rear light.

Here you go. The headlight will be different too with full circle DRL.

Union Jack rear light is an option item.

Not surprising A class is sold out.  New A class should be coming soon.

If you really want to get Mini, get 3 dr.  It is easier to drive around.

Turbocharged

OT as in real discount or simply pushing up the trade in car value to borrow more money?

Would want to borrow the minimum amount as they do not welcome cash buy.

Notice bro blueray and Macrosszero mentioned the honda as the option and i do agreed to a certain extent.

The i30 is actually making a very strong statement for itself and if not for my pro conti mindset, i believe i30 will be my choice if made between this 2.

i30 has multilink rear suspension, it should have a better ride quality than competitors with rear torsion beam.
  • Praise 1

Suggest you bring her down to C&C to test drive the new A180.

For whatever fcuk reason that C&C has, the actual (real) price of their cars with trade-in ..... with the O/T usually ranging between $10-20K, depending on model - would look quite attractive, vs buying a Merc w/o any trade-in car.

C&C’s A180’s RRP published in sgcarmart is $135K.

You probably can drive it down to $120K, or perhaps a tad lower, if you negotiate hard.

I got nearly $35K off the RRP, with O/T, when I bought my last Merc from them ... but then again, I am a brutal negotiator (likewise with PML and PA)!

Turbocharged

I am rather sceptical about OT thingy unless it's a real discount. Good pointer from you bro.

In my opinion, OT is really an obscure way of masking the discount.

Just like the petrol companies: if you don’t have the right credit card, you’ll pay more.

• Praise 1

(edited)

From your list, Honda Jazz.

But Opel Astra no more selling? [confused]

NO more bro. Maybe left with the tourer. CeV has killed this model apparently. Edited by Hamburger

Supersonic

NO more bro. Maybe left with the tourer. CeV has killed this model apparently.

Huh?

But their website still have the model?

Or they are bringing in the improved version later?

Union Jack rear light is an option item.

Not surprising A class is sold out. New A class should be coming soon.

If you really want to get Mini, get 3 dr. It is easier to drive around.

You mean the brit flag thingy is called union Jack? Geez......thanks for the heads up.

I love the 3 doors but oc is adamant on the practicality of having another 2 rear doors. So bobian.

3 door is cheaper by another 3k but resale value might not be as good as 5 Dr though I suspect.

Twincharged

Jazz is 35k cheaper with 7.5k/yr vs mini one about 10k/yr. if the wife doesn’t really care that much about the car, then save the $35k.

• Praise 2

Huh?

But their website still have the model?

Or they are bringing in the improved version later?

Maybe never update. I went down and was told otherwise.

Would have gotten this Astra k as it comes loaded with features and of course, handsome looking.

Supersonic

Maybe never update. I went down and was told otherwise.

Would have gotten this Astra k as it comes loaded with features and of course, handsome looking.

SE told you?

Maybe clear stocks so creating fear?  :D

1.4l version maybe, but 1.0t?

If can sell the sports tourer, then why not the hatchback?

• Praise 1

Jazz is 35k cheaper with 7.5k/yr vs mini one about 10k/yr. if the wife doesn’t really care that much about the car, then save the $35k.

Although in her own words she says all cars the same to her, but I could tell she wants a conti judging by how she would made referrals to conti makes.

I probably made her accustomed to driving a conti with the C4 SX and she could make comparison to that of the jap made car. The feel is just different.

Life is short and yolo, I want her to have the better things in life while we still could choose and decide.

So for the last 2 weeks in a battle to select one HB for missus Citroen C4 SX. Decided to go for a new one new as it made more sense as the depreciation is no different from used one. Below are my personal FR where most are conti based made choices with budget below 120k:

1.Opel

a. Astra K: Good looking and with most features under 100k but alas, no more selling. Would have want to choose this.

b. Crossland: Too cartoon like. Next........

2.Audi

a. A3: Looks handsome but most pricey at 120k. Though FL but profile does look a bit dated.

3. VW

a. Golf: The entry golf is just below 100k but features are rather pathetic. Halogen lights and no keyless start.

4.Nissan

a. Note: Made in Jap but whole car looks budget and from the 80s.

4. Hyudai

a. i30: Looks good with fresh design inside out. But lacked the conti feels although its czech made.

5. Honda

a. Fit/jazz: Looks and feels much better then Note and both cars rear legroom is generous. Its  an understatement to say its big.

6. Mini

a. One: Impressive build quality and cutest of them all with a BMW 3 cylinder 1.5L unit. Drive is good and the handling is impressive that points to everywhere you wanna to. Ride a bit jittery probably because of short wheelbase

7. Seat

a. Leon/ibiza/ Ateza: None with build quality that impressed me. 

8. Skoda:

a. Rapid: As above of Seat.

9. Used (fairly new) wowo V40

a. could not stand the ah pek style steering wheel. Next......

10. Infinity 

Q30. almost want to go showroon but was a diesel unit and she travels too little for it. Next....

11. Pugeot

a. 308/2008: rear legroom small and uncomfy. No discount or promotion.

What would be your choice and we have decided it, more like i decided for her.  

my pick > Hyundai i30

nicely sculpted exterior design esp tail lights area. with 1.4 T-GDI and 7 speed DCT. not forgetting multi-link rear suspension setup for a more comfortable ride. :a-m1212:

• Praise 1

(edited)

SE told you?

Maybe clear stocks so creating fear? :D

1.4l version maybe, but 1.0t?

If can sell the sports tourer, then why not the hatchback?

Ah yes, probably the 1.4L is available but can't recall much. Paisay paisay. Wait wait, now I remembered. 1.4L cost 6k more which turned me off. That's why interest went dead.

my pick > Hyundai i30

nicely sculpted exterior design esp tail lights area. with 1.4 T-GDI and 7 speed DCT. not forgetting multi-link rear suspension setup for a more comfortable ride. :a-m1212:

i30 indeed is a fine car. Make no mistake about it. Edited by Hamburger

Although in her own words she says all cars the same to her, but I could tell she wants a conti judging by how she would made referrals to conti makes.

I probably made her accustomed to driving a conti with the C4 SX and she could make comparison to that of the jap made car. The feel is just different.

Life is short and yolo, I want her to have the better things in life while we still could choose and decide.

You just summed it all up lor:

“Life is short and yolo, I want her to have the better things in life while we still could choose and decide.”.

So go ahead ... pamper her!

Twincharged

Try this out.

1. Buy mini one.

2. buy Honda jazz and she gets the $35k cash.

Hahah!

• Praise 1

Ah yes, probably the 1.4L is available but can't recall much. Paisay paisay. Wait wait, now I remembered. 1.4L cost 6k more which turned me off. That's why interest went dead.

i30 indeed is a fine car. Make no mistake about it.

yesh indeed. Korean brands KIA/HYUNDAI have come a long way.....IMHO design, build and ride quality has much improved over the years...if the KIA STINGER comes in a smaller turbo engine say 1.6 T-GDI...I will not hesitate to change... :a-happy:

• Praise 1

You just summed it all up lor:

“Life is short and yolo, I want her to have the better things in life while we still could choose and decide.”.

So go ahead ... pamper her!

↡ Advertisement