The Hatchback battle of choice

this is exactly the engine used in the Mini One. A 1.5L (136hp & 220 Nm) unit coupled to a 7DCT.

Noted with many thanks  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

Although in her own words she says all cars the same to her, but I could tell she wants a conti judging by how she would made referrals to conti makes.

I probably made her accustomed to driving a conti with the C4 SX and she could make comparison to that of the jap made car. The feel is just different.

Life is short and yolo, I want her to have the better things in life while we still could choose and decide.

If affordability is not an issue, why not?  [laugh]

Hypersonic

I asked around and A class all sold out. Mini awaiting for next shipment with is the LCI model with the British flag at the rear light.

Here you go. The headlight will be different too with full circle DRL.

The new A just launched and its supposedly much better than the old one. That's if your wife is really keen on the A in the first place.

Why no Mazda???  :a-noway:

So for the last 2 weeks in a battle to select one HB for missus Citroen C4 SX. Decided to go for a new one new as it made more sense as the depreciation is no different from used one. Below are my personal FR where most are conti based made choices with budget below 120k:

1.Opel

a. Astra K: Good looking and with most features under 100k but alas, no more selling. Would have want to choose this.

b. Crossland: Too cartoon like. Next........

2.Audi

a. A3: Looks handsome but most pricey at 120k. Though FL but profile does look a bit dated.

3. VW

a. Golf: The entry golf is just below 100k but features are rather pathetic. Halogen lights and no keyless start.

4.Nissan

a. Note: Made in Jap but whole car looks budget and from the 80s.

4. Hyudai

a. i30: Looks good with fresh design inside out. But lacked the conti feels although its czech made.

5. Honda

a. Fit/jazz: Looks and feels much better then Note and both cars rear legroom is generous. Its  an understatement to say its big.

6. Mini

a. One: Impressive build quality and cutest of them all with a BMW 3 cylinder 1.5L unit. Drive is good and the handling is impressive that points to everywhere you wanna to. Ride a bit jittery probably because of short wheelbase

7. Seat

a. Leon/ibiza/ Ateza: None with build quality that impressed me. 

8. Skoda:

a. Rapid: As above of Seat.

9. Used (fairly new) wowo V40

a. could not stand the ah pek style steering wheel. Next......

10. Infinity 

Q30. almost want to go showroon but was a diesel unit and she travels too little for it. Next....

11. Pugeot

a. 308/2008: rear legroom small and uncomfy. No discount or promotion.

What would be your choice and we have decided it, more like i decided for her.  

• Praise 1

(edited)

So for the last 2 weeks in a battle to select one HB for missus Citroen C4 SX. Decided to go for a new one new as it made more sense as the depreciation is no different from used one. Below are my personal FR where most are conti based made choices with budget below 120k:

1.Opel

a. Astra K: Good looking and with most features under 100k but alas, no more selling. Would have want to choose this.

b. Crossland: Too cartoon like. Next........

2.Audi

a. A3: Looks handsome but most pricey at 120k. Though FL but profile does look a bit dated.

3. VW

a. Golf: The entry golf is just below 100k but features are rather pathetic. Halogen lights and no keyless start.

4.Nissan

a. Note: Made in Jap but whole car looks budget and from the 80s.

4. Hyudai

a. i30: Looks good with fresh design inside out. But lacked the conti feels although its czech made.

5. Honda

a. Fit/jazz: Looks and feels much better then Note and both cars rear legroom is generous. Its an understatement to say its big.

6. Mini

a. One: Impressive build quality and cutest of them all with a BMW 3 cylinder 1.5L unit. Drive is good and the handling is impressive that points to everywhere you wanna to. Ride a bit jittery probably because of short wheelbase

7. Seat

a. Leon/ibiza/ Ateza: None with build quality that impressed me.

8. Skoda:

a. Rapid: As above of Seat.

9. Used (fairly new) wowo V40

a. could not stand the ah pek style steering wheel. Next......

10. Infinity

Q30. almost want to go showroon but was a diesel unit and she travels too little for it. Next....

11. Pugeot

a. 308/2008: rear legroom small and uncomfy. No discount or promotion.

What would be your choice and we have decided it, more like i decided for her.

You should consider also getting Honda Shuttle from a reputable PI if you shortlisted Jazz, as i have come to acccept that reputable PIs can be better than some ADs.

Anyway the car is quite spacious and modern looking for the facelifted version. Also very flexible cabin and able to fold completely flat for rear seats. Come standard with alot of features such as keyless engine start. No wonder seeing so many otr now.

Also interestingly Honda Japan website clearly stated that the facelifted Shuttle all come with Honda Sensing suite of safety festures across all its variants but locally can see PIs here selling with and without it. Definitely a bonus to get as all covers collision braking, ACC, etc etc. Even have a feature that alert you when the car ahead of you has moved off, really good for those who like to type on phones when stopping at junction and ganna honked as a result. Plese see the attached picture.

Somemore century sprint of 8.5sec, if sgcarmart can be trusted haha.

post-101253-0-06085900-1525599278_thumb.png

post-101253-0-09645500-1525599513_thumb.png

Edited by Heartlander
  • Praise 1

You should consider also getting Honda Shuttle from a reputable PI if you shortlisted Jazz, as i have come to acccept that reputable PIs can be better than some ADs.

Anyway the car is quite spacious and modern looking for the facelifted version. Also very flexible cabin and able to fold completely flat for rear seats. Come standard with alot of features such as keyless engine start. No wonder seeing so many otr now.

Also interestingly Honda Japan website clearly stated that the facelifted Shuttle all come with Honda Sensing suite of safety festures across all its variants but locally can see PIs here selling with and without it. Definitely a bonus to get as all covers collision braking, ACC, etc etc. Even have a feature that alert you when the car ahead of you has moved off, really good for those who like to type on phones when stopping at junction and ganna honked as a result. Plese see the attached picture.

Somemore century sprint of 8.5sec, if sgcarmart can be trusted haha.

Well bro it's a personal choice.

Just like a day where you feels like having a steak and not eat sashimi.

Just can't get excited over jap products. Went to see note and jazz was more like justifying the preconceived decision.

Why no Mazda??? :a-noway:

I actually saw a Mazda HB at my place and find it really sleek, it's quite similar to Q30.

• Praise 1

Seriously the Mz 3 is really very vale for money. FC also good.  :a-good:

Just can't get excited over jap products. Went to see note and jazz was more like justifying the preconceived decision.

I actually saw a Mazda HB at my place and find it really sleek, it's quite similar to Q30.

(edited)

Definitely agree, but too bad the Jazz and Note are not the best representative of sashimi choices.

I would personally rate this Shuttle as the best option for those choosing below $100k, having spent some time poring over information online, as it ticked so many of the boxes. I am even comtemplating ditching my Vellfire for 2 Shuttles under 1 of my options under consideration. But taking my time as no hurry lah.

But if you have already set your mind on a conti ride then just go ahead and get 1 that suits the requirements. You buying for yourself so only you know what you want haha.

Edited by Heartlander

Supersonic

Definitely agree, but too bad the Jazz and Note are not the best representative of sashimi choices.

I would personally rate this Shuttle as the best option for those choosing below $100k, having spent some time poring over information online, as it ticked so many of the boxes. I am even comtemplating ditching my Vellfire for 2 Shuttles under 1 of my options under consideration. But taking my time as no hurry lah.

But if you have already set your mind on a conti ride then just go ahead and get 1 that suits the requirements. You buying for yourself so only you know what you want haha.

Isn't Shuttle more like an MPV already?

(edited)

Isn't Shuttle more like an MPV already?

Just another station wagon lah, 5 seater with big boot. Or you can think of it as a Jazz/Fit with a big boot.

Best thing is that it is pushing out its Honda Sensing safety features to all variants of Shuttle, so making it a VERY safe car to drive on the road. But infact in Japan now there is only 1 variant of gasoline Shuttle which is 1.5G, so if really facelifted version must come with it.

Edited by Heartlander

Twincharged

So ditching the c180 plan?

Just too bad u not keen on Mazda cos IMO they are the most Conti like amongst the Japs so quite a good compromise to get Jap reliability n Conti feel (well at least partially). The Mz2 HB drives better than the Jazz though Jazz wins on space.

• Praise 4

Can you share the website that giving out the list price. I signed the deal on 27/3 . 116d @ 125k with listprice of 138k ,

118i list price was at 147K.. now it is at 127K!!! .

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1