Can buy this new engine oil in Giant? $17.90

If supermarket were to sell fake engine oil, you can be sure action will be taken. There is a Shell office in Singapore at Buona Vista, do feel free to feedback. But since no action has been taken for many many years since the engine was sold there, then I presume it's all fine. And how many times have you heard of car owners complaining their engine is cooked or piang?? Almost none. Since these supermarkets are still selling, owners are still buying, cars are still moving, that means all is fine.

For the past 6-7 years, I have been buying engine oil from Giant and service by KM.

KM never say the oil got problem.

My car engine still smooth smooth.

Do engine emission check result sui sui. Perfect combustion. Almost no CO.  Cleaner than some newer car models.

• Praise 1

price expensive : a seal is there after the cap is opened to tell the quality and the color of the oil

Ya..... better don't buy from supermarket. Don't know from where..... wait drive until halfway engine stop....

so i can buy carlube all by myself..... woo hoo........

I use cheap engine oil from Giant almost 6-7 years already. All no issue. I change oil myself

My car almost 250,000km already.

No issues at all.

• Praise 2

So a seal is equal to oil quality?

service centre comes with a seal so supposed to be quality & genuine

Giant hypermarket at Tampines.

Thanks bro. Bought it at Vivo before I saw your reply

This brand forget about it. Pay 20 more buy the shell helix. Peace of mind guaranteed

Why say so? I have been using and also recommended to my family. So far nobody complained. Btw, Shell also has own fair share of complains.

I use cheap engine oil from Giant almost 6-7 years already. All no issue. I change oil myself

My car almost 250,000km already.

No issues at all.

Ditto...

I bot Turtle oil from them. And recently Shell Helix Ultra 1 box. Thats in my civic now...

No problem and way cheaper than buying from retailers or workshops. 

only thing hard to find 30

• Praise 1

Actually there are workshops providing the shell engine oil servicing package for $55 including labour/oil filter.

Still worth it to buy your own oil?

If dont want shell, the totachi engine oil package only $55-$65 0w20, 5w30, 5w40 is quality oil too. PAO, Esters, Group IV....

They are all over Facebook...

Ownself buy EO $20, Filter $5 and Labour RM25 ...... about $35 lor.

The Best Part, Original Stock Filter lor,.... not that Brand X ..... simi X lor

The $20 ....... Car Wash RM12, topup a bit for Bak kut teh for 4 or 5.

Then watch movie, shopping, dinner, fill up, go home.

Priceless.

Actually there are workshops providing the shell engine oil servicing package for $55 including labour/oil filter.

If dont want shell, the totachi engine oil package only $55-$65 0w20, 5w30, 5w40 is quality oil too. PAO, Esters, Group IV....

Yes of course, for about $50, I can buy up to 3 sets of oil/air filter from stockist

Of course if you're like me who find it fun/therapeutic to change your own oil, its much more worth it.

• Praise 1

I buy my own oil because my workshop carries dunno simi brand. Last time "forced" to carry Total. I supported him once, but at $110 for 4ltr, it is expensive !! 

Yes my total cost maybe more than $55, but they are not my regular. Trust is very important. And I like to buy different engine oils to try. 

• Praise 1