Exercising and losing weight

ODC

some questions:

really worth to buy a running shoe?

currently using army NB, so far ok for me as i can't run much.

smoker plus flat feet...

anyone keen to exercise together?

i stay at east, can go east coast.

i read that exercising is one of the best ways to get over a break up! yes, i am experincing a break up!!! [rolleyes]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

some questions:

smoker plus flat feet...

i read that exercising is one of the best ways to get over a break up! yes, i am experincing a break up!!! [rolleyes]

I heard from a flat footed friend that the emart got sell running shoes for flat feet online.

• Praise 1

You have to change your training routine once your body got used to your regular training. You cannot always stick to one.

Yes that's adaptation , our body adapts quite quickly

so we need to change or up the routine in order to maintain and increase the results... Research shows it averages at two months adaptaion period, so change it every 2 months.

some questions:

smoker plus flat feet...

take it easy with the breakup ... U will get over it soon ... Just build your body and health ... And u will feel better... Asics and NB has shoes catering for

ff

wah lau!!! u can tahan 80% max for 30min :wacko: Super siong, think i will die of heart attack

Wah 80% for 30mins!! Hahaha not an easy task...

• Praise 1

I've just gotten a gym ball in my office for me to sit while I work (not for the entire day - I still swap with my regular chair at intervals). This way I find it easy to rotate my hips forward and sideways while I'm working.

Any expert care to comment on this routine?

• Praise 3

FYI those with iPhone there is an app called target weight from tactio quite nice with weight graphs BMI etc FOC

I have started to run the treadmill 5km 3 times a week since 3 mths ago.

After 5km run I'll do a few sets of free weights, sadly, my weight remained the same, but body a little more defined.

bro, treadmill is useless lah...... it doesnt help. running on treadmill is just moving yr legs according to the moving belt... u are not using any muscles. its more like the moving belt is pushing u, not u pushing yrself.

running outdoors is totally different. u push yrself 100%, using your own muscles.

i used to run both, and obviously i find treadmill is a idle way of running.

i suggest u run outdoors. jog for 30mins-40mins each time. 2x a week.

control yr diet.... eat less for dinner. eat less meat, less rice and outside food. whack on vege and fruits.

these days, i dun eat much for dinner liao, just vege, some fruits, abit of meat and rice.... my body able to adapt to it. it wont scream "Hungry!" nighttime......

last night's dinner was just a normal size bowl of pork porridge. that's it. then i rest 2 hours, and went for 30 mins run. come home, feel shiok.

one of the main culprit for overweight is the amount of dinner that we eat. it can be a killer, if u eat properly. i see alot of ppl, especially Asians, eat so much for dinner. its disgusting and they look grossly overweight.

bro, treadmill is useless lah...... it doesnt help. running on treadmill is just moving yr legs according to the moving belt... u are not using any muscles. its more like the moving belt is pushing u, not u pushing yrself.

running outdoors is totally different. u push yrself 100%, using your own muscles.

i used to run both, and obviously i find treadmill is a idle way of running.

i suggest u run outdoors. jog for 30mins-40mins each time. 2x a week.

control yr diet.... eat less for dinner. eat less meat, less rice and outside food. w

hack on vege and fruits.

these days, i dun eat much for dinner liao, just vege, some fruits, abit of meat and rice.... my body able to adapt to it. it wont scream "Hungry!" nighttime......

last night's dinner was just a normal size bowl of pork porridge. that's it. then i rest 2 hours, and went for 30 mins run. come home, feel shiok.

one of the main culprit for overweight is the amount of dinner that we eat. it can be a killer, if u eat properly. i see alot of ppl, especially Asians, eat so much for dinner. its disgusting and they look grossly overweight.

"less meat and whack vege and fruits" GOLDEN RULE!!! swee!

There are ppl who still preach meat meat meat protein protein ... Quite old school

Edited by ODC

"less meat and whack vege and fruits" GOLDEN RULE!!! swee!

There are ppl who still preach meat meat meat protein protein ... Quite old school

use backside to think, already will know that eating too much meat is not a good thing. i dont understand who are these ppl who keep preaching abt eating meat

i will chop off my head if someone who follow a diet of more vege/fruits, less meat, less rice and simple workout and still dont lose weight. I'm only talking about losing weight, not building Arnold muscles hor......

for centuries, look at those shaolin monks.... pure vege and soya beans all day, look at their health and stamina.....

obviously they are doing something right, don't they?

use backside to think, already will know that eating too much meat is not a good thing. i dont understand who are these ppl who keep preaching abt eating meat

i will chop off my head if someone who follow a diet of more vege/fruits, less meat, less rice and simple workout and still dont lose weight. I'm only talking about losing weight, not building Arnold muscles hor......

for centuries, look at those shaolin monks.... pure vege and soya beans all day, look at their health and stamina.....

obviously they are doing something right, don't they?

Hahahahaha TRUE! Some people don't want to change because it would

mean they were wrong for years so ... Not easy lah ...

thanks for the encouraging words! :D

i notice one method that those 'gu cos' aka 3rd party army, they always run wearing with their sweater on.

is this a good method for building metalbolism or losing weight?

thinking of trying it tonite at east coast.

• Praise 2

thanks for the encouraging words! :D

i notice one method that those 'gu cos' aka 3rd party army, they always run wearing with their sweater on.

is this a good method for building metalbolism or losing weight?

thinking of trying it tonite at east coast.

not significant it may make you spent a little more energy with the sweater in the way but you'll lose more water weight from sweat ... U wanna follow rocky balboa? :) boxers have a weigh in ceremony where every grams count so Rocky wears a sweater :)

Hahahahaha TRUE! Some people don't want to change because it would

mean they were wrong for years so ... Not easy lah ...

i rather follow something that is proven over centuries, than to something or someone that claim to be 21st century modern breakthrough........

i quote what LKY said to the Americans when he visited them in US for a conference recently. I believed they were talking abt the financial crisis.

"Don't tell China what to do. They have been around for 5000 years, whole lot of history behind them. And you are just a young country." Everyone kept quiet in the room.....

wah lau!!! u can tahan 80% max for 30min :wacko: Super siong, think i will die of heart attack

At one time myu VO2 is ard 48~50 IIRC. I do running everyday in the morning and sometime extra in the evening. Now my knee cannot tahan.

• Praise 3

your age? Body weight? Work type? Health conditions? BMR ? BMI? Weight and health goals? Eating habits? Access to gym ? Thanks...

close to 30, 75kg, office based, no known health problems, no idea BMR, no idea BMI but i'm around 1.75m with BF around mid-teens.

I have easy access to gym.

What would you advice if I want to hit 80kg and drop BF to around 10pc or lower? Or what sort of diet or exercise routine would you advocate for me to maintain my weight, but be healthy?

Edited by Bighappyjer
  • Praise 3

some questions:

smoker plus flat feet...

used run w army issued nb. Then decided to buy a pair of better grade running shoes. There is really a differnce.

gif up on smoking, not good for health. Have been smoking for 10 years gif up more than 5 years ago.

• Praise 2

i rather follow something that is proven over centuries, than to something or someone that claim to be 21st century modern breakthrough........

i quote what LKY said to the Americans when he visited them in US for a conference recently. I believed they were talking abt the financial crisis.

"Don't tell China what to do. They have been around for 5000 years, whole lot of history behind them. And you are just a young country." Everyone kept quiet in the room.....

Your logic is flawed. The Chinese are wearing business suits and using "21st century modern breakthrough computers" , and we don't see the Americans wearing Qi Paos and using abacuses.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1