Exercising and losing weight

ODC

I had recon surgery for my knee, so sprints are out ... so what other replacements i can do as per HIIT? To lose weight? My prob is that i am getting signs of a belly .. sigh ... wasit increasing... One way is to eat less and more veg and fruits.

But exercies? Does swimming help in place of sprints?

Not if you want to maintain strong bones

↡ Advertisement

dont tell me logic is flawed... tell that to LKY if you can.

the logic is not about physical things... its the way of thinking and principles..... u check who are the largest banks and companies in the world, and which country has the largest reserves now.

u actually believe those bloody ang mohs' words and theories? [laugh][laugh] poor boy...

they have been bluffing the world for the longest time

Also who told the biggest pack of lies for over 2000 years?

if u have a chance to talk to LKY, ask him your questions....... I'm sure he can explain to u [laugh][laugh]

please don't be shallow..... the last ppl you shld ever trust are the ang mohs. not that i'm pro Asian person.

I am cycling to avoid that knee issue

Actually started with cycling and stop due to job's travelling. So did running for few years and knee got problem, can only try walking for now, but now aday very lazy.. :D

• Praise 1

Actually started with cycling and stop due to job's travelling. So did running for few years and knee got problem, can only try walking for now, but now aday very lazy.. :D

Likely the lethargy is due to higher sodium level in the blood, which is easier to control if you cycle again. You ca take care of your own health better than the doctors and nurses now

if cannot do running, then next best thing is brisk walking..... good for back muscles and legs..... and confirm can reduce weight too.

Likely the lethargy is due to higher sodium level in the blood, which is easier to control if you cycle again. You ca take care of your own health better than the doctors and nurses now

That's quite true. when I was cycling or running, I'm never sick. Only muscle pain at most.

It was the doctor that advise me to running, as my shin was hurting. He was worried that is might be shin spline and had to put a stop, after which never got start and now the knee problem [:(]

• Praise 1

if cannot do running, then next best thing is brisk walking..... good for back muscles and legs..... and confirm can reduce weight too.

But have to be very consistent. Main thing is the balance of input(food) and output(excercise).

• Praise 1

i love my food and thus i never count my cal intake but i am not eating anything after 8pm, i sleep mostly at around 12am.

Run about twice a week covering between 5-10km, play soccer every sunday morn.

Is it ok? Do i need to change anything?

• Praise 3

That's quite true. when I was cycling or running, I'm never sick. Only muscle pain at most.

It was the doctor that advise me to running, as my shin was hurting. He was worried that is might be shin spline and had to put a stop, after which never got start and now the knee problem [:(]

Muscular fatigue can be mistaken for muscle pain. Drink soya bean milk after each exercise for speedy recovery. Do allow a day for the body to recover from any fatigue

• Praise 1

Muscular fatigue can be mistaken for muscle pain. Drink soya bean milk after each exercise for speedy recovery. Do allow a day for the body to recover from any fatigue

The shin pain was very severe one. I touch my shin I can jump up in pain. It only went away after a few months of rest.

• Praise 1

Not too much soya milk, soy contain isoflavones which would lower your testosterone, so not so good for guys.

A scoop of whey would assist in the recovery rate, otherwise low fat milk would help too

• Praise 2

The shin pain was very severe one. I touch my shin I can jump up in pain. It only went away after a few months of rest.

Have a doc to check it out, might be shin splint. Do lots of stretching before your run.

• Praise 1

Thats not fatigue. Likely to be injury (I am not a doctor or TCM Physician). Perhaps you go for X-ray if there is bone fracture somehow. If bone in order, consult TCM Physician.

Not too much soya milk, soy contain isoflavones which would lower your testosterone, so not so good for guys.

A scoop of whey would assist in the recovery rate, otherwise low fat milk would help too

Many thanks for sharing with us. I thought soya bean milk easiest recovery diet/method after competition. Will try your recommendation

i love my food and thus i never count my cal intake but i am not eating anything after 8pm, i sleep mostly at around 12am.

Run about twice a week covering between 5-10km, play soccer every sunday morn.

Is it ok? Do i need to change anything?

XX/10/2014

Accountant Dawn Hoe had always been on the big side. But when she ballooned by almost 10kg after giving birth, the 37-year-old mother of two tried all sorts of ways to lose weight, including going to a slimming centre. But these did not work. "I went jogging but felt breathless, tried to eat less but that didn't help either," she said.

Tired of her lethargy and having to field questions from relatives about her size, she joined the Health Promotion Board's Lose to Win campaign in March, which got her going with exercise classes, before signing up for the One Million KG Challenge.

Now, she has shed 3kg, exercises at least twice a week, and is able to run 4km at a time. She said: "I don't need to look like a model, I just want to be healthy." Organised by the HPB, the challenge is the country's first national incentive-based weight management programme.

It launched its second season yesterday, but not before a grand draw for 10 finalists, including Ms Hoe, randomly chosen from participants who have lost at least 3kg over six months since March.

The winner of the top prize, a Suzuki Swift car, said she signed up for the challenge thinking that it was a compulsory part of another weight loss programme she was already enrolled in. But the mistake helped 44-year-old engineer Ting Yit Lai to lose more than 5kg along the way. "It was really unexpected," she said, referring to both her weight loss and her new ride.

She initially doubted that she could lose the minimum 3kg to be eligible for the grand draw, after having had difficulties exercising for years due to what she described as a lack of stamina. Now, she works out at least three times a week, going for classes like kickboxing and zumba. "I no longer feel breathless," she said. - See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/health/story/engineer-loses-more-5kg-wins-suzuki-swift-car-20141026#sthash.ZrOP0NaI.dpuf

ST_20141026_XHEALTH26CAR_770211e.jpg

• Praise 3

for those that do not have time to exercise outside, can do this at home [sweatdrop]

Edited by Vtim
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2