Exercising and losing weight

ODC

Yes for the average male adult shouldn't be difficult if u like to eat meat.

But if I eat fishball noodle for one lunch, would mean that difficult to reach target already.

But can most ladies reach even 40gm protein for 50kg lady? The amount of fish, chicken an average Singaporean lady eat is not a lot.

I'm pretty sure a majority of Singaporean middle aged people 60 and above don't eat even 0.8gm per kg.

Like I ate my salad with 2 egg whites and ckt for lunch. That's only 12gm protein plus a few more gm in the egg in the ckt plus the 3-4 cockles I ate haha

2 eggs is 14g

chicken on chicken rice is about 25g

a pc of fish steak i think also about 25g

your 1 scoop whey is 20g

plus veg, nuts and most things will have a little protein here and there, getting 52g is easy, but actually if you think about it if you have noodle for one of the meals, without the whey you almost cannot meet the 52g liao. If say you eat noodle and fried rice for lunch and dinner, the protein intake is even lesser if you dont drink milk or soya milk. 

114g would be quite tough actually. 

Not forgetting our body is say to be able to process only 25g effectively at a time ( how true I also no know), means we need to spread out the total protein intake.   [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

If don't want to count protein, just eat  and enjoy food with good amount of protein, just have to hire a helper like @Loki.  [laugh]  [laugh]  Everyday eat solid home cooked meal.

Edited by Ender
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

2 eggs is 14g

chicken on chicken rice is about 25g

a pc of fish steak i think also about 25g

your 1 scoop whey is 20g

plus veg, nuts and most things will have a little protein here and there, getting 52g is easy, but actually if you think about it if you have noodle for one of the meals, without the whey you almost cannot meet the 52g liao. If say you eat noodle and fried rice for lunch and dinner, the protein intake is even lesser if you dont drink milk or soya milk.

114g would be quite tough actually.

Not forgetting our body is say to be able to process only 25g effectively at a time ( how true I also no know), means we need to spread out the total protein intake. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Agree. 1 or more meals of noodles like laksa, fish ball noodles means surely cannot meet min protein intake unless you supplement with whey protein powder.

Luckily, my work place nearby got sell nice chye png.

Agree. 1 or more meals of noodles like laksa, fish ball noodles means surely cannot meet min protein intake unless you supplement with whey protein powder.

My. Work Place chye peng sucks
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

My. Work Place chye peng sucks

Mine not bad.

Sells dishes other than steamed egg and egg tofu.

But plastic bag is the same pink type.

• Praise 1

Yes for the average male adult shouldn't be difficult if u like to eat meat.

But if I eat fishball noodle for one lunch, would mean that difficult to reach target already.

But can most ladies reach even 40gm protein for 50kg lady? The amount of fish, chicken an average Singaporean lady eat is not a lot.

I'm pretty sure a majority of Singaporean middle aged people 60 and above don't eat even 0.8gm per kg.

Like I ate my salad with 2 egg whites and ckt for lunch. That's only 12gm protein plus a few more gm in the egg in the ckt plus the 3-4 cockles I ate haha

I think if the female are taking 3 meals a day, and drinking some milk or soya milk, sld not be too difficult to get close to 40g bah. 

coffee with milk have some protein, green leafy veg also has like 4-5g per 100g, a glass of milk about 7-8g, fish soup, chicken rice and most meat mix meal like cai png sld give 10-20g, most bread also contain some protein. And then some snack here and there.  But if both meals noodle then cfm is 看天liao, heavy crabs light protein..

I think that is the main reason we see older ppl like those above 60 getting skinny as they age, most of them eat porridge with mostly easy to disgust veg  with very little protein. I think these older ppl hardly even eat 0.5g per kg even. 

But what if they are fed say 1g of protein per kg a day, will they grow some muscle or hold some muscle instead of growing thin? 

Also, with your kind of diet, do you find yourself gaining mass or losing muscle with that kind of protein intake? Mass as in lean mass and not overall weight. 

actually I also have no idea, I am just trying and playing ard with it to see if anything works.. [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

If don't want to count protein, just eat  and enjoy food with good amount of protein, just have to hire a helper like @Loki.  [laugh]  [laugh]  Everyday eat solid home cooked meal.

I think as long as eating some meat and green leafy veg, sld not be too difficult to meet 50g a day if eating 3 meals a day.

Is ppl like me, 1 main meal a day one, has to think how to max out the protein in the feeding window lah.. [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

My break-fast shake and soft boil eggs already more than 50g.  [:p]

yah, if got cai png stall is much easier, like a pc of pork chop, some tofu, 1 green veg sld get  20-30g liao. But if 1 meal eat noodle then pok liao, protein short fall.. [:p]

Thats why I always break my fast with a heavy protein shake and 3 soft boil eggs, about 50g liao. My main meal usually got chicken or fish with egg white and veg, another 25-30g. some fruits and other snacks here and there mayb another 10g, a glass of milk later 8g. 

some days I add some nuts, mayb 10-20g protein, but high cal and fat, so I go slow on the nuts.

So 1 day i agar agar close in under 100g, now I add peanut butter or another avo shake to add another 10g..

thinking of adding another whey at night when I start going back to the gym, but still hard to reach 130g... [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Edited by Tianmo

Go KFC eat two drum sticks ? [laugh]

oh yah, this one is cfm good protein, 2 pcs of drum sticks I think easily 30g liao... [laugh]

sometimes when I cannot have my shake and soft boil egg, I will go KFC or popeyes and buy 5 pcs of their chicken tender, which is basically the filet just behind the  chicken breast. 5 pcs easily close to 50g of protein... ^_^  [laugh]  [laugh]

but i dont do it often, unless I really cannot eat at home.

• Praise 4

oh yah, this one is cfm good protein, 2 pcs of drum sticks I think easily 30g liao... [laugh]

sometimes when I cannot have my shake and soft boil egg, I will go KFC or popeyes and buy 5 pcs of their chicken tender, which is basically the filet just behind the chicken breast. 5 pcs easily close to 50g of protein... ^_^[laugh][laugh]

I get sore throat from the fried coating. Texas has a chicken tenders 6 piece for 6 dollars Monday. Ate a few times but too heaty. Somehow if eat the normal fried chicken don't get it so easily

Turbocharged

sometimes when I cannot have my shake and soft boil egg, I will go KFC or popeyes and buy 5 pcs of their chicken tender, which is basically the filet just behind the chicken breast. 5 pcs easily close to 50g of protein... ^_^[laugh][laugh]

Popeye is my choice.

This Sunday Popeye selling 5 pieces of chicken for $6.90.

Total 75g protein with yummy skin.

• Praise 2

Popeye is my choice.

This Sunday Popeye selling 5 pieces of chicken for $6.90.

Total 75g protein with yummy skin. ð

Popeye like no taste one ....
  • Praise 5

I get sore throat from the fried coating. Texas has a chicken tenders 6 piece for 6 dollars Monday. Ate a few times but too heaty. Somehow if eat the normal fried chicken don't get it so easily

I havent try Texas yet. Actually i havent even seen any near me also.  [:/]

6 pcs tender for $6 is cheap leh, worth buying.  [thumbsup]

so far I find the kfc tender and popeyes tender about the same, after the 3rd pc, i basically eating for the protein and not the taste anymore.. [:p]  [laugh]

mayb your throat sensitive to the coating, next time consider removing the coating see how. But without the coating the tender itself is really quite tasteless, only thing good is quite soft. I can accept, but your makan standard alot higher than me, mayb you cannot accept the blend taste..... [:p]

Turbocharged

oh yah, buy 2 boxes during early special some more got $5 voucher. I already standby go buy 2 boxes, 10 pcs pack into 3 pcs bags and 2 pcs bags depending on size, and freeze them for later use.. ^_^

The promote listed cannot choose leh, so I guess sure got big and small mix, not all breast in the box. But still a good bargain! [thumbsup][laugh][laugh]

I never like breast meat. So I always request anything but breast meat.

Your household got at least 5 pax? 2 boxes go back can finish in 30 min. Where got leftover to freeze?

I never like breast meat. So I always request anything but breast meat.

Your household got at least 5 pax? 2 boxes go back can finish in 30 min. Where got leftover to freeze?

the 2 boxes is for me only lah, the family they usually go for the set meal one. If they want I just buy 2 more boxes lah... [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement