Exercising and losing weight

ODC

Same same lor .. just restarted strength training in Jan. Do 4 pull ups already feeling chuan [bigcry] Got to find back that "loving feeling" with regular exercise. [laugh] My IF also not observed especially when overseas, really messed up meal times.

OK, so now all make it a point to come back and report here again.

Lets do it!!! 

exercise-baby-lets.jpg

and dont forget.... [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Intermittent-Fasting-250-x-250-e15030885

Edited by Tianmo
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Guys

I think we did best when we were doing the 10x10, everyone was quite on the ball. But since the end of event seem like many of us slowed down.

I am thinking of setting up another round of training MU, but not just running.

Mayb gather in a stadium with fitness corner, do 2-3 rounds warm up run and follow by grp body exercises. In corporate some individual body weight training, some buddy buddy body weight training, some core and strength training, some speed work (HIIT).

I got some equipment i bought for my son's training, can bring along for resistance work.

Any one interested? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Great idea. In line with what we have all discussed here. Ontop of running for cardio, strenght and muscle building are also important. Stadium is also a good location for running and fitneas corner. After that load up protein with satay, Western food at nearby kopi tiam. hahaha Edited by Ender
  • Praise 1

The contrary is true

Actually I’m trying to cut down some weight these few months because I can’t afford to change clothes every 3-6 months.

Waistline keeps increasing but money in the wallet didn’t.

So did some dieting which includes no more cai peng and managed to size down half an inch waist line. Effect was very slow so did some running weekly. Managed to lose an inch within 3 months.

Holiday season eating surge again but continued the running. So far still maintained the decreased waistline. So it varies between different people?

• Praise 1

Great idea. In line with what we have all discussed here. Ontop of running for cardio, strenght and muscle building are also important. Stadium is also a good location for running and fitneas corner. After that load up protein with satay, Western food at nearby kopi tiam. hahaha

see if anyone else interested or not, mayb can start one before CNY.  ^_^  [laugh]  [laugh]

Turbocharged

Can't seem to be able to lose weight this time despite cutting down on my diet. In fact I still gained weight.

Don't know what's wrong. Even my work shirts are getting tight and they were like fitting just before my Korea trip in Dec.

See liao damn sian

Edited by Porker

OK, so now all make it a point to come back and report here again.

Lets do it!!!

exercise-baby-lets.jpg

and dont forget.... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Intermittent-Fasting-250-x-250-e15030885

Yes, even if the effort to reduce the waistline failed...we should also be as happy as those Jin happy boys and do belly dance anyway.

Turbocharged

One punch man said "100 push up, 100 sit up, 100 squats, 10km. Daily"

But I cannot do. If do already will be botak. I prefer to keep my hair.

J either you haven't sufficiently reduced your calories or your workouts aren't sufficiently strenuous. Dach was mostly correct with his statement.

Losing weight is simple > Expend more calories than you consume

Thanks B. Long time no see man.

I admit over the past year my exercise duration has dropped alot. Stopped cycling, not running consistently and no krav maga for a few months ago.

Diet wise I also loosened up a little but I still largely stayed off carbs and added sugar.

Gonna ramp up my exercise routine now and I must strive to be consistent.

• Praise 1

Actually Iâm trying to cut down some weight these few months because I canât afford to change clothes every 3-6 months.

Waistline keeps increasing but money in the wallet didnât.

So did some dieting which includes no more cai peng and managed to size down half an inch waist line. Effect was very slow so did some running weekly. Managed to lose an inch within 3 months.

Holiday season eating surge again but continued the running. So far still maintained the decreased waistline. So it varies between different people?

Welcome. Share your journey here. What diet, workout that have positive effect on you will benefit readers here and motivate us.

Thanks B. Long time no see man.

I admit over the past year my exercise duration has dropped alot. Stopped cycling, not running consistently and no krav maga for a few months ago.

Diet wise I also loosened up a little but I still largely stayed off carbs and added sugar.

Gonna ramp up my exercise routine now and I must strive to be consistent.

Don't know if you have other activities, but just looking at your strava, you are having a long vacation after AHM.

How I kept my running consistency is thru signing up races that spread evenly over the year. I am only motivate to train hard if there's a coming race. But jan to feb is my dry season, no races.

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 2

Actually Iâm trying to cut down some weight these few months because I canât afford to change clothes every 3-6 months.

Waistline keeps increasing but money in the wallet didnât.

I always believe to lose weight, diet is the primary factor. Exercise accelerates the weight loss in conjunction with dieting.

You originally said Cutting down on diet won't see much effect, exercise will result in more weight loss. To me it doesn't make sense for I can exercise a hell lot but if I continue to eat freely i will continue to get fat.

Now with more details in your post, I see where you're coming from. It's in line with my belief in para 1.

Welcome. Share your journey here. What diet, workout that have positive effect on you will benefit readers here and motivate us.

Don't know if you have other activities, but just looking your at your strava, you are having a long vacation after AHM.

How I kept my running consistency is thru signing up races that spread evenly over the year. I am only motivate to train hard of there's a coming race. But jan to feb is my dry season, no races.

Yup my Strava is an accurate depiction of my activity. Roller coaster

Turbocharged

Yup my Strava is an accurate depiction of my activity. Roller coaster ð¤£. Maybe really need the 10x10 and Encik @tianmo to whack me ð

Frankly my motivation to run is only when there's chio bus around. I joined track and field in schooI because I wanted to woo a girl who is the champion runner in her level so I had to be number one in my level too ð¤£

Races can't motivate me to train cos I'm not after timing nowadays. I just want that finisher tee and I know I can complete a race in an acceptable timing even without training much.

Now my motivation is to look better. My flab is really disgusting. Overall I don't look fat but it's just that tummy and man boobs ðµðµðµ

Buy more full length mirrors. They might just be the motivators you are looking for.
  • Praise 1

I always believe to lose weight, diet is the primary factor. Exercise accelerates the weight loss in conjunction with dieting.

You originally said Cutting down on diet won't see much effect, exercise will result in more weight loss. To me it doesn't make sense for I can exercise a hell lot but if I continue to eat freely i will continue to get fat.

Now with more details in your post, I see where you're coming from. It's in line with my belief in para 1.

Glad that you see my point after a better explanation. 

Metabolism also plays a part in the fat burning process and it gets slower for old ages, especially for older men like you and me. I presume your age is around mine since you already have a grandson.

Thus there will always be some dead weight hanging on the body even we maintained some diet regime, and it is very hard to get rid of it without additional active fat burning like exercise. Problem is I never have an exercise regime like yours strictly before. You still have hope.

Good luck in losing the fats.  [thumbsup]

Don't know if you have other activities, but just looking at your strava, you are having a long vacation after AHM.

How I kept my running consistency is thru signing up races that spread evenly over the year. I am only motivate to train hard if there's a coming race. But jan to feb is my dry season, no races.

Nothing to really to boost about. Actually it is quite a failure, only see a small success but at least for now can delay my purchase of new clothes. Just come and see as a newbie if I can learn anything more that suit my needs. Anyway thanks. 

Edited by DACH
  • Praise 2

The more exercise you do, the more hungry you get.

So it's never just one thing. It's always the 2nd step that's just as important, how you refuel after the exercise. Hence the gym guys always drink whey etc straight after workouts to build muscle (but they don't realise, actually that is very important in curbing hunger).

And like i said, cardio can only lose weight or make u lean to a certain extent.

If just running alone makes u super lean and super low BF%, @ender or @roadrunner2029 or @tangocharlie would be the most shredded in this thread. 

Edited by Lala81

The more exercise you do, the more hungry you get.

So it's never just one thing. It's always the 2nd step that's just as important, how you refuel after the exercise. Hence the gym guys always drink whey etc straight after workouts to build muscle (but they don't realise, actually that is very important in curbing hunger).

And like i said, cardio can only lose weight or make u lean to a certain extent.

If just running alone makes u super lean and super low BF%, @ender or @roadrunner2029 or @tangocharlie would be the most shredded in this thread.

Run 5-6 days a week.

Each run minimum 1.5 hrs.

• Praise 1

Run 5-6 days a week.

Each run minimum 1.5 hrs.

More likely outcome, u can become endurance athlete lean but all your muscles will shrink except your lower body ones.

Haha don't think TOJ wants to look like that  [laugh]

He wants to look like porker/loki etc  [laugh]

I don't mind looking like that. But haha he wants some bah on him  [:p]

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1