• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
14569 replies to this topic | 92,080 praises

Posted Yesterday, 09:44 PM

Theoldjaffa
  • Premium member
    Theoldjaffa
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

ON is one of the most well known and used product, so technically cannot go wrong with it.

The other product very similar to it is the one I am using from GNC.

51dWYo48OrL._SY355_.jpg

Formulation stated as use room temp water, but I have tried with ice water and warm water, all no issue. The problem is how ppl mix them.

First up is powder goes into the liquid, and not liquid goes into the powder, otherwise sure get lumpy because some powder will be trap and cannot dissolve.

Next thing is shake not stir. Shaking will dissolve all the powder, stirring will not. And you do not need a shaker, just fill up half way any container with a screw on cap and shake, makes no different one. I only have a shaker for my son when I bring for him, otherwise he put powder in a baby milk powder container and pour into his puma water bottle, shake and drink after CCA. I use a small screw cap nike water bottle to shake it.

But the best is blending, 30 sec into the blender and is tokkong tokkong liao, but drink immediately, otherwise if leave on table too long, the powder will start to settle and separate from the milk.

I microwave warm up 250ml cold milk and add 1 scoop whey with half a banana, blend them into a shake for my son every morning. And add one scoop whey to my hot kopi O kosong every afternoon, all no issue. But I blend lah.

So its a user problem, nothing wrong with the products. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Oh forgot to add, I am using those screw cap 8-in-1 blender, and it comes with 2 x 500ml plastic mug, so I just blend using the plastic mug, unscrew and drink from the mug, no need to pour out again.

Absolutely spot on!

Water in first
Then powder
Then shake vigorously.

Last time when I make Milo
Powder in first
Then water
Then condensed milk
Then stir

Sure got lumps of delicious powder still in the drink 😆
Tianmo praised this
--------------------------------------------
Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with those who don't have it.

Posted Yesterday, 10:16 PM

Kxbc
  • Kxbc
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

For ON, my experience is the sequence does not matter. I just pour cold water into the bottle with powder and shake. No lumps.

But can't say that for the other brand I had. Super lumpy.

Posted Yesterday, 10:23 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Absolutely spot on!

Water in first
Then powder
Then shake vigorously.

Powder in first
Then water
Then condensed milk
Then stir

Sure got lumps of delicious powder still in the drink ð

Mine doesn't matter powder or water first. As long as use room temperature water and use shaker will be ok.
My problem with lumps is the hot water in my tea. As Lala81 mentioned, protein will coagulate in hot water. It's not powder lumping together.

Most of the kopi uncle at kopi shopis milo powder first then hot water leh.

Posted Yesterday, 10:29 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

you pour water into the powder ah? when you pour water into the powder, it goes down so fast that some water will form water bombs, and covered some powder and get coated with powder, because the powder doesnt dissolve as easily, so powder at the bottom can get trap also, and you end up with some lumpy ones. If you press down on those lumps, you will notice inside all dry powder.

Qoo10 got discount? Good good, I actually planning to go IMM pick up 2 tubs from the store tomorrow. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

How much is one tub for yours? This gnc one.
I got my ON for about 72 bucks. Ten percent discount.

Edited by Lala81, Yesterday, 10:29 PM.

Posted Yesterday, 10:42 PM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Absolutely spot on!

Water in first
Then powder
Then shake vigorously.

Powder in first
Then water
Then condensed milk
Then stir

Sure got lumps of delicious powder still in the drink 😆

And once the lumps formed, difficult to dissolve liao, have to shake until earthquake .. [laugh]

But now I use the screw on blender, ezi ezi blend until smooth smooth.. ^_^

One time i use those tight cover tupperware bottle as shaker, I shake until the pressure build up and the cover fly, the mixture all over the place. .  [laugh]  [laugh]

Those shaking take note to use screw on caps or cover hor. 

芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

with the spirit of the MCF tiko club..............We are................ TIKO RANGERS!!!

Posted Yesterday, 10:45 PM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Now I understand why got lumpy powder in my whey protein shake.

I did the mix in wrong sequence

Check Qoo10 for discount.

I just check qoo10, same price as store leh, and got complaint expire date shorter.  [:/]

But take note that for the GNC one, the expire date is printed as MMDDYY,  the month is in front one.  [laugh]

芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

with the spirit of the MCF tiko club..............We are................ TIKO RANGERS!!!

Posted Yesterday, 10:46 PM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Now I understand why got lumpy powder in my whey protein shake.

I did the mix in wrong sequence

Check Qoo10 for discount.

Edited: system double. 

Edited by Tianmo, Yesterday, 11:00 PM.

芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

Posted Yesterday, 10:59 PM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

$72 for ON is good price leh, ON used to be $89 for a long while, then recently dropped to $79.

The GNC one is now selling $79 for the 5lbs pack in store and at qoo10. It used to be $89 also and I think this one compete very closely to ON. 

If you have coupon and discount code or whatever code then sure alot cheaper than buying from store. But I read that qoo10 one expire date nearer. 

Tomorrow I going to store pick up 3 x 2 lbs tub, I see what is the expire date in store.  Saw some one posted comment on 14 Jan that expire date is 100219, which is the same as my going to finish tub which I bought a few months back.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Edited by Tianmo, Yesterday, 11:02 PM.

芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

Posted Yesterday, 11:26 PM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Actually if I am not wrong, ON and this GNC one both almost identical in content. There is a reason why I choose the GNC one over ON, but I cannot even remember it now,  its a very very minor different. It cannot be price because the 2 had the same price for a long time, so it could be because of sugar different. 

I think ON has 5g sugar, the GNC has 1g for the vanilla ice cream and 2g in double chocolate. Other than this, they are almost the same thing, and ON has been in the market longer than the GNC one.  In fact ON is so establish that many gym goers drink ON before there are so many new brands in the market.  

So ON is a safe buy, cannot go wrong one.  ^_^

芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

Posted Today, 12:22 AM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

This is one of my favourite instant noodle. Surprise to see the protein content is 12g. Must be the chiili sauce which has some korean fermented bean.

But warning, the calories of this packet is double of those usual maggi /Nissin brands noodles and sodium gao gao,,

Attached Thumbnails

• Samyang Front.jpg
  • Samyang Nutrition.jpg

Edited by Ender, Today, 12:23 AM.

Back to Healthcare & Wellness  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: exercise, fit, live, longer and 2 more...

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (2)