Exercising and losing weight

ODC

I keep hearing drink caffeine helps in burning fats in the video.. I drink ang mo teh, during the day before my evening run, so I guess this helps.

I also like to drink coffee after exercise, went to read up a bit, apparently it helps to ease the muscle pain if the workout is intense.
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Realise I have a hamstring injury on both legs, especially right side, and seems like right knee cap creaking sound is getting louder and louder when I lunge.

Found this website. Trying out the exercises in there to strengthen.

https://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/

They have a YouTube channel too.

which exercises u are trying?

Anyway before u do any serious stretching for hamstrings, make sure you are properly warmed up first. It's the one muscle that is most prone to strain injuries due to bad stretching.

Actually from what i've been reading, most people don't have weak hamstrings.

They are far more likely to have tight hamstrings or weak gluts.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Had a quick glance on the web site. i agree with the below quote from there, where complete full rest isn't helping, but a active recovery with lesser load is the key. My two month full rest in March and April, I did mentioned it did nothing to my injury. i.e. It still hurts when I run fast. Now, I have been rotating higher drop shoes, 8mm to 10mm in conjuction with those low drop shoes that i use most often before. The high drop shoes did lessen the the stretch on the archilles tendon. Right now I can completely run at full speed right from the start, which was my main problem before, coz it hurt so much then.

3 weeks of leg rest did nothing to the recovery at all. Just started on some of the exercises just using body weight.

I think I injured myself when I loaded my squat weights too fast in May.

Turbocharged

which exercises u are trying?

Anyway before u do any serious stretching for hamstrings, make sure you are properly warmed up first. It's the one muscle that is most prone to strain injuries due to bad stretching.

Actually from what i've been reading, most people don't have weak hamstrings.

They are far more likely to have tight hamstrings or weak gluts.

They have a page where they detail where the pain is which led to another page with these exercises. they detail the sets and reps in that page.

Because of my weaker glutes, my hamstring might have over compensated during squats, leading to an inflamed tendon which is leading into the calf.

(edited)

They have a page where they detail where the pain is which led to another page with these exercises. they detail the sets and reps in that page.

Because of my weaker glutes, my hamstring might have over compensated during squats, leading to an inflamed tendon which is leading into the calf.

OK. This video, the first stretch they do with the therapist,

Resistance in knee extension (opposite direction of hamstring activity) then stretch is called PNF stretching.

Don't do this type of stretching not properly warmed up.

Glut Bridge is very straining on your hamstrings, especially single leg for me.

I only just realised recently how to focus more on my gluts and reduce the hamstring component (since i want to train the gluts without doing squats/lunges/deadlifts since i want to preserve my knees).

Edited by Lala81

Turbocharged

OK. This video, the first stretch they do with the therapist,

Resistance in knee extension (opposite direction of hamstring activity) then stretch is called PNF stretching.

Don't do this type of stretching not properly warmed up.

Glut Bridge is very straining on your hamstrings, especially single leg for me.

I only just realised recently how to focus more on my gluts and reduce the hamstring component (since i want to train the gluts without doing squats/lunges/deadlifts since i want to preserve my knees).

Hypersonic
(edited)

Quite a funny presenter (Cardiologist?).  Low heart rate  and EPO = die in sleep?

He's view on the Apple Watch

Edited by Ender

Heart cells don't regenerate, so any damage is permanent, won't get back to 100%

that's why heart attack patient usually have less than half of their heart functioning.

that's why heart attack patient usually have less than half of their heart functioning.

not necessarily.

Heart attack is blockage of an artery supplying heart muscle causing it permanent damage. It depends on whether small or big vessel. Also if revascularisation is early enough, u can gain back most of your function. Sometimes still have most of it left.

If u have less than half functioning, u will be in moderately severe heart failure liao. That's usually quite jialat.

So you may have heart attacks but still have near normal heart function (pumping mechanism not impaired).

Hypersonic

me too man, but i guess it will never happen... [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

wah 瑜哥哥, never mind....you sure run faster than 165kg peasant one

:D 

Hypersonic
(edited)

running gurus.....if going for 10k run, advisable to bring along water bottle or not?

don't want to die halfway running

thank you

Edited by Enye

noticed that after exercise I actually gain weight cos every time got to eat even more food [:(]

drink water, some people confuse thirst with hunger. It sounds silly but it's true.

Something high in protein after the exercise should curb your appetite rather quickly as well.

running gurus.....if going for 10k run, advisable to bring along water bottle or not?

don't want to die halfway running

thank you

10k can don't need fluids, but u need to make sure u are well hydrated before.

Of course time of day also another issue bah. But i dunno how to run and drink lol.  [laugh] Not pro enough  [:p]

drink water, some people confuse thirst with hunger. It sounds silly but it's true.

Something high in protein after the exercise should curb your appetite rather quickly as well.

10k can don't need fluids, but u need to make sure u are well hydrated before.

Of course time of day also another issue bah. But i dunno how to run and drink lol.  [laugh] Not pro enough  [:p]

100plus or Pocari ok?  :a-toast:

100plus or Pocari ok?  :a-toast:

Nothing wrong of course, but theres sugar inside. Normal water will rehydrate u back up as per normal.

If u are really dehydrated or really sweat buckets, then sure why not.

But unless u are really sweating buckets or have a tendency to cramp up from electrolyte depletion, no definite need for isotonic drinks bah.

Of course drink something cold from vending machine is shiok  [laugh]

• Praise 1

wah 瑜哥哥, never mind....you sure run faster than 165kg peasant one

wah wah wah, 阿亮, you are back!!!!  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement