Synology NAS

Discoburg

Think its working fine now. Able to find the files with both 4G and Wifi.  :a-happy:  :a-m1212:

If you're using 4G to connect. Try to use Wifi and see if it works.

Because your starting thread seem to be to asking for help with DS Get app problem. .. Then later you self resolved it..... 

So no real need for users to pop in to chip in to help.  :D

I myself have a Ds1511+ for years and upgraded to DS918+ a few months ago.

Now the DS1511+ is reconfigured as a secondary NAS only self powered on 2 times a week to periodically back up the DS918+. 

Really so little Sunology NAS owners here?

I named the thread Synology nas so we can discuss anything on the nas here. Not just DS Get. Anyway what I meant is I was hoping more can reply here so we know roughly how many users in here that’s all.

Hypersonic

Because your starting thread seem to be to asking for help with DS Get app problem. .. Then later you self resolved it..... 

So no real need for users to pop in to chip in to help.  :D

I myself have a Ds1511+ for years and upgraded to DS918+ a few months ago.

Now the DS1511+ is reconfigured as a secondary NAS only self powered on 2 times a week to periodically back up the DS918+. 

a NAS to back up a NAS ...  [crazy]

ds214play here.

But i severely under-utilise this NAS.

@mercury1?

Supersonic

I named the thread Synology nas so we can discuss anything on the nas here. Not just DS Get. Anyway what I meant is I was hoping more can reply here so we know roughly how many users in here thatâs all.

I only know Citroën DS.

LOL, yeah..... the story goes.....

Had my ds1511+ (3gb ram)  for the last 6-7 yrs, recently one of the 2 fans failed, still can function but will auto shut down on high load operating condition (hot). So decided it's time to upgrade.

Ds1517+ does not support 4K ultra HD hardware transcoding on the fly so decided to just go for the Ds918+ which supports. Added another 4gb ram to it to make it 8gb ram in total.

In the meanwhile ordered 2x replacement fans from Amazon.com, fixed the ds1511+ fans, reformat the whole NAS volume, decided to just reconfigure it to periodic backup of my primary newer and more powerful ds918+.

My ds918+ and ds1511+ both has 1 disk redundancy using the Synology Hybrid RAID. Stack them together, you get double the reassurance that your precious family photos and videos will be preserved .

a NAS to back up a NAS ...  [crazy]

ds214play here.

@mercury1?

Hypersonic

LOL, yeah..... the story goes.....

Had my ds1511+ (3gb ram)  for the last 6-7 yrs, recently one of the 2 fans failed, still can function but will auto shut down on high load operating condition (hot). So decided it's time to upgrade.

Ds1517+ does not support 4K ultra HD hardware transcoding on the fly so decided to just go for the Ds918+ which supports. Added another 4gb ram to it to make it 8gb ram in total.

In the meanwhile ordered 2x replacement fans from Amazon.com, fixed the ds1511+ fans, reformat the whole NAS volume, decided to just reconfigure it to periodic backup of my primary newer and more powerful ds918+.

My ds918+ and ds1511+ both has 1 disk redundancy using the Synology Hybrid RAID. Stack them together, you get double the reassurance that your precious family photos and videos will be preserved .

I'm paying for dropbox cloud storage currently for off site back up of family photos etc.

in the rare event of a physical fire.

Some of my uses:

- important files storage

- torrenting (remember to use a VPN)

- using it to stream media throughout the apartment

- using it as a recording device for my home ip cameras and access from outside of home network

- back up my Dropbox account (Cloud Sync - unidirectional)

- back up DS918+ with my DS1511+

- Virtual Machine: installed Windows 10 in one of the VM which I assess from my workplace to to access websites blocked by my workplace.

Hypersonic

Some of my uses:

- important files storage

- torrenting (remember to use a VPN)

- using it to stream media throughout the apartment

- using it as a recording device for my home ip cameras and access from outside of home network

- back up my Dropbox account (Cloud Sync - unidirectional)

- back up DS918+ with my DS1511+

- Virtual Machine: installed Windows 10 in one of the VM which I assess from my workplace to to access websites blocked by my workplace.

lol i don't use VPN. but i only torrent anime and popular movies  [laugh]

That....is the real reason to use a proper VPN. 

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/movie-owners-go-after-illegal-downloaders-again

Although that case did not get any traction...it's a matter of time and will on part of the movie owners. 

A proper VPN subscription is only a couple of dollars a month. Play safe. [;)]

lol i don't use VPN. but i only torrent anime and popular movies  [laugh]

Hypersonic

That....is the real reason to use a proper VPN. 

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/movie-owners-go-after-illegal-downloaders-again

Although that case did not get any traction...it's a matter of time and will on part of the movie owners. 

A proper VPN subscription is only a couple of dollars a month. Play safe. [;)]

haha those are cold door critically acclaimed movies, thats why they have to do such stuff. blockbusters, i doubt they bother lah.

That being said, nowadays watch much less liao. Always can find new crap on youtube to watch haha

btw which VPN u use which works well on the synology.

I tried before one service, but it didn't really work well.

↡ Advertisement