Married couple divorced to buy another HDB flat as single

ChaosMyth

HDB to remove three-year time-bar policy for divorcees to buy subsidised flats

06 Mar 2018 05:00PM

(Updated: 

06 Mar 2018 11:27PM

)

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/hdb-to-remove-three-year-time-bar-policy-for-divorcees-to-buy-10017996

SINGAPORE: The Housing and Development Board (HDB) will remove its three-year time-bar policy for divorcees to buy subsidised flats, National Development Minister Lawrence Wong announced in Parliament on Tuesday (Mar 6).

Speaking during his ministry’s Committee of Supply debate, Mr Wong noted that some MPs have asked if the Government can help divorcees make a smoother housing transition, for the benefit of their children. 

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/hdb-to-remove-three-year-time-bar-policy-for-divorcees-to-buy-10017996 

will we see a uptrend of divorcee at age 54? muahahaha

i am not talking about to siam absd but to unlock 2 hdb (1 to live, 1 for rental)

Edited by Wt_know

This is exploit of loophole. But they legally divorced. So ... up to them bah. 
The law was there to benefit recently divorced HDB dwellers.

Edited by Lala81

true, its not against any law for divorced to continue live together

plus, no more 3yr waiting period for divorcees to get their own hdb

wonder if divorce rate 2018 will go up?

This is exploit of loophole. But they legally divorced. So ... up to them bah.

The law was there to benefit recently divorced HDB dwellers.

some reasons young couple gave was cost of living vs their household income

after less wedding costs, honeymoon costs , car loan, hdb loan, study loan, renovation loan, already in big debt

the balance income after monthly loan payment and expenses only enough to support 1 child

cant even afford maid or other luxury

What to do when ppl don't Piak Piak

true, its not against any law for divorced to continue live together

plus, no more 3yr waiting period for divorcees to get their own hdb

wonder if divorce rate 2018 will go up?

maybe some husbands want, but the wives gotta be really stupid to let their husbands do so  [laugh]

Edited by Lala81

some reasons young couple gave was cost of living vs their household income

after less wedding costs, honeymoon costs , car loan, hdb loan, study loan, renovation loan, already in big debt

the balance income after monthly loan payment and expenses only enough to support 1 child

cant even afford maid or other luxury

After reading your post, I also no mood to piak piak

After reading your post, I also no mood to piak piak

All become monk like that other clown lor

No piak piak

same for my wife ... she is still not applying pink ic as she heard her hometown maybe got "enbloc" ... so she hanging on for a while first..

like I said, now my father sick ... he does not even watch tv, less read letters ...

anyway, I think my relatives in Hainan are also doing much better than us now ... since it boomed in the last 3 years or so.

my mom's grand nephew also got married 2 years back ... and the pics are similar to those on the internet where you see the bride is practically lugging gold around on their body during the ceremony ...

but weird thing is my mom still think that Hainan is still in the 90s' where the ppl are poor .... LOL !!

Bro Ysc3,

I think we are in the same boat, Heard the letter-writing regularly, my late dad kept sending money monthly and built my younger uncle a house, which thy didn't have the money to maintain, becomes depilated throughout the years.

So sick of their La-Kopi session over dinner gossiping on how to squeeze monies from the fourth generation, thy all think we have it better than them, Now we should ask them to return the money favour . . .  I can complain cant afford new car, coz COE too high, crazy rising cost of living, min. Chay peng is $3.00/, MRT always breaks down, plus all the trains smell bad coz full of other races combines, Highways still jammed despite paying ERP to get-in . . . [bigcry]

↡ Advertisement