Radical change to education proposed by wp

Wind30

A fish in a small pond may not want to go to the sea all in the name of social equality... especially when puberty comes calling.. I would rather a child grows in an environment of comfort then to sate my thirst for pride if I’m the parent.

(edited)

Tell WP dun waste time proposing ideas for a better sgp..

Tell me at which point of time did PeP ever endorse or praise their effort before?

Even if the idea is damn tok kong, it will be shot down quickly n they will make them look like an idiot which they are very good at this kind of foreplay..

PeP is the most small gas partee in existence right now..

WP .. pls work harder for the coming elections n get your ideas approved by the direct route...

Edited by Freeder
  • Praise 9

Turbocharged

2018 - They will reject the idea and say no good. bla bla blaaaa...

2019 - They will use the same idea and say its different and 1000 times better.

• Praise 13

meaning if the top student of the school got 220, he will be granted (guaranteed) a place in RI, HC or VI?

sounds interesting and challenging to the teacher but not doable.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Tell me at which point of time did PeP ever endorse or praise their effort before?

Even if the idea is damn tok kong, it will be shot down quickly n they will make them look like an idiot which they are very good at this kind of foreplay..

WP .. pls work harder for the coming elections n get your ideas approved by the direct route...

asking the elites not to practise elitism is like seeing a naked gal in the mirror when your manhood start calling. come naturally lah!

meaning if the top student of the school got 220, he will be granted (guaranteed) a place in RI, HC or VI?

sounds interesting and challenging to the teacher but not doable.

how about more on the funding part. neighbourhood school to get more than elite school! workable as well. Alumni from neighbourhood school like me..ah seng and ah beng. how much can we contribute annually. eat also not enough to eat. Edited by Kopites

Hypersonic

A fish in a small pond may not want to go to the sea all in the name of social equality... especially when puberty comes calling.. I would rather a child grows in an environment of comfort then to sate my thirst for pride if I’m the parent.

it's a secondary school of their choice. No pressure on them, just allow them to join a "top school".

I think it's quite an interesting idea. Local meritocracy rather than national meritocracy.

In all things measured, national meritocracy is the fairer system. But national meritocracy entrenches social classes except to the exceptional few.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)

2018 - They will reject the idea and say no good. bla bla blaaaa...

2019 - They will use the same idea and say its different and 1000 times better.

This is not the first time.

GCM and monthly season pass were suggested by WP.

Rejected with some excuses by the incumbent and then implement it, and claim credit.

Hypocritical.

Edited by DACH
  • Praise 1

allow me to correct you.

the ruling party does accept the ideas but 

packaged it as their own ideas .....

plagiarism, quick call mata :XD:  :XD: 

• Praise 5

Turbocharged

It's a good idea. Basically the idea is grounded in the fact that ATTITUDE is what really drives success no matter where a person starts from.

The best students in a neighbourhood primary school, if they choose to go on to an "elite" brand-name school, will probably have a hard time keeping up with better-equipped peers, faster pace of learning and fiercer competition.

But having reached the top in their neighbourhood environment, where negative influences abound (let's admit that ...), shows they already have what it takes to succeed, the attitude, drive and motivation.

I think these students can eventually make it as well, and driven to better performances in "elite" school environment.

A good example would be those top tier ITE students. Their school is not academically-inclined and ridden with disciplinary problems, but these best students often go on to top their tertiary education in poly and univ as well. The positive attitude, self-discipline and motivation is already there.

Hypersonic

it really depends on what level u define top tier of students in such a primary school.

if only the top 2-3 students, then maybe these students already have no problems going into the top sec schools as they are already doing.

I was from a neighbourhood school. My class the top 8-10 all got into chinese high, nanyang, RGS, ACS etc.

Hypersonic
(edited)

Like that arrr, sure got parents want to game the system. The rich parent may  purposely sent their children  to a historical low performance primary school in PSLE, while sending their children to high SES tuition like The Learning Lab, or private tutor and make sure they get the extra tuition  needed to be top of the school . Since this school has a historical low performance in PSLE, chances are majority of the parents can't afford extra tuition for the students, thus lesser competition for the rich kid.

The rich kid no need to score 260+, just need to score maybe 240 and can be among  top 10% of the school liao and go to RI. 

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 4

Like that arrr, sure got parents want to game the system. The rich parent may  purposely sent their children  to a historical low performance primary school in PSLE, while sending their children to high SES tuition like The Learning Lab, or private tutor and make sure they get the extra tuition  needed to be top of the school . Since this school has a historical low performance in PSLE, chances are majority of the parents can't afford extra tuition for the students, thus lesser competition for the rich kid.

The rich kid no need to score 260+, just need to score maybe 240 and can be among  top 10% of the school liao and go to RI. 

walau you already thinking ahead to beat the system liao  [smash]   [sweatdrop]   [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

elites cannot mix  with peasants

birds of a feather flock together 

please don't try to change nature

:D

Hypersonic

yes this will inevitably happen. But it's an interesting proposal nonetheless.

Twincharged

Actually I don't think it will make much of a difference. Cuz most top students in the Primary school can get into the top schools anyway. Only a few schools standard so bad that their top 10 can't get into RI, chinese high and RGS kind of school.

I came from a neighborhood school that is so bad that no one wants to apply. Phase 2C also no balloting and many slots available. Only filled up after phase 3 and all those who failed to get a school. The top 10 students in my cohort all also eligible for SAP school and all 10 of us got into the schools we wanted. 

What will happen is you will end up with some students will lower than average PSLE results in each of these top schools. Then they either get motivated and end up doing well or demoralised and do even worse.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1