Summer Transfer Windows for 2018/2019 Season

another transfer window and it seems every prospective attacking player in Europe is linked to Pool.   

So much for the rumors. as usual, let's wait for the more creditable media sauces like Echo and BBC to move before we consider anything serious.  

Even for the Fekir whereby french media kept pushing it as 99% completed.. Echo stated that it is not even aware of any contact at all..  

why would pool buy more attacking players?

they need better GK and Defenders. maybe midfield too.

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

GK position - good to have.  Karius has improved so it is not a gaping issue now.  I suspect unless a good GK becomes available, Klopp wont be making it a priority. Expect Mingolet to be shown the door as Klopp should be convinced that he won't improve under him.  that's why there is a flurry of back up experienced GKs linked to Pool - Reina, Buffon etc. 

Defenders - likewise, i think this will be a good to have.  With Lovren, Matip, Kalvan and argubly Gomez, the CBs are well stocked. Since VVD arrived. Lovren has played much better and is in pole position to form the starting lineup. Matip will provide the challenge while Kalvan will be a needful backup.  LB - Robinson should be one of the best LB of the season. Expect Moreno to leave and if so, Klopp may dip for a back up. RB - think TAA and Clyne should be good enough liao. Gomez also able to play either full back positions.  Hence, all in all, I do not see Klopp buying a defender in the summer.  

Midfield - Can expected to exit and Keita will slot straight in. When Klopp plays Henderson, he will be the midfield anchor. Can then will play one of the B2B midfielder. In this instance Keita will be a straight swap.  However, when Henderson does not play, the question is who will be the anchor since Can is no longer around.  Either Klopp converts Milner or Wij to do so... otherwise, I think Klopp should invest in a DM in this instance.  

Attacking midfield and forwards - I do not think Klopp will buy an out and out striker. He will probably invest in 1 or 2 attacking midfielders or wide forwards. Primarily to replace coutinho and also in view Ox is out until November.   This is likely to be an interesting developments as very few available players can replace or provide meaningful challenge to the front 3.  So, that will weight heavily on Klopp's mind. The likes of Sturrige and Ings may move on.  I expect Solanke to stay and provide backup.  In the last game versus Brighton, it surprised me to see how fast and mobile Solanke was. He linked up well with the other forwards. Surely, again credit to Klopp's coaching.  

Overall - I think Klopp will prioritize quality over quantity in this window.  I really trust his transfer policy as he will bid his time to get the right players in.. rather than fixing the obvious gaps with less than perfect buys.  Timing is always an elusive quality but Klopp seems to get them right rather than wrong.   

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

another transfer window and it seems every prospective attacking player in Europe is linked to Pool.   

So much for the rumors. as usual, let's wait for the more creditable media sauces like Echo and BBC to move before we consider anything serious.  

Even for the Fekir whereby french media kept pushing it as 99% completed.. Echo stated that it is not even aware of any contact at all..  

Fekir is skillful. wouldn't mind him going LFC.

but he's 31 yo already, and unproven at a big club...

Vardy is a good player. He only rejected moving to arsenal cos he didn't want to.

Even this season, he has the best conversion rate of all BPL strikers. Goals vs chances.

He kept leicester up.

if u can ignore the fact he's a blatant racist and probably not a nice man haha

vardy quite old though. 32?

at that age very hard to expect him go poo play 2nd fiddle to salah

i think that's the main reason why he wouldn't go arsenal.

Vardy is a good player. He only rejected moving to arsenal cos he didn't want to.

Even this season, he has the best conversion rate of all BPL strikers. Goals vs chances.
He kept leicester up.

good analysis.

but i still have reservations on GK position.

karius improved but it's far from adequate imho. poo needs an upgrade in the gk dept to mount a proper title challenge.

and more depth esp in MF.

if firmino/salah injured off form no plan B liao.

GK position - good to have.  Karius has improved so it is not a gaping issue now.  I suspect unless a good GK becomes available, Klopp wont be making it a priority. Expect Mingolet to be shown the door as Klopp should be convinced that he won't improve under him.  that's why there is a flurry of back up experienced GKs linked to Pool - Reina, Buffon etc. 

Defenders - likewise, i think this will be a good to have.  With Lovren, Matip, Kalvan and argubly Gomez, the CBs are well stocked. Since VVD arrived. Lovren has played much better and is in pole position to form the starting lineup. Matip will provide the challenge while Kalvan will be a needful backup.  LB - Robinson should be one of the best LB of the season. Expect Moreno to leave and if so, Klopp may dip for a back up. RB - think TAA and Clyne should be good enough liao. Gomez also able to play either full back positions.  Hence, all in all, I do not see Klopp buying a defender in the summer.  

Midfield - Can expected to exit and Keita will slot straight in. When Klopp plays Henderson, he will be the midfield anchor. Can then will play one of the B2B midfielder. In this instance Keita will be a straight swap.  However, when Henderson does not play, the question is who will be the anchor since Can is no longer around.  Either Klopp converts Milner or Wij to do so... otherwise, I think Klopp should invest in a DM in this instance.  

Attacking midfield and forwards - I do not think Klopp will buy an out and out striker. He will probably invest in 1 or 2 attacking midfielders or wide forwards. Primarily to replace coutinho and also in view Ox is out until November.   This is likely to be an interesting developments as very few available players can replace or provide meaningful challenge to the front 3.  So, that will weight heavily on Klopp's mind. The likes of Sturrige and Ings may move on.  I expect Solanke to stay and provide backup.  In the last game versus Brighton, it surprised me to see how fast and mobile Solanke was. He linked up well with the other forwards. Surely, again credit to Klopp's coaching.  

Overall - I think Klopp will prioritize quality over quantity in this window.  I really trust his transfer policy as he will bid his time to get the right players in.. rather than fixing the obvious gaps with less than perfect buys.  Timing is always an elusive quality but Klopp seems to get them right rather than wrong.   

There will always be rumours during any windows. Newspaper need to sell column and agents needs to advertise their charges

Remember a few weeks back. Fellaini was linked to us to coerce a deal from mu

Supersonic

He kept leicester up.

i dont deny Vardy is good. as another bro mentioned, he rejected going to Arsenal maybe because he doesnt want to sit on the bench any more...

no comments on the racism but respect to his efforts to provide opportunities to non-league players with potential...

• Praise 1

still need a few able backups to the front 3 leh... Else they got no rest, and if anyone is out, then jialat liao...

(edited)

1. Chelsea target Lewandowski

These are turbulent times at Chelsea, to say the least -- but the Telegraph reports that they "will push on with ambitious summer plans and make Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski their No. 1 target."

While uncertainty surrounds the future of coach Antonio Conte and delays enmesh club owner Roman Abramovich's UK visa application, Chelsea are stepping up attempts to bring in the Poland international.

The Telegraph says the FA Cup winners believe he is "ready for a move away from the German champions" -- but he could cost more than £100 million.

2. Can poised to sign Juventus deal

And so, after a protracted saga, Liverpool midfielder Emre Can "will formally complete a move to Juventus after the Champions League final," the Guardian reports.

It says Can, who has been linked with the Serie A champions for several months, will sign a five-year deal and is likely to earn around €5m a season.

The Germany international, who joined Liverpool from Bayer Leverkusen in 2014, is out of contract at the end of June, with attempts to persuade him to sign new terms having failed.

link :http://global.espn.com/football/blog/transfer-talk/79/post/3506807/transfer-talk-robert-lewandowski-deal-could-prove-chelsea-ambition-to-eden-hazard-thibaut-courtois

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15

Neutral Newbie
Neymar has made it clear to Paris Saint-Germain that he would like to move to Real Madrid this summer, but the French treble winners will not allow their prized asset to depart without a fight.

Goal understands that the 26-year-old Brazil international has made his feelings known to the board of the Ligue 1 champions, just one year after making a world record €222 million (£200m/$262m) switch from Barcelona last summer.

Neymar_real_madrid%2B%25282%2529.png

PSG are ready to play hardball with their ace, who they desperately want to keep hold of.

Neymar's agent Pini Zahavi met with Real Madrid president Florentino Perez on May 13 before meeting with Neymar's lawyer a day later, with the player's father in the background eager to push a deal through.

PSG's desire, however, is that they will retain the services of the player, who is under contract until 2022.

Neymar_real_madrid%2B%25288%2529.png

If Madrid do force through a deal, it is not expected to be completed before the end of the World Cup, which finishes on July 15.

Since moving to France, there have been reports that the Parc des Princes side were simply a stepping stone to the Bernabeu club, and the striker has made it clear that is the destination that he wishes to reach by the close of the transfer window.

His future in Paris has been beset by speculation for months, with his attitude towards his team-mates questioned when he and Edinson Cavani had a very public falling out over who should take a penalty in a league fixture against Dijon.  [smash]  [smash]  [smash]

Hypersonic

Real Madrid have been forced to break a 'lucky' superstition ahead of the Champions League final against Liverpool.

Los Blancos have reached and won three finals in the past four campaigns and on all of those occasions, they were flown to Lisbon in 2014, Milan in 2016 and Cardiff in 2017 on a plane managed by the same crew, as reported by Spanish publication AS.

But on this occasion, they have been forced to break that winning tradition.

It has emerged that captain Juan Ramón Bonet, first officer Alejandro Buxonat and cabin manager Rosa Delia Sosa will not fly the squad to the final, which is in Kiev, because of the size of the plane.

So that's why they will not win.

:D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1