Faulty absorber for new car

Storm88

Turbocharged

Dear mycarforum reader,

Recently I heard from one of my friend that the car he is driving for less than a year has faulty pair of absorbers. This car is from a high end dealer and is very popular in Singapore. He contacted the dealer and was told that the pair of absorbers will be replaced only free of charge as it is on warranty. What would you do if you are the owner of this car? Welcome feedback. cheers.

Ask your friend go sue LTA for making so many hump n uneven road surface to damaged his absorbers! :secret-laugh:
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

Twincharged

To answer the TS's question in all honesty:

I will send my car to the AD's workshop and have it replaced under warranty.

Drink their cappucino and breakfast croissants

Read the newspaper

Watch free CNN

Use the free wifi

Use the free toilet

Molest the top end models on display

Enjoy the aircon

Collect my car and go home.

Did I leave out any other things to do?

:D

While the going is good, some owners have the audacity to ask for tarpoa..

I see the way some people drives over humps like it's an off-roader, I think shock absorbers spoil should be quite common.

As for TS, maybe you can advise your friend to get it changed during the next servicing if don't want to waste too much time.

• Praise 1

what do you want and can do? sue? for what? and sure to lose as there is a warranty in place and the parts and changed.  that's why there is a warrant in the first place to guard against defects.

I think you better ask your friend to build his own car la.your friend's $1, bigger than a Singapore flyer wheel!

Thanks MK122 for your reply. No one is going to sue for sure as there is a warranty in place. Questions is what happens if you start to replace new parts with some old parts already with the car...like tyres...bearings and brake pad...In internet these are common problems relating to faulty absorber..... As consumers, I think when we buy a product, we need to look at total cost of ownership and I think this friend of mine is not that miser type but the bad experience counts. 

Twincharged

Thanks MK122 for your reply. No one is going to sue for sure as there is a warranty in place. Questions is what happens if you start to replace new parts with some old parts already with the car...like tyres...bearings and brake pad...In internet these are common problems relating to faulty absorber..... As consumers, I think when we buy a product, we need to look at total cost of ownership and I think this friend of mine is not that miser type but the bad experience counts.

It’s safer to replace the whole car and only buy brand new. Old and new parts should never mix. It’s very dangerous and safety can be compromised. Please tell your friend to sell and buy another car for safety reasons.
  • Praise 4

Noted. boycott lor.

Supersonic

Dude, there's a reason why cars are made up of components. 

How to afford to keep buying a new car each time something damages? 

Supercharged

Even mission critical stuff like space shuttle or Boeing passenger jet also just replace faulty parts... if going by your theory. Boeing will be very busy replacing planes with planes every day.

Perhaps your only experience with "faulty" item is iphone where you hand over your bad phone to service center and get a "new" reconn unit back. Generally that is the exception rather than the rule.

Next time when you grow up and buy cars you will know lah.... no worries study hard for your exams first.

• Praise 3

“What happens if you start to replace new parts with some old parts already with the car..”

Loss for words lol. So brake pad worn then rotor also better change. While you are on that, better change bearing and tyres too.

After changing tyres remember to change rims also cause it is old part but tyres will be new.

Change engine oil better overhaul as there could be old part engine oil left.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

When it comes to first oil change, his friend might change the whole car. Else change new oil liao, then need to replace old engine.... then replace old gearbox... old brakes... old tyres.... whole chasis old liao need to replace... buy a new car faster....

• Praise 2

(edited)

TS is your friend the boss of the budget hotel chain? [laugh]

I heard he sued the local dealer about his "flaw" limo "making a lot of vibrations and noise".

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2673942-fragrance-hotel-boss-sues-agent-over-flaw-in-rolls-royce/

For us we are mere mortals. The cars we buy don't cost a fortune. So when dealer is willing to replace the faulty parts FOC under warranty we are happy.

You gotto understand when a car gets shipped to S'pore you can imagine how many ppl have already driven the car. It will go to a transport trailer to the port, from port up the ramp into the ship carrier, secured one of the decks via straps, might hit rough seas, reach the destination country's port, driven down the ramp to the holding area, driven up to a trailer, transported to the warehouse and finally delivered the car to you.

If you look at how a car is transport in between the journey be it on the roads or high seas anything can happen. That's why there are things like insurance coverage and warranty taking care of things should something happen.

Edited by Watwheels

To answer the TS's question in all honesty:

I will send my car to the AD's workshop and have it replaced under warranty.

Drink their cappucino and breakfast croissants

Read the newspaper

Watch free CNN

Use the free wifi

Use the free toilet

Molest the top end models on display

Enjoy the aircon

Collect my car and go home.

Did I leave out any other things to do?

:D

Enjoy massage chair as well.. Osim 天王椅。
↡ Advertisement