New Electricity Service providers

Sdf4786k

Their focus now is not on the people, but profits.

Think of the times when all food centres were managed by NEA. With low rental, hawkers could put more focus on cooking good food without too much worries about their earnings to cover the overheads.

Now? NEA just need to shake leg in office while a 3rd party does the dirty work and make a profit out of milking the hawkers.

I think so too. 12 players is too many for small singapore. Furthermore, the upstream supply is still SP. Seriously, I don't see how these 12 players are going to manage bottonline.

Ah gong really sibei smart. Instead of managing thousands of households, now only need to mange 12 accounts. I won't be surprised if a few of those 12 players go out of business after 2 years.

Anyhow, why shd I care. Where cheap where I go.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Their focus now is not on the people, but profits.

Think of the times when all food centres were managed by NEA. With low rental, hawkers could put more focus on cooking good food without too much worries about their earnings to cover the overheads.

Now? NEA just need to shake leg in office while a 3rd party does the dirty work and make a profit out of milking the hawkers.

Outsourcing should be reducing costs while maintaining quality control.

But it doesn't seems to be in this case.

To me, it is not as simple as just "outsourcing".

Look at the big companies monopolizing the hawker centre managing agent role.

Who are their big bosses related to?

Outsourcing should be reducing costs while maintaining quality control.

But it doesn't seems to be in this case.

I stay in Jurong & one of the early ones to switch from SP.

My advice is:

1) do your own research which retailer's plan suits you (read the fine T&C)

2) go for better known retailers (the lesser known ones dropped out liao which is shocking to me that the total customer base is only 500 for them.)

3) Don't be swayed by the freebies dished out in roadshows (need to calculate the overall cost in long term, especially if you sign up for 2-year plan)

4) By switching, yes you will get some savings if based on similar consumption BUT pls don't expect lots of savings. (mine was on average $10/mth only, which is better than nothing)

10/mth mean 120/year.

quite significant imo.

btw what was your monthly average before the switch?

mine area will be the last on the list..