New Electricity Service providers

Sdf4786k

Dumped keppel as there is no incentive or perks to sign with them.

Saw sembcorp at elias mall and the deal was rather enticing.

Approached them and ask just one question on which CC can be used for monthly bill. Told them i like to do things chop chop and just sign up and prefer not to ask too many question.

That's when an aunty in enquring turned around and stared at me.

Oh well.......

Thought you have signed up with Keppel. Now you dumped them, any termination charge?

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Sembcorp no early termination penalty if you sell house or move house.

They will not follow you to next address.

But they have security deposit of BTW $50 - $60

Thought you have signed up with Keppel. Now you dumped them, any termination charge?

The cso called me to follow up and I requested that the ntuc points be transfer to my missus as I am not in the "union".

The answer was not possible to do so and I requested to terminate and they agreed.

Simpler than I though. Heng ah.....

Sembcorp no early termination penalty if you sell house or move house.

They will not follow you to next address.

But they have security deposit of BTW $50 - $60

Mine was 90.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

The cso called me to follow up and I requested that the ntuc points be transfer to my missus as I am not in the "union".

The answer was not possible to do so and I requested to terminate and they agreed.

Simpler than I though. Heng ah.....

Mine was 90.

Big house, more deposit..?

My 3 rm = $50

5 rm = $60

I have been with sembcorp for 3 months. Don't think there's a referral code.

I didn't get anything when I signed with them.

I'm just happy with the lower price bill.

My area only start 1st may.

Let say if curecently paying $100 per month for electricity how much can save if usage remain the same.

metered... pay what you use

loss adjusted... pay what you use multiplied by a transmission loss factor

ð

What is transmission loss factor? I am still learning before 1st may.

Supersonic

Let say if curecently paying $100 per month for electricity how much can save if usage remain the same.

Based on current rate of SP 24c vs Sembcorp 17.8c, your $100 bill will most likely now be $75

I'm not sure about transmission loss factor.

Based on current rate of SP 24c vs Sembcorp 17.8c, your $100 bill will most likely now be $75

I'm not sure about transmission loss factor.

Thanks.

That is a lot of saving! Really can't wait for 1st may..#&$*#*@

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

TLF is the retailer take the rmeter reading and multiply by the TLF. And they use the product to calulate the cost for you.

E.g. meter reading 100kwh, and suppose the TLF is 1.03. Then the retailer will bill you the for 103kwh usage. I don't know what's the current TLF.  

But there's a number of retailers absorbing the TLF. It will be in their T and C ..

• Praise 3

TLF is the retailer take the rmeter reading and multiply by the TLF. And they use the product to calulate the cost for you.

E.g. meter reading 100kwh, and suppose the TLF is 1.03. Then the retailer will bill you the for 103kwh usage. I don't know what's the current TLF.

But there's a number of retailers absorbing the TLF. It will be in their T and C ..

So TLF is a variable rate?

Hypersonic
(edited)

I don't know who set the TLF rate. But I guess it's variable year to year and standardised among all retailers. Maybe it's SP that determine the TLF..

Edited by Ender

I don't know who set the TLF rate. But I guess it's variable year to year and standardised among all retailers. Maybe it's SP that determine the TLF..

Thanks.

Twincharged

sembcorp got security deposit so i struck off

did they tell you billing is metered or loss adjusted?

i applied - took Ohm Energy  6month contract and used my friends $20/- rebate 

After 2 days Ohm send email saying that it cannot be done due to my meter changed only less than 3 months back ; maybe like say COE over (actually it was installed 10 years back )

Now waiting for approval from SP   

They replied like this

We noticed that you attempted to sign-up but your transaction was not approved by SP. We have reached out to SP to request for their assistance as this application was unsuccessful.

Thank you for showing interest in our Price Plans. Is there anything that we could have helped you with?       [confused] 

Turbocharged

i applied - took Ohm Energy  6month contract and used my friends $20/- rebate 

After 2 days Ohm send email saying that it cannot be done due to my meter changed only less than 3 months back ; maybe like say COE over (actually it was installed 10 years back )

Now waiting for approval from SP   

They replied like this

We noticed that you attempted to sign-up but your transaction was not approved by SP. We have reached out to SP to request for their assistance as this application was unsuccessful.

Thank you for showing interest in our Price Plans. Is there anything that we could have helped you with?       [confused] 

what is Ohm concern with new meter?

I know SP concern over very low usage.. happened to my parents home.. they changed the meter as worry that the meter is faulty and not producing correct reading.

what is Ohm concern with new meter?

I know SP concern over very low usage.. happened to my parents home.. they changed the meter as worry that the meter is faulty and not producing correct reading.

I think the retailers all still need green light from SP still first ( to make sure technically no issues with meters as they still have the final say) ..... I LLST have to follow this conformity

Turbocharged

I think the retailers all still need green light from SP still first ( to make sure technically no issues with meters as they still have the final say) ..... I LLST have to follow this conformity

oic.. but i guess will be approved eventually

↡ Advertisement