Decathlon Singapore

StreetFight3r

Decathlon opening 4th and biggest store in Singapore. I'm surprised there is no thread being started here since they are so popz! SG so small need to many megastore? But anyway what's good in Decathlon? Been there so many times so far only buy a pair of shoes and also bag from the City Square store. 

https://www.straitstimes.com/sport/decathlon-to-open-fourth-and-biggest-store-here-in-collaboration-with-sport-singapore

SINGAPORE - Riding on a tie-up with national sports agency Sport Singapore (SportSG), sporting goods retailer Decathlon is set to open its biggest store here yet.

The store in Stadium Boulevard in Kallang - Decathlon's fourth here - will be about 5,000 sq m in size and is expected to open its doors in January next year.

Decathlon announced the news at its Bedok store on Tuesday (May 22), where a memorandum of understanding was signed by its Asia chief executive Yves Claude and his SportSG counterpart Lim Teck Yin.

Called the Decathlon Singapore Lab, the store is the first of its kind in Asia, pioneering the use of technology like virtual simulations and augmented reality.

Customers trying out a pair of shoes will be able to get foot scans, for example.

"Traditional retail is in trouble around the world. The expectations of customers are changing very quickly, they will not come just for the (store's) layout," said Mr Claude.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Decathlon opening 4th and biggest store in Singapore. I'm surprised there is no thread being started here since they are so popz! SG so small need to many megastore? But anyway what's good in Decathlon? Been there so many times so far only buy a pair of shoes and also bag from the City Square store.

https://www.straitstimes.com/sport/decathlon-to-open-fourth-and-biggest-store-here-in-collaboration-with-sport-singapore

SINGAPORE - Riding on a tie-up with national sports agency Sport Singapore (SportSG), sporting goods retailer Decathlon is set to open its biggest store here yet.

The store in Stadium Boulevard in Kallang - Decathlon's fourth here - will be about 5,000 sq m in size and is expected to open its doors in January next year.

Decathlon announced the news at its Bedok store on Tuesday (May 22), where a memorandum of understanding was signed by its Asia chief executive Yves Claude and his SportSG counterpart Lim Teck Yin.

Called the Decathlon Singapore Lab, the store is the first of its kind in Asia, pioneering the use of technology like virtual simulations and augmented reality.

Customers trying out a pair of shoes will be able to get foot scans, for example.

"Traditional retail is in trouble around the world. The expectations of customers are changing very quickly, they will not come just for the (store's) layout," said Mr Claude.

Their taobao store got sell down jacket

I donno is it any good

But cheaper than sg even after shipping

Twincharged

I would suggest for them to have real time live update tags for their products also.

I was looking for a pair of track pants and the price board says got size xs to xxl ... but after going through the whole lot, the largest I could find was xl only ! damn ... waste time only.

I would suggest for them to have real time live update tags for their products also.

I was looking for a pair of track pants and the price board says got size xs to xxl ... but after going through the whole lot, the largest I could find was xl only ! damn ... waste time only.

Their taobao store

【迪卡侬运动短裤男夏季速干休闲宽松五分裤子跑步健身短裤RUN U】http://m.tb.cn/h.WA0HwdW 点击链接,再选择浏览器打开;或复制这条信息¥kTIC0vVAxOK¥后打开

Supersonic

Decathlon should take over the space in Big Box?! Anyway, i cant really find anything which can buy in Decathlon lo. So they are going to open in Kallang leisure mall or Kallang wave mall ah?

Turbocharged

Not only in Singapore they are expanding.. My buddy is being posted out to Bangkok and oversee the expansion down there...

Lots of $$ to burn!!!

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Not only in Singapore they are expanding.. My buddy is being posted out to Bangkok and oversee the expansion down there...

Lots of $$ to burn!!!

The faster they are expanding the more dangerous it will be.

Twincharged

quick !! buy their shares !!

富贵险中求 !

• Praise 1

esp retail in sg now. cannot make it already. even toys r us also can close in usa. one or two megastore in sg will be about right in times like these! one east one west.

Supersonic

esp retail in sg now. cannot make it already. even toys r us also can close in usa. one or two megastore in sg will be about right in times like these! one east one west.

True, thats why i think not a very good strategy to expand so fast in sg retail. But another giant retail uniqlo also expand and opened many outlets, and seems like their business not bad?!

Twincharged

True, thats why i think not a very good strategy to expand so fast in sg retail. But another giant retail uniqlo also expand and opened many outlets, and seems like their business not bad?!

business good or bad depends on one thing only ... marketing !

Supersonic

I foresee the stores in Bedok and City Square to close down.

The store in city square quite big le, if close down dont know who can take over?

Decathlon should take over the space in Big Box?! Anyway, i cant really find anything which can buy in Decathlon lo. So they are going to open in Kallang leisure mall or Kallang wave mall ah?

Neither. It's next to McDonald's/Long Beach King

Supersonic

Neither. It's next to McDonald's/Long Beach King

Next to MacD/long beach? Over there have new building?

Their stuff good for beginners but if you want to take your interest in the particular sport a bit further, you need to shop elsewhere.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

The store in city square quite big le, if close down dont know who can take over?

Divide into smaller spaces to rent out.
↡ Advertisement