Feedback on road users

Coldstar

Still a crime ma. That's why there is a punishment. Some traffic offence also got jail term and criminal record. Anyway, in iwitness, need to select category and one of it is traffic matters.

Tailgating is a crime on the roads?
↡ Advertisement

Twincharged
(edited)

Did you turn up in court in the end?

Didn't have to in the end. I was told by the IO is he just get my consent just in case. Usually if got clear video then the witness won't be needed. Only time witness need go court if there is some dispute? My uncle had to go court for traffic offence before and they also didn't need the witness to be present cuz the video evidence was provided.

Tailgating is a crime on the roads?

Guess so. I only reported this guy cuz he was tailgating me for 10+s when I already signaled my intention to change to left lane when I saw him approaching from far away. Couldn't find a gap so took abit longer and he was tailgating me throughout that 10+s. 

According to the IO, he can't reveal what the driver will be charged with but he mentioned that for intentional acts, usually its classified under reckless/dangerous driving if there is no specific punishmen for that offence in the RTA. If the act looks unintentional then might be charged with careless driving which got much lower penalty.

Anyway, for this one, also didn't have to go to court. I called TP for update and he said that action has been taken and video evidence was enough. Didn't need me in court. But still can't reveal what the driver got charged with.

Edited by Nzy