2019 7th Generation BMW 3 Series (G20 / G21)

Carbon82

Yeah I know - but I'm referring to the 340i.. lol

M5 is a beast.. a V8 beast.. I am content with a straight-6... good enough..

Yeah, but it shows that bmw is now fully embracing their 4wd technology and is confident that it will enhance the cars performance.
↡ Advertisement

Yeah, but it shows that bmw is now fully embracing their 4wd technology and is confident that it will enhance the cars performance.

BMW always had AWD since the 80s. 

M3s will remain RWD. M5 AWD can also be turned off. 

interior is a big improvement but still feel c class and a4 are nicer place to be in.

like the bigger 3d kidney grill and headlight.

but the lower front bumper feels very busy in M sport package while the luxury spec is plain boring

BMW always had AWD since the 80s.

M3s will remain RWD. M5 AWD can also be turned off.

Yeah. They used to offer AWD more for folks who live in areas with snow. This is the very first M5 with AWD and is geared towards performance.

They give the option to switch off for the 1% purists who knows how to handle a 600hp rwd car. Lol.

i feel G20 and G30 has reached its perfection in shapes and sizes

all in all ... well done for G20 and G30 [thumbsup]

the biggest challenge is the next model has to be mind-boggling ... lol

Edited by Wt_know

hmm.. for AWD, quattro seems to be far better though.. but it's based on my own butt-feel.. :secret-laugh:

The G20 BMW 3 Series is surprisingly larger than many older BMWs

2019-BMW-3-Series-exterior-interior-7-83

It’s been about two years since I tragically sold my E36 3 Series. Yet, I still remember how small, nimble and tight it felt on …

It’s been about two years since I tragically sold my E36 3 Series. Yet, I still remember how small, nimble and tight it felt on the road. Like a leather-lined go-kart. It was a wonderful feeling. In this current market, though, my BMW 3 Series would be considered a subcompact at this point, competing with the Volkswagen Up! and Ford Fiesta. That’s because modern cars have become positively enormous and the new BMW 3 Series is bigger than a surprising amount of older BMWs.

One of the main aspects of the new G20 3 Series that BMW stressed from the beginning was its size and weight. It’s longer, wider and ever-so-slightly taller than the car it replaces but it’s also a bit lighter. However, it’s not just larger than older 3 Series’. It’s larger than a lot of older BMWs.

For instance, the new 3 Series, a model that was always relatively small, is now larger than the E53 BMW X5. More specifically, it’s longer than than the E53 X5. So this new 3er is longer than what was once considered a large SUV. That’s crazy.

bmw-e53-x5-d-750x625.jpg

It’s also wider than an E39 BMW 5 Series. Sure, the E39 is a tough longer but the G20 is actually wider, allowing for more lateral passenger space.

Speaking of interior space, headroom is typically something that luxury cars brag about. Luxury cars like the 7 Series are constantly boasting large interior space figures. Guess which car has more headroom than the E32 7 Series? That’s right, the G20 3 Series.

BMW-E32-7-Series-Romania-20-830x553.jpg

Basically, what we’re saying is that the new 3er is big as hell for a 3 Series. But it’s not just the 3er, as every other car in the segment is huge now. I test drove a B9-generation Audi A4, the current-gen, and it was significantly longer and wider than a friend’s B7-gen A4, which is just over ten years old. So it’s not just the G20 but it’s still wild to see just how much longer, wider and taller it is than past generations of BMWs that were always typically longer than the 3 Series.

The G20 BMW 3 Series is surprisingly larger than many older BMWs

not surprising, the C class now is about the same size as my mum's e class 20 years ago.

• Praise 1

its not the car dimensions guys, its the skill and estimation of the driver.

i guess just talking in general cars have grown in size over the years

• Praise 2

yes ... carpark lot is shrinking and custom immigration lane is sibei tight [mad] !

i guess just talking in general cars have grown in size over the years

yes ... carpark lot is shrinking and custom immigration lane is sibei tight [mad] !

especially in older shopping malls like tanjong katong mall and peace centre haha

Hearsay Lambo needs traffic marshal to go into custom immigration lane.

especially in older shopping malls like tanjong katong mall and peace centre haha

Liang Court & East Point upper level multi storey carpark is d killer.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1