Singapore to Fail without PAP?

Aventador

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/banking/mas-to-shelve-know-your-customer-utility-project-due-to-unexpected-high-costs-ravi?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&xtor=CS1-10#Echobox=1541994001

Heng.. This should be the way.. Admit that cost is too high and decide to drop it so that it will not continue to incure high expenditures. Everyone make mistake. Just don't because of want to save face, so no matter what must carry on even if the expenditure is a lot higher then expected.

Will pap do that?

Singhealth hack... cough cough..

Also..

Big whales don't want their info exposed.

That's my point.  So what is the mouthpiece talking about, when it says that the result of the CEC reflects Singaporean's sentiments?

In the case of the ruling party, PAP, the citizens (majority) voted them as our government while WP they are not voted in as government.

If for the past general elections for the past 50 years, there were many unhappiness among the citizens, but they still vote for the ruling party. So with each passing GE, it is an affirmation, that they are allowed a free hand in whatever they do.

It will happen one day. The AHTC trial has more or less affected WP. Once WP falls, its the end, The rest of the opp party  is no match for them.They are like a pack of loose sand. Very disunited. 

If nothing goes wrong, Aljunied GRC will go back to PAP.

Scare to see the day where there are no opp in parliament

Edited by RogerNg_185295

It will happen one day. The AHTC trial has more or less affected WP. Once WP falls, its the end, The rest of the opp party is no match for them.They are like a pack of loose sand. Very disunited.

If nothing goes wrong, Aljunied GRC will go back to PAP.

I did read article on how Microsoft save Apple from bankruptcy during 1990s.. Although they are rivals, Microsoft still save Apple. End up because Apple innovations in 2000s that led to the change in the way we operate in terms of technology. Like smartphone..

So with competitions is good. If singapore political ground is without competition. That's it for singapore progresses as most likely they will take things for granted.

Edited by Yewheng

Competition is good. But the competitors themselves also cannot agree how to compete. No hope already. 

Unless Tan Cheng Bock can rise to the occassion

I did read article on how Microsoft save Apple from bankruptcy during 1990s.. Although they are rivals, Microsoft still save Apple. End up because Apple innovations in 2000s that led to the change in the way we operate in terms of technology. Like smartphone..

So with competitions is good. If singapore political ground is without competition. That's it for singapore progresses as most likely they will take things for granted.

• Praise 2

I am pretty sure I am going to ruffle some feathers here with this comment.

There are so many here kpkb about our government and these same individuals cut down outspoken individuals like Roy N and HHH. 

The funny thing I realised is that HHH was not a local born (correct me if I am wrong) but originally from Malaysia, yet she got more b a l l s that many here who condemned her for talking nonsense.

If anyone of you think she speaks nonsense and can do a better job and have an issue with the current government, please come out to speak and make a difference in our country.

Let's be objective here. 

Singapore has one the lowest cost of public transportation in the developed countries. 

Heathcare is affordable with medishield and medisave schemes. 

BTO flats are now affordable at ~3-4.5x annual income (compare this to Sydney which is around 11x annual income). 

You mentioned that people suffered.. what do you mean by this? Majority of people living in Singapore are suffering? 

The infrastructure building that has taken place in the past 10 years are the best investment Singapore can make for the current and future generations. We (as a country) are doing well and is leaving behind a well built up, efficient and safe city-state for our children. 

If you have lived and travelled the world, you would admit that Singapore is doing better than at least 95% of countries.  

I wonder if there is any other country that do not have problems. There will always be problems. Same as in our work place, our relationship with friends and families. 

As a whole, Singaporeans are not that bad. At least I see many Singaporeans can afford to travel overseas especially with a strong SGD. One colleague always complaint this expensive and that expensive. But he has no issue going to Frankfurt and Orlando for a nice holiday with his family of 4. Flying Singapore Airlines you know. Maybe singaporeans just like to complain, part and parcel of life.

Just watch a documentary that a south korean 82 years old grand mother is living on $2 a day. She cant depends on her 5 children as they are jobless and also need to feed on the family. 

• Praise 1

In Chinese theres a saying 比上不足比下有余。 Often times I hear people saying Singapore is "still" better than country A, B or C.

It's like telling an owner of a BM or Merc who complained of certain lack of functionality and telling them "it's very good already.. my 10 year old car also dont have".

Or a better example is to accept your kids almost-failed result when his excuse was "I'm the not last in class".

Things has to be compared in relative terms.. how much are these PAP ministers paying themselves (out of taxpayers money btw)..

Also, I compare Singapore to a human with cancer.. on the outlook he appears ok but things are beginning to fall apart slow but surely, and we have people still saying "Singapore is still better than country A/B/C mah".

• Praise 3

Are you comapring apples to apples? The way you are comparing is like durian to apple and telling us apple is smaller than durian

I wonder if there is any other country that do not have problems. There will always be problems. Same as in our work place, our relationship with friends and families. 

As a whole, Singaporeans are not that bad. At least I see many Singaporeans can afford to travel overseas especially with a strong SGD. One colleague always complaint this expensive and that expensive. But he has no issue going to Frankfurt and Orlando for a nice holiday with his family of 4. Flying Singapore Airlines you know. Maybe singaporeans just like to complain, part and parcel of life.

Just watch a documentary that a south korean 82 years old grand mother is living on $2 a day. She cant depends on her 5 children as they are jobless and also need to feed on the family. 

Think Taiwan spent a lot more on healthcare than SG. SG is a largely you pay yourself system.

Another Taiwanese article that may be of interest to you.

https://international.thenewslens.com/article/106583

Taiwan gov don’t spend a single cent for healthcare. The people pay via their monthly salaries to buy a national insurance coverage which in turn covers their medical bill.

There are very few public Hospitals. Mostly owned by foundations set up by corporations like Formosa. There are also those university based Hospitals.

• Praise 1

Think Taiwan spent a lot more on healthcare than SG. SG is a largely you pay yourself system.

Another Taiwanese article that may be of interest to you.

https://international.thenewslens.com/article/106583

Good article, no doubt will be considered harmful fake news and banned if some people get their way.

The best way is to understand that Singapore today is a farm, the farmer takes the milk, eggs, skin and flesh, in return he gives.. rewards.. some hay and water and tell the animals to be happy, "fixing" those that complain. While he stays in the nice farm house.

But of cos.. not all animals are equal too.

post-7190-0-77104100-1542086354.jpeg

• Praise 1

Dogs need to be loyal to their farmers. i think close to 70% of the farmer followers are the dogs.

Good article, no doubt will be considered harmful fake news and banned if some people get their way.

The best way is to understand that Singapore today is a farm, the farmer takes the milk, eggs, skin and flesh, in return he gives.. rewards.. some hay and water and tell the animals to be happy, "fixing" those that complain. While he stays in the nice farm house.
But of cos.. not all animals are equal too.

In Chinese theres a saying æ¯ä¸ä¸è¶³æ¯ä¸æä½ã Often times I hear people saying Singapore is "still" better than country A, B or C.

It's like telling an owner of a BM or Merc who complained of certain lack of functionality and telling them "it's very good already.. my 10 year old car also dont have".

Or a better example is to accept your kids almost-failed result when his excuse was "I'm the not last in class".

Things has to be compared in relative terms.. how much are these PAP ministers paying themselves (out of taxpayers money btw)..

Also, I compare Singapore to a human with cancer.. on the outlook he appears ok but things are beginning to fall apart slow but surely, and we have people still saying "Singapore is still better than country A/B/C mah".

I hate politicians saying 500k is undignified or 1 million not enough to serve.. While old folks wipe tables and young nsf die for peanuts..

But their salary is a whole different topic.. more a huge issue of greed and Moral.

When comparing with other countries, people often fail to see that others are laughing at us.

They will be thinking :"what "country"???!! You barely considered a fecking small city with almost perfect conditions and want to lecture us?? Lai lai.. change places"

Face palm...

What serve what passion ? They are kidding us. It all about money to them. no money no talk. 

I hate politicians saying 500k is undignified or 1 million not enough to serve.. While old folks wipe tables and young nsf die for peanuts..
But their salary is a whole different topic.. more a huge issue of greed and Moral.

When comparing with other countries, people often fail to see that others are laughing at us.
They will be thinking :"what "country"???!! You barely considered a fecking small city with almost perfect conditions and want to lecture us?? Lai lai.. change places"

Face palm...

↡ Advertisement