Do you have a "neighbor" car everyday you park your car?

DACH

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a "neighbor" car?

• Yes
    • No

Twincharged
(edited)

My lot

Nuff said

attachicon.gif3CE08EC8-DBE6-4D2C-BE5F-4AA939FA953B.jpeg

i dun need neighbors hahahaha

I think you will lose to my cousin ... he always park single lot whenever possible ... even if it means far away from where is going.

even for my wedding lunch at the HDB void deck restaurant, he asked his taxi driver father to go recce the place for single lot before he went to the venue !!

but for me I will just park wherever convenient ... presently in the carpark below my block .... no preference for cars or trucks or vans ... although surprisingly, one of the better "parkers" around there is a cabstar driver.

that being said, i do have a dislike car at my old place (now parents place) ... there is this Dr who always park with the end of his rear bumper just above the end of the pavement. this way, the front of his car will always extend beyond the lot by about 1 foot or so. if he fully reverse inside, then the front will be flushed with the rest and inside the lots.

Edited by Ysc3
↡ Advertisement

Always park in single family lot until one day a few cb kia without family come and snatch my family lot. A few times see them either old couple or family with teenage kids. Lim bei ginna only 2 months old, want me to go and park at shared lot. Difficult to open door without touching other neighbour’s car to bring my little one out.

Internal Moderator

i concur...bikers look after your car and they are respectful.  Never had issues with bikers. [thumbsup]

Goes both ways. If I do have to take up the lot beside a car, I would make sure I give enough clearance for the car to park and exit smoothly and also for the driver/passenger to open the door. I wouldn't want them to hit my bike and I make sure on my part I don't park stupidly close.

It sure is easier to park a bike than a car anw. Haha.

• Praise 2

I think you will lose to my cousin ... he always park single lot whenever possible ... even if it means far away from where is going.

even for my wedding lunch at the HDB void deck restaurant, he asked his taxi driver father to go recce the place for single lot before he went to the venue !!

but for me I will just park wherever convenient ... presently in the carpark below my block .... no preference for cars or trucks or vans ... although surprisingly, one of the better "parkers" around there is a cabstar driver.

that being said, i do have a dislike car at my old place (now parents place) ... there is this Dr who always park with the end of his rear bumper just above the end of the pavement. this way, the front of his car will always extend beyond the lot by about 1 foot or so. if he fully reverse inside, then the front will be flushed with the rest and inside the lots.

Same la haaaaa

I’ll park farrrrr away

Posted this b4. Still will hv ppl come near me one

Note... lift is at area where I took image from. 6th floor

post-547-0-80773600-1527486016_thumb.jpg

My car decal is rare.

That is actually a good way to tell your car apart from others. Some decals or car sticker or different rims....

But ur wife still go to the wrong car... [laugh] . Maybe you need a decal with her face on it..

Supersonic

Always park in single family lot until one day a few cb kia without family come and snatch my family lot. A few times see them either old couple or family with teenage kids. Lim bei ginna only 2 months old, want me to go and park at shared lot. Difficult to open door without touching other neighbourâs car to bring my little one out.

you need sliding doors

Speaking of parking beside bike, i used to ride R1 and park at my mscp, one day i went down and found my bike lying beside a 7series rim, lucky nv scratch his rim or door.

Must be those kids trying to sit on it , cant handle and it falls. So i always try to park with enough clearance for bike to "fall" if there is any....

Another extremely funny incident - many years ago, back in HK, parked my white Nissan Cedric next to a white old Merc. My car was covered in dust, after a few days of use in rough rural roads. But was too tired to get it washed, so I left it.

One day, I came back to find the car sparkling clean - it had been washed thoroughly, even to the rims which were polished and shining! Found it so strange and reported to the building's security who were also amused - we all had a good laugh about it. 

We guessed that the owner of the Merc asked someone (either a mobile groomer or maid) to wash it, but the person washed my car by mistake instead.

Both were long, rectangular-shaped cars, very unlike today's modern cars, and both were white. 

Since then I often purposely parked next to that Merc whenever my car was dirty, but nothing like that ever happened again, unfortunately  [laugh]

• Praise 4

Supercharged

My favourite at open carpark will be one that is without shade. Birds have no mercy when it comes to their poo.

Turbocharged

yes because it is an assigned lot haha. typically, we will like to park in a regular place so that we dont have to search for the car. that is my habit. when i change place, sometimes i have to search the car park for my car. so taking a photo is also a good way.

After I collected my car last year, i avoided parking in reverse lots as scared neighbours' cars open doors will hit mine. I will purposely go park at parallel lots. Some more got one parallel lot is favourite. It is the first lot in a row, and behind it got about 10 m or so got no lot markings one... I purposely park with rear tyres on the line of the lot, so that the front of my car got about 2 m from the front car = easy to go out next time round.

• Praise 2

Multi storey car park near my flat is 8 storeys tall, I always park on the 5th or 6th which is always empty.

No worries about doors slamming .

Do you have a neighbor or neighbor cars when you park your car as in the same cars parking side by side with yours when you park your car in your regular places like your home carpark or your workplace carpark?

What's the reason you like to park beside this particular car/cars?

E.g. Won't slam doors on mine, real neighbors, park together against community car theft/crimes, like the car.

Twincharged

Same la haaaaa

I’ll park farrrrr away

attachicon.gifthumb.JPG

regarding my reply on the DR's car; you can see your car's rear wheel is touching the blocks of the lot ... but the only the shadow of the DR's rear bumper will "touch" the blocks .... very inconsiderate as ppl will have to make a slight curve when approaching his parked car.

everyday I hope will have those rubbish trucks or big trucks will whack his front !

Same la haaaaa

I’ll park farrrrr away

attachicon.gifthumb.JPG

I remember u used to park in Single Lot beside 2 tombs  pillars  :D

• Praise 4

Same la haaaaa

Iâll park farrrrr away

thumb.JPG