Malaysia may drop High Speed Rail project with Singapore

Wt_know

(edited)

Wonder if our side will absorb more of the construction cost to make the hsr a reality?

Will nvr know what Dr M can be up to...

Unlikely.

The HSR was all along a Malaysian project since 1990s. It was tabled twice and was shelved both times. It wasn't until Najib took over, it was revived for a third time and agreement signed. Technically, this is a project M'sia envisioned to benefit herself, Singapore plays a very small role in it.

Edited by Ravinged
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

(edited)

wah ... if msia compensate 500 millions

just raise RC to 100 a pop to increase revenue by 5x ... chop chop can recover 500 millions?

assuming ... rm100 x 20k cars x 240 days (2/3 of 365 days for conservative calculation)

that’s 480 millions liao

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

HSR:

Home to HSR station: 30mins

Travel Time: 90mins

KL HSR station to KL sentral: 30mins (assume)

Total time: 2.5hrs

Cost: i assume $150...

U forgot to add Sgp side HSR breakdown time of at least 2-3 hrs..

MRT already chao chao 1 hr lei..

Actually government already have plan to remove many golf course in singapore. As it takes up large amount of land. Then the hsr project come just nice can remove that plot of land to build hsr.

Since Tun M said hsr will be scrapped, it actually does not hurt much due to before that already have plan to remove the golf course. So it is actually remove much eariler only. So eariler remove, eariler can go back to the drawing board to replan on what to do with that land with hsr being scrapped lor.

There could be interesting thing like theme park in jurong east, or dog friendly swimming pool and etc.

No need think so much..

Build condo liao la...

Easy money for goberment..

• Praise 5

yeah ... taiwan hsr is so much cheaper [thumbsup] compare to japan and prc hsr ...

It cost about S$66 for Economy Seat and S$98 for my Business Class Seat from Kaohsiung to Taipei. Taiwan's high-speed rail is considered one of the world's most efficient and affordable HSR network.

Between Singapore and Malaysia, how much cheaper can it be? Unlikely, the price will be way higher than Taiwan's prices.

attachicon.gifDSC_1314~2.JPG

HSR:

Waiting time: 30mins (including time to clear immigration)

Total time: 3 hrs.

Time saved: 45mins

Cost saved: $70

• Praise 4

Supersonic

U forgot to add Sgp side HSR breakdown time of at least 2-3 hrs..

MRT already chao chao 1 hr lei..

No need think so much..

Build condo liao la...

Easy money for goberment..

wahaha if add in breakdown time then hosey liao... drive up better
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Not 350km/h but perhaps faster than the current trains. In China, some routes don't get top speed, but nevertheless run faster trains using existing tracks.

this is the max the Hainan maglev will go.

• Praise 1

Taiwan's max speed is 280km/hr - although publicized as 300k/hr. I sat a few times, never once saw it exceed 280km/hr.

Twincharged

Only 235 nia ?

i think they started at 300+ ... but got accidents .... so they slowly adjust it downwards.

• Praise 1

Let's say i want to go to KL for Hokkien Mee TOMORROW.

The cheapest returned ticket i found on skyscanner is SGD 221. Airasia + Jetstar.

Time needed:

Home to airport: 30mins

Waiting time: 1.5 hrs

Flight time: 45mins

KLIA to KL sentral: 1hr

Total time: 3hrs 45mins

What's HSR selling point?

This is ideal timing, air flight is less predictable than land transport. Run way, taxi way, immigration, etc can add at least 1 to 2 hrs to the above timing.
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Just a recap..

who signed the agreement on behalf of Sgp???

Next time , FFS just ask him to sign Leave forms instead..

Really jinxed to the max ...

post-52390-0-56145500-1527520356_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Freeder
  • Praise 4

Twincharged

Taiwan's max speed is 280km/hr - although publicized as 300k/hr. I sat a few times, never once saw it exceed 280km/hr.

speedometer needle stuck, give a few knocks should be OK

• Praise 1

Supercharged

HSR:

This is my experience flying from SG – KL  - SG whenever I go to Genting

Return Air ticket via Silk Air - $156.90

25 mins bus ride from home to T3 by Public Bus (Service No 110 or 858 from SengKang/TPE Bus Stop). Alight at T3 and take a 10 – 15 mins walk to T2) = 35 minutes

Check in 1 hour before departure time

Flight time – slightly over 1 hour (including airport train ride to KLIA Arrival Hall and Immigration clearance)

KLIA to KL Sentral via KLIA Express Train (Non-stop) – 25 mins

(Total Time: 3 hour from SG to KL).

For people like me staying in the East, I would prefer to fly than to take HSR at JE. 

• Praise 2

(edited)

This is my experience flying from SG â KL - SG whenever I go to Genting

Return Air ticket via Silk Air - $156.90

25 mins bus ride from home to T3 by Public Bus (Service No 110 or 858 from SengKang/TPE Bus Stop). Alight at T3 and take a 10 â 15 mins walk to T2) = 35 minutes

Check in 1 hour before departure time

Flight time â slightly over 1 hour (including airport train ride to KLIA Arrival Hall and Immigration clearance)

KLIA to KL Sentral via KLIA Express Train (Non-stop) â 25 mins

(Total Time: 3 hour from SG to KL).

For people like me staying in the East, I would prefer to fly than to take HSR at JE.

But jurong alone has 1m population with many malaysian working there. So target market diff. For easterner, changi better

Let's say i want to go to KL for Hokkien Mee TOMORROW.

The cheapest returned ticket i found on skyscanner is SGD 221. Airasia + Jetstar.

Time needed:

Home to airport: 30mins

Waiting time: 1.5 hrs

Flight time: 45mins

KLIA to KL sentral: 1hr

Total time: 3hrs 45mins

What's HSR selling point?

U nvr get delayed in flight before?

Thats HSR selling point lol

It cost about S$66 for Economy Seat and S$98 for my Business Class Seat from Kaohsiung to Taipei. Taiwan's high-speed rail is considered one of the world's most efficient and affordable HSR network.

Between Singapore and Malaysia, how much cheaper can it be? Unlikely, the price will be way higher than Taiwan's prices.

DSC_1314~2.JPG

Need to consider higher airport tax in changi also havent include baggage check in which cost $40 for return flight. Budget airline also got peak and off peak price, last min book price more ex than SQ

Also space and safety wise should be taken into consideration.

ticket below $100 ? but then again , doesnt that kill off the airline biz ? :D

It will reduce traffic congestion at changi

Waiting time: 30mins (including time to clear immigration)

Total time: 3 hrs.

Time saved: 45mins

Cost saved: $70

Baggage claim will take long time to reach Edited by Thaiyotakamli
  • Praise 3

If a 92yr old man can be so clear minded to call a spade a spade... If Malaysia don't benefit from this HSR, does it mean Singapore is was reaping all the benefits?

Malaysia's Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad said on Monday (May 28) that Malaysia is pulling out of the HSR deal with Singapore. He had labelled it an "unnecessary project" which would cost "RM110 billion (S$37 billion) and will not earn us a single cent".

If a 92yr old man can be so clear minded to call a spade a spade... If Malaysia don't benefit from this HSR, does it mean Singapore is was reaping all the benefits?

So HSR in japan, taiwan, korea and china all doesnt reap any benefits and earn everyone single cent.

Its just an excuse by him to get rid all Najib's plan

Jurong Lake District ... no $2000psf no talk

no HSR ... how to flip? [bigcry]

see lao ma scrap ECRL or not

if not ... more or less âtekanâ tiny red dot to drop the project nia just like Rm20 RC - no for Brunei and Thailand

Use the land for disneyland, kill legoland, jurong east will still huat

Twincharged

So HSR in japan, taiwan, korea and china all doesnt reap any benefits and earn everyone single cent.

Its just an excuse by him to get rid all Najib's plan

Use the land for disneyland, kill legoland, jurong east will still huat

In Singapore they make a profit, otherwise how to give dividend to shareholders.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3