Paging @dach.....

Why never do a poll for HSR lei?

U r so called MCF Polling agent ..

Pls do the needful..

Edited by Freeder
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)

take RM110 billions loan to generate RM21 billions GDP?

the interest of RM110 billions will sink msia deeper in the debt hole already

and the chances of exceeding RM110 billions is very very high

looking at land acquisition cost, material cost, development cost, labour cost, exchange currency, etc till 2026

Edited by Wt_know

Supersonic

Anyway, our CPF is getting further and further away from us.

Me reaching half century mark in a few yrs time, and by right should not be too long to reach 55. Now can't even smell it.

even worse for my age group people... haha...

(edited)

in a MNC ... when a new CEO is hired to transform the company which is in serious debt .... the first thing the CEO do is

1. downsize current workforce

2. cut salary / freeze increment

3. sell non performing sub-business to get cash and close non performing business unit

4. halt projects - especially project that is nice to have and not essential to meet immediate need or impact

5. reduce operating cost / debt especially interest payment

6. increase revenue --> yet to be seen

what's TDM do is exactly the same ... it's not rocket science ... what's wrong?

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 4

Twincharged
(edited)

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/jurong-country-club-closes-for-good-on-saturday-7629602

Already closed and payout all settled.

Land bought back just before land price started to run up.

From Govt standpoint, buying back, they had nothing to lose even though the chance of HSR cancellation must have been factored in somewhere.

Actually,i mean,if the Clubhouse & the Golf Course is not demolished[everything still in place],Gov't can lease back to Jurong Country Club...until further notice.

Edited by ER-3682

(edited)

oh yeah? I thought he did the 10% minister pay cut and HSR abortion all by himself [laugh]

flashback article ......Mr. Mahathir was often branded a dictator during the 22 years he spent as Malaysia's prime minister, ruthlessly repressing his political opponents. During Mr. Mahathir's era in power, Malaysia leapt ahead economically, but was considered the most repressive Southeast Asian country outside of Communist Vietnam and military-ruled Myanmar.

Mr. Mahathir apologizes for none of these. But at age 92, he's nonetheless reinvented himself as a democracy-minded opposition leader. Now, it's Mr. Mahathir who complains about the authoritarianism of those in power. His primary target is his long-time proté©, Prime Minister Najib Razak.

Dont you know i am a great politician, myself

And sometimes, to dictate is the only way.

Do you think that Singapore could have come this far without that blend of leadership ?

Where got apologize one?

Muayhahahhahahahhahaha

Edited by Throttle2

Hypersonic

Looking at our northern recently enlightened neighbour, only when the former government was pulled down then they realised how much deeper in dept they are in because their 1MDB account is not open to public and people at the top have the power to manipulate and twist the law in their favour.

Now, look at our own Temasek.... Are they fully accountable to us Singaporean? Ong Teng Cheong had wanted them to be accountable.. Look at his political fate... Look at how his life achievement was muted towards the end. The one currently holding the key to reserves was unshamingly selected against all odds. Is there something to hide?

Other countries raise GST because they are in debt ... We raise our GST while having billions in reserve and we are funding mega projects that does not seem to make financial sense. Something fishy there.

I don't wish that one day, we wake up to realise that our billions in reserve is all a fancy cover up.

Yup. Temasek and gic just been buying assets few billion a pop on ponzi money.

in a MNC ... when a new CEO is hired to transform the company which is in serious debt .... the first thing the CEO do is

1. downsize current workforce

2. cut salary / freeze increment

3. sell non performing sub-business to get cash and close non performing business unit

4. halt projects - especially project that is nice to have and not essential to meet immediate need or impact

5. reduce operating cost / debt especially interest payment

6. increase revenue --> yet to be seen

what's TDM do is exactly the same ... it's not rocket science ... what's wrong?

The 1st thing he did was cut revenue.

(edited)

muahahahaha .... that's to WIN ... no cut no win ...

must WIN first then got talk to become CEO ... lol

here is to increase REVENUE ... the more the better

the more increase the more WIN

The 1st thing he did was cut revenue.

Edited by Wt_know

Supersonic

Yup. Temasek and gic just been buying assets few billion a pop on ponzi money.

Not difficult when you can "borrow" money without accountability.

You decide how much people have to lend to you, how long they lend it to you and you can extend anytime you want without consent of the lender. Oh yes, don't forget you also get to decide then interest rate at which they have to lend it to you at.

• Praise 1

muahahahaha .... that's to WIN ... no cut no win ...

must WIN first then got talk to become CEO ... lol

here is to increase REVENUE ... the more the better

the more increase the more WIN

Think cut GST was his winning pitch.

Supersonic

Looking at our northern recently enlightened neighbour, only when the former government was pulled down then they realised how much deeper in dept they are in because their 1MDB account is not open to public and people at the top have the power to manipulate and twist the law in their favour.

Now, look at our own Temasek.... Are they fully accountable to us Singaporean? Ong Teng Cheong had wanted them to be accountable.. Look at his political fate... Look at how his life achievement was muted towards the end. The one currently holding the key to reserves was unshamingly selected against all odds. Is there something to hide?

Other countries raise GST because they are in debt ... We raise our GST while having billions in reserve and we are funding mega projects that does not seem to make financial sense. Something fishy there.

I don't wish that one day, we wake up to realise that our billions in reserve is all a fancy cover up.

I always wonder why so few questions were asked about the temasick failed CEO transfer.

Someone saw something they didn't like?

Hypersonic

Not difficult when you can "borrow" money without accountability.

You decide how much people have to lend to you, how long they lend it to you and you can extend anytime you want without consent of the lender. Oh yes, don't forget you also get to decide then interest rate at which they have to lend it to you at.

Cpf money can only be used by gic. Not temasek.

To some extent its cheap money but given that other than your SA and medisave, you can use most of your OA for all purposes. There is also real cost of getting the money for cpf cos the coupon rate of these securities has to pay cpf interest rates for cpf to be solvent.

Supersonic

I always wonder why so few questions were asked about the temasick failed CEO transfer.

Someone saw something they didn't like?

It's a conflict of interest and yet no more questions asked.

even worse for my age group people... haha...

And probably going to be worse for the future generations if they don't do something about increasing medical bills.

How's that even sustainable?

Paging @dach.....

Why never do a poll for HSR lei?

U r so called MCF Polling agent ..

Pls do the needful..

Need to ask the mods for permission since there is already a discussion here.

@RadX

Technically, cut revenue for gahmen, increase revenue + reduce costs for businesses. In a company context, this is cutting the admin budget for cost centers, reallocating the money for growth.

Cutting GST is like providing a 6% discount for all purchases.

Increases transaction volume and absolute value.

So increases corporate profits apso increases the corporate tax bucket.

You seem to want the HSR to go through whatever the cost..... Just an observation. :D

I myself dodged a bullet there at lakeside condo launch last year where the HSR was almost the main selling point for Jurong District growth story.

I have always been sceptical about hsr, was actually just intending to buy into the jurong growth story but the HSR story pushed the psf to mind bogging $1700psf. I backed out when I saw the crazy frenzies at the balloting tentage....

Good luck to those people. :D

After taking HSR in japan, korea, taiwan and china, i am in love with HSR. Somemore its few mins drive from my place, definitely a grewlat addition for those staying in the west hehe

But lucky i bought before hsr news came. Those new launches mention HSR sure GG

(edited)

well said collect 6% GST for what if businesses is slowly DEAD and people is SUFFERING and eventually confronting

Technically, cut revenue for gahmen, increase revenue + reduce costs for businesses. In a company context, this is cutting the admin budget for cost centers, reallocating the money for growth.

must also make sure corporate pay TAXES and not lari with plenty of loopholes in the tax system

wah ... like that can flip and make millions liao [thumbsup]

i also like HSR because it provides seamless connectivity from city to city

But lucky i bought before hsr news came. Those new launches mention HSR sure GG

Edited by Wt_know

Twincharged
(edited)

Already self implemented at some malls with 6 to 7 % reduction on purchase . But the volume still so so only in Malaysia Edited by Sdf4786k
↡ Advertisement