Is it all right to test drive cars if you are not buying?

Philipkee

Even if one really wants to test-drive a ride without any intention to make or even consider a purchase (aka joy ride), I think there's still an alternative. Ask the SE if the queue is long. If it is, then test-drive the car on another day when there are less visitors. That way, you don't disrupt the shopping experience of others who could really be looking for a purchase.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Used to be able to test over a much longer route, now very short.

Agreed not much point.

Somemore some people want to test all the safety features like emergency stop, lane change, and dunno what. Sorry unfamiliar with the terms.

One time my colleagues ask me stand in front of car try the what e brake feature, I dun wan then we ask agent to stand in front she also dun wan. All dun want, damn funny. Why the hell we wanna use a person to test safety features in the first place.

They tried dunno what safety features during test drives all did not activate. Then come the confusion whether they are enabled in the first place the agent also blur blur.

Test drive now so different from older days.

Wonder what you guys test for.

I only look out for stuff like body roll and stability of car, how is the gear changes, how the car accelerate and stop, throttle lag, blind spots. Basic stuff.

Your colleague is an idiot. Why don't he stand in front of the car and let the sales drive? Just to test the ebrake function works or not

But back to topic, I also went for test drives 2 months back. Tested opel, Skoda, VW and infiniti.

I am considering to change car within this year or next, even did quite a lot of research online. So since there a few new models, I went to check out the cars.

My experience : the sales guys are quite automatic to offer test drives. Maybe because I showed interest in the car. Even at infiniti, I told the sales that I am still considering, he also offered test drive.

In the end, I did not buy anything. So waiting for the right one to come along.

Edited by Lotr

(edited)

that's interesting. I didn't know got such an option in SG.

my rule as well. Hence never stepped into the premium brands showroom once before.

Only visited the less premium conti brands before.

Here u are, quoted rental doesn’t include petrol, they give you the car in full tank and you can return it half full, they will top it up and charge it to your credit card.

I saw this being advertised at the Singapore motor show earlier this year at the Audi booth. Enjoy!

I booked the Audi TT for this weekend , runs on a 1.8TFSI with 250 Nm of torque, I am not too sure if it is the dry clutch though

Edited by No_worries
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

follow yandao towkay @sunny method

test drive the se not the car

make sure chio or hansum depending on your preference

• Praise 8

Hypersonic

I I don't mind good looking young ladies sleeping with me.

No need to marry me afterwards.  [thumbsup]

:D

Supersonic

Agreed not much point.

Somemore some people want to test all the safety features like emergency stop, lane change, and dunno what. Sorry unfamiliar with the terms.

One time my colleagues ask me stand in front of car try the what e brake feature, I dun wan then we ask agent to stand in front she also dun wan. All dun want, damn funny. Why the hell we wanna use a person to test safety features in the first place.

They tried dunno what safety features during test drives all did not activate. Then come the confusion whether they are enabled in the first place the agent also blur blur.

I only look out for stuff like body roll and stability of car, how is the gear changes, how the car accelerate and stop, throttle lag, blind spots. Basic stuff.

I'm surprised you managed to sign up for a forum account.....

• Praise 1

I'm surprised you managed to sign up for a forum account.....

I am surprised you take it so seriously.

If mod think I am an complete idiot in the forum, by all means terminate my account.

Seriously wth.

Agreed not much point.

Actually I think it's kind of dumb to ask a human to stand in front of a car to test the safety feature though sometimes I wonder why the SE does not dare to stand there if he/she is very confident it will work..... For me I am very direct and say murphys law can happen so I am confident but not THAT confident. That's y I am not an SE.

How I test car? In car show room. I sit inside the display car, check pedals within reach, blind spot, rear mirror location, are buttons within reach, gear easy to change... all in the showroom. I rarely actually drive the car for testing.

Right now I just visit showrooms when I am free & take their free coffee and just molest the cars.....

• Praise 1

it's almost like asking if it's ok to sleep with a girl if you have no intention of marrying her

This one where to test???

Actually I think it's kind of dumb to ask a human to stand in front of a car to test the safety feature though sometimes I wonder why the SE does not dare to stand there if he/she is very confident it will work..... For me I am very direct and say murphys law can happen so I am confident but not THAT confident. That's y I am not an SE.

How I test car? In car show room. I sit inside the display car, check pedals within reach, blind spot, rear mirror location, are buttons within reach, gear easy to change... all in the showroom. I rarely actually drive the car for testing.

Right now I just visit showrooms when I am free & take their free coffee and just molest the cars.....

You think we were serious about it?

Nobody will do it lah, life and limbs at stake. What if the system simply does not work in a certain situation or suay suay malfunction. Its simply stupid to have an accident during test drive.

That's why I advocate drive like you have none of these features, like that then can hone your own skills and instinct over the years.

But I was wondering do other countries actually demonstrate the safety features in a circuit by trained professions with the buyer or potential buyer sitting in the car.

Supersonic

You think we were serious about it?

Nobody will do it lah, life and limbs at stake. What if the system simply does not work in a certain situation or suay suay malfunction. Its simply stupid to have an accident during test drive.

That's why I advocate drive like you have none of these features, like that then can hone your own skills and instinct over the years.

But I was wondering do other countries actually demonstrate the safety features in a circuit by trained professions with the buyer or potential buyer sitting in the car.

Haha.

I thought it's real.

• Praise 1

Haha.

I thought it's real.

ð ð ð

Walao... no ler... just jokingly taunting each other.

By the way, my colleagues eventually bought 2 units from this agent.

They should be collecting their cars today.

Walao... no ler... just jokingly taunting each other.

By the way, my colleagues eventually bought 2 units from this agent.

They should be collecting their cars today.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/quoteinvestigator.com/2010/05/04/universe-einstein/amp/

Two things in the world are infinite. The universe and human stupidity and I am not sure about the universe.

Yeah you may be joking but if the SE was desperate for a sale? Perhaps it seems like commonsense but sometimes, common sense is not common.

Peace.

Supersonic

https://www.google.com/amp/s/quoteinvestigator.com/2010/05/04/universe-einstein/amp/

Two things in the world are infinite. The universe and human stupidity and I am not sure about the universe.

Yeah you may be joking but if the SE was desperate for a sale? Perhaps it seems like commonsense but sometimes, common sense is not common.

Peace.

I am sure they were joking and pulling the leg of the salesman. Even if the salesman were to stand in front, i dont believe any of them would do the test.

Peace.

Right there you got a point.

I can't say for the agent but I dun think my colleagues stupid enough, its too dangerous.

Peace peace I just back watching Deadpool 2 but I thought 1 was better.

I I don't mind good looking young ladies sleeping with me.

No need to marry me afterwards. [thumbsup]

:D

Yes the lady dont need to be responsible, u are used to it anyway
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1