Police Officer pleaded guilty of being a senior member of secret society

Ysc3

(edited)

Name me 1 really good HK movie nowadays...

树大招风 was one I very much enjoyed.

Johnnie To movies are always good imho.

Edited by Ake109
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Police officer shout out gang slogan at a wedding....can't get any better dan that. [laugh]

Kinda amateurish to be doing that in public. Nowadays gang leader IQ so low wan.

Edited by Watwheels

(edited)

cannot beat this 跛豪 .... classic [thumbsup]

was in genting, saw this movie to kill time....

chasingthedragon2.jpg

post-7984-0-16188600-1528038829.jpeg

post-7984-0-72574400-1528038884_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

This guy would have a more stable career and work-life with the police force.

I don't know what he is thinking.

Maybe suffering from split-personality.  Day-Time Dr jekyll and night-time becomes Mrs Hyde.

Turbocharged
(edited)

It takes a long time for an NCO to climb to the position of Senior Staff Sergeant.

This guy has probably served in the police force for quite a number of years to have climbed to this position.

And his unlawful status has remained undiscovered for a long, long time.

The superior who had him promoted up the career ladder had not been doing a good job. 

No proper background check, before and during his police career?

Edited by Albeniz
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

It takes a long time for an NCO to climb to the position of Senior Staff Sergeant.

This guy has probably served in the police force for quite a number of years to have climbed to this position.

And his unlawful status has remained undiscovered for a long, long time.

The superior who had him promoted up the career ladder had not been doing a good job. 

No proper background check, before and during his police career?

a chameleon...

I suppose if he can lead a double life as a police & gang member, undetected for a long time ...... then he can do well as a actor, conman. :mellow:

• Praise 2

Presumably the force need to relook into all the cases he handled, or at least the material ones? The possibility of miscarriage of justice is high here.

tbh. 

im not surprised.

i encountered before some police officers that act like gangster before.

esp those lower level climb up one.

not sure how senior a staff sgt in police is, but i would suspect not very.

a man who knows quite a lot of both sides of the law ... :omg:

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/police-officer-admits-member-two-secret-societies-090400425.html

A police officer pleaded guilty on Thursday (31 May) to being a senior member of the Sio Gi Ho secret society as well as the founder and headman of a biker gang.

Umar Hassan, 38, pleaded guilty at the State Courts to two charges of being a member of an unlawful society. Two other similar charges were taken into consideration.

Double life

Deputy Public Prosecutor (DPP) Charleston Teo told the court that Umar was a Senior Staff Sergeant at the Ang Mo Kio Police Division at the time he was arrested on 18 November 2016. His role consisted mainly of desk jobs and patrolling duties.

Umar was recruited into the Sio Gi Ho Secret Society (SGHSS) as a senior gang member in 2007, eight years after he joined the police force. The gang operated near Tekka Market in Little India.

He remained in SGHSS until the time of his arrest. Teo said that Umar was also a “fighter” with the gang from 1996 to 1999. Umar joined the police force in May 1999.

Separately, Umar had founded a motorcycle group called Team Nitra Racing (TNR) with three others in 2001. New members who joined over the years were told by Umar to avoid fights and illegal races.

However, in 2008 Umar approached the assistant headman of SGHSS with a proposal to affiliate TNR with the gang.

In return for protection, TNR would provide SGHSS with manpower should the latter group need it. The assistant headman agreed and appointed Umar as the headman of TNR.

Umar’s involvement with the gang surfaced after police officers from the police force’s Secret Societies Branch received a video that showed a group of men shouting gang slogans – such as “Yo ah yo, Sio Gi Ho!” – during a Malay wedding held at Woodlands Street 41.

tbh.

im not surprised.

i encountered before some police officers that act like gangster before.

esp those lower level climb up one.

not sure how senior a staff sgt in police is, but i would suspect not very.

Those from the Secret society branch? - I remembered in secondary school there was a police officer who came to talk to us about ss- super gangster looking, complete with curly perm hair and Marlboro red and tattoo.

Those from the Secret society branch? - I remembered in secondary school there was a police officer who came to talk to us about ss- super gangster looking, complete with curly perm hair and Marlboro red and tattoo.

i duno.

just had a bad experience before many years back.

hopefully such black sheeps have been eliminated from the SPF

Hehe, gang sure want this number. Aaaarg, but they may not pay him!

Seekali is he pay them [crazy]
↡ Advertisement