Fibre broadband

Discoburg

I am also affected....

Discovery group of channels, HGTV, Food Network etc are the main reason why I have not terminated by cable TV yet after so many years with SH. If they are gone, it's an easy decision to cut the subscription.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/starhub-may-stop-airing-discovery-network-channels-from-july-10397834

Can't find thread on SH terminating Discovery and other channels...

Anyone here affected?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

I am also affected....

Discovery group of channels, HGTV, Food Network etc are the main reason why I have not terminated by cable TV yet after so many years with SH. If they are gone, it's an easy decision to cut the subscription.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/starhub-may-stop-airing-discovery-network-channels-from-july-10397834

Ai yo .......... one of my fav one . 

• Praise 5

I am also affected....

I used to keep SH to watch Eurosports.

I cut it long long time ago.

Now only need to pay GBP30 for 1 yr subscription

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

I used to keep SH to watch Eurosports.

I cut it long long time ago.

Now only need to pay GBP30 for 1 yr subscription

what vpn u use ar?

I am also affected....

Lol when i go over to my parent's place it's the main reason i want to watch the TV (when i can switch channel from them watching kdrama  [:p]  [laugh] )

I am also affected....

Thanks for the headsup. My Starhub HomeHub subscription almost due for renewal. Looks like no reason to continue now. May as well go IPTV using fast fibre speeds.

Twincharged

Yup

think I have to reconsider staying on the 1gbps plan liow .... these few days testing the speednet test ... d/l only less than 300mbps !! but upload is 900+mbps.

also downgrading my mobile plan when time to recon also ... will save a lot ...

• Praise 1

any technical people can advice on cable trunking issue?

currently i have a trunking laying cable to my room, if i change to fiber they need to lay data cable, can i use back the same trunking? meaning take out the old cable and put in the new data cable?

any technical people can advice on cable trunking issue?

currently i have a trunking laying cable to my room, if i change to fiber they need to lay data cable, can i use back the same trunking? meaning take out the old cable and put in the new data cable?

What's your current setup?

What's your current setup?

fiber for broadband and cable for tv in living and bedroom, they want to upgrade my plan to fiber but need to lay another trunking to the room. That is the deal breaker cos i dun want another trunking unless they can use back the same tv cable.

I checked with starhub technician but they cannot promise cos it is up to the contractor who install the cable.

fiber for broadband and cable for tv in living and bedroom, they want to upgrade my plan to fiber but need to lay another trunking to the room. That is the deal breaker cos i dun want another trunking unless they can use back the same tv cable.

I checked with starhub technician but they cannot promise cos it is up to the contractor who install the cable.

From fibre point, it is connected to Fibre modem.

From Fibre modem, it is connected out via ethernet cable.

(edited)

I faced the same irks as you previously but have since upgraded to fibre with 2 wifi mesh, i.e. apart from termination point to modem, the rest is wireless. Speed is more than enough.

Edit: Oh yours also got TV that I am not sure. Mine is pure internet. Depending on area and obstacle may need to add more meshes.

Edited by Phluvcat
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

You can use back the same trunking if it has ENOUGH space to squeeze in all the cables.

Fibre is very small, thin, so that's usually not the problem.

Coax and ethernet cable takes up much more space.

You can use back the same trunking if it has ENOUGH space to squeeze in all the cables.

Fibre is very small, thin, so that's usually not the problem.

Coax and ethernet cable takes up much more space.

The fiber line will be connected to the modem in the living room, they will lay the ethernet cable to the room, the current trunking only have the starhub antenna cable which will be redundant and pull out after i switch to fiber.

Some how their sales and their technical people cannot advice if that can be done. 

↡ Advertisement