• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
12 replies to this topic | 66 praises

Posted 08 June 2018 - 05:04 PM

song77
  • song77
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

What is the maximum legal limit of white lights approved by LTA? Any brands to recommend?

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 08 June 2018 - 06:39 PM

StreamRSZ
  • Premium member
    StreamRSZ
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

what car you driving?

Posted 10 June 2018 - 12:48 AM

Ake109
  • Premium member
    Ake109
    6th Gear
    Author Image

What is the maximum legal limit of white lights approved by LTA? Any brands to recommend?

Are you asking about colour temperature?

If you are asking about switching from halogen to HID or LED its not allowed by LTA regardless of colour.

If its about temperature, its not clearly defined but white is fine as long as it doesnt look bluish or purplish once you get past 8000k.

7000-8000k should be very safe as a rule of thumb.

Edited by Ake109, 10 June 2018 - 12:49 AM.

Discoburg and Doppel praised this

Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:55 PM

song77
  • song77
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Are you asking about colour temperature?

If you are asking about switching from halogen to HID or LED its not allowed by LTA regardless of colour.

If its about temperature, its not clearly defined but white is fine as long as it doesnt look bluish or purplish once you get past 8000k.

7000-8000k should be very safe as a rule of thumb.

Thank you very much for highlighting this. I did some readings and what you said was true!

I saw a carousell posting about installing white LED head lights and PMed to ask about legality. I was told it is perfectly legal. [mad] Want business then anyhow say.  [furious] 

Posted 15 June 2018 - 02:26 PM

Zxcvb
  • Zxcvb
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

I wonder if LTA will come check if a vehicle with original LED headlights were to change to halogen.

Posted 15 June 2018 - 02:53 PM

Ake109
  • Premium member
    Ake109
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I wonder if LTA will come check if a vehicle with original LED headlights were to change to halogen.

I wonder who would be crazy enough to do this lor. Need some serious wiring also. Besides the harnessing, I doubt the stock LED wattage is anywhere near 55w which halogen requires.

Zxcvb praised this

Posted 29 June 2018 - 08:03 AM

V-280
  • V-280
    1st Gear
    Author Image

I wonder who would be crazy enough to do this lor. Need some serious wiring also. Besides the harnessing, I doubt the stock LED wattage is anywhere near 55w which halogen requires.

A bit side track is that does anyone feel surprised that car headlight is just 55W? I mean, my reading light is already 40W and is a CFL which should be even brighter at the same wattage. The reflector design must be damn zai.

Posted 26 July 2018 - 09:02 PM

Tiger1
  • Premium member
    Tiger1
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Pls pls.. If you want to change, do a proper job with the right light alignment. I really hate some Chao beng cars with super bright white light that blind everyone infront.

Light is for safety and if the after mkt light blinds other, it becomes a real safety hazard!
Wormee, RH1667 and DACH praised this

Posted 28 July 2018 - 06:24 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

who is the mother f**king prick who gave me -5 for my bright white installation

for your f**king info my light is LTA APPROVED

f**kER ARSEHOLE

Is ur arsehole LTA approved?

Edited by Thaiyotakamli, 28 July 2018 - 06:53 PM.

Eyke and 2 Anonymous members praised this
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 28 July 2018 - 10:59 PM

Doppel
  • Premium member
    Doppel
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

who is the mother f**king prick who gave me -5 for my bright white installation

for your f**king info my light is LTA APPROVED

f**kER ARSEHOLE

No need to send me private message.

I have the guts to dislike your post, not hide behind the keyboard.

I post your private message to me for all to see.

Attached Thumbnails

• 368A6634-0AFC-4C72-8797-B27A46EF95D0.png

RadX, Thaiyotakamli and WangWang888 praised this

Posted 28 July 2018 - 11:21 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

No need to send me private message.

I have the guts to dislike your post, not hide behind the keyboard.

I post your private message to me for all to see.

Fun weekend lol

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot_20180728-185821_Chrome.jpg

Doppel praised this
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 29 July 2018 - 08:26 AM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

White color halogen is useless especially on rainy day.

Unless you are able to use 55w halogen bulb which is glaring to other road users.

Posted 07 January 2019 - 04:52 PM

Bella-love
  • Bella-love
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Color temperature, which is a physical quantity used to define the color of a light source in illumination optics, refers to the color change of the human eye when the light wave is at different energies, and refers to the color of the light. This is directly visible from the parameter box.
The more blue the light color, the higher the color temperature; the lower the color temperature, the lower the color temperature.
3000K yellow light, strong penetrating power;
4300K white with yellow, brightness penetration equalization;
5000K light is white, is the highest color temperature of the European regulations;
6000K light is white, pure white light;
7000K white is obviously blue;
More than 8000K blue light.
Therefore, it is more suitable to select LED headlights with a color temperature between 4300K and 6000K, so that both brightness and penetrating power are considered. It can meet the needs of night driving lighting, and there is no need to worry about the penetrating power of rain and fog.

Back to Accessories  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Singtech Super White Xenon Bulb H7

Singtech Super White Xenon Bulb H7  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by DrudrivesDaewoo  |  Neutral Newbie

HID bulbs that satisfies.

Bought these to replace some previous HID bulbs that burned out. I looked at some other listings, but needed one that had the bulbs and the wires to connect to the ballast so I wouldn't have to figure out some mad scientist way of getting the... » Read More

Osram Night Breaker

Osram Night Breaker  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Thierry14  |  Neutral Newbie

Bright, white lamps.

These bright lamps are legal in Singapore (complies with LTA's guidelines), and they are amazing. No more dim lamps!

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : HID Xenon Light Bulb, Halogen Light Bulb

Quick Reply

Tags: white light fog light, led, legal and 5 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users