• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
12 replies to this topic | 18 praises

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:20 AM

Nisanalmera
  • Nisanalmera
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi,
I have an Nissan Almera 1.8 2004 MT
Tried out some Engine Restorer 
Car stalled 4 times when clutch was down (low RPM) with the check engine, and check oil light on, check oil light came on just before the car stalled.

Now the engine does not stall, and has no check engine or low oil light on, but has a rough idle (nearly stalls), im feeling so dumb i fought that this product would help with oil consumption, and now i could just end up with a dead engine?
Help is much appreciated
All the best
Patrick

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:07 AM

Philipkee
  • Philipkee
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi,
Car stalled 4 times when clutch was down (low RPM) with the check engine, and check oil light on, check oil light came on just before the car stalled.

Now the engine does not stall, and has no check engine or low oil light on, but has a rough idle (nearly stalls), im feeling so dumb i fought that this product would help with oil consumption, and now i could just end up with a dead engine?
Help is much appreciated
All the best
Patrick

Perhaps it's time to change your clutch? If not might be time to overhaul your engine as it's close to 14 yrs old.

I drive a manual bit never heard of something like this happening.

I only experience in my brother kia cerato (auto) that became very rough and start stalling when there was a cylinder crack and something happened on car computer programming.

Can't help much.

You might consider posting here if you think the problem has to do with manual transmission as posting in Japanese forum, I dunno cos most Japanese cars seem to be auto now.
http://www.mycarforu...oy-of-a-manual/

Hope it helps.

Edited by Philipkee, 13 June 2018 - 10:08 AM.

Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:47 AM

Slowpoke
  • Premium member
    Slowpoke
    4th Gear
    Author Image

let me apologise in advance if the following is going to sound harsh....

your car has a stalling issue and you think the solution to that problem comes in a bottle?  

please take it to a proper workshop and have a mechanic take a look, if engine problems are so easily fixed with a bottle of snake oil then 

all the workshops would have closed down due to lack of business.

t0y0ta, Yeobh and 1 Anonymous member praised this
-----------------------------------------------------------
I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol
-----------------------------------------------------------

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:49 PM

UncleAtas
  • Premium member
    UncleAtas
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Change car. Kia Stinger. Very good. Very fast. Gone in 4.9s.

Refer to signature guidelines

Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:27 AM

Nisanalmera
  • Nisanalmera
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

let me apologise in advance if the following is going to sound harsh....

your car has a stalling issue and you think the solution to that problem comes in a bottle?  

please take it to a proper workshop and have a mechanic take a look, if engine problems are so easily fixed with a bottle of snake oil then 

all the workshops would have closed down due to lack of business.

Sorry for misleading you, English is not my native language.
I had no problems with the car before Restorer 

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:14 AM

Philipkee
  • Philipkee
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Hi,

Help is much appreciated
All the best
Patrick

Hi. I saw your post. Anyway, my suggestion is go to a workshop.

https://www.ripoffre...internet-883794

Seems others faced same situation as you.

Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:22 AM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Try cleaning the Throttle Body...change the Air & Fuel Filter & Spark Plugs...This type of Car usually very minor Problem.

Mazda 6..2.5.

Posted 14 June 2018 - 09:18 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Just drain out the engine oil+engine restorer mixture and put in fresh engine oil to run the engine. See how it goes.

Too much to think about...

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:48 PM

Nisanalmera
  • Nisanalmera
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi. I saw your post. Anyway, my suggestion is go to a workshop.

https://www.ripoffre...internet-883794

Seems others faced same situation as you.

Hi,

Thanks for the link.
Hope the Restorer didn't ruin my engine, i had no check engine/oil light on. 
Currently the car is at my mechanic.
Hope its running like normal after the oil has been changed.
I think this is very strange, almost only read good reviews about this stuff, but could be a sensor that is now acting up.

Posted 15 June 2018 - 10:58 PM

Nisanalmera
  • Nisanalmera
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I went to my mechanic here today, and he changed the oil, oil filter, camshaft sensor, and the sparkplugs.
But the car still has this problem.
At least now i know that the Engine Restorer is no longer in the oil.
So if you have an QG18DE Engine STAY VERY FAR AWAY FROM ENGINE RESTORER. 
I will try to clean the PCV valve.

Posted 16 June 2018 - 12:59 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

In my view,i tried Engine Restorer & many types of Additives,i don't think it will cause Engines to run low idling,maybe it is your Throttle Body Dirty...Spray cleaner while Engine is running...it should do the job.

Mazda 6..2.5.

Posted 19 June 2018 - 09:55 PM

Nisanalmera
  • Nisanalmera
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Problem solved.
Cleaned the trottlebody  MAF sensor, and the VVT solenoid.
Also had the oil changed with new oil filter, new sparkplugs and cam sensor.
Thanks all!

All the best.

Philipkee praised this

Posted 19 June 2018 - 10:17 PM

Dadiao
  • Dadiao
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Problem solved.
Cleaned the trottlebody  MAF sensor, and the VVT solenoid.
Also had the oil changed with new oil filter, new sparkplugs and cam sensor.
Thanks all!

All the best.

Great, happy to hear that !

... and Thanks for sharing your experience !

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users