Chinese forged rim

Skymax

Anyone has any opinions or review on Chinese made forged rim? Free forming made to be exact. Rizo is the brand.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Anyone has any opinions or review on Chinese made forged rim? Free forming made to be exact. Rizo is the brand.

from their website they have Forged and flow forming wheel.

making good Quality product (wheel) doesn't need Rocket science , is the matter of cost. 

Chinas auto wheels are every where , even on some Original equipment on certain brand is already exist without your knowing like BMW / Mercedes / audi / Jaguar ( do ask your Tireshop to check for you your Original Wheel (factory fitted not after market ) the Origin and you will probably hear mostly Eastern Europe . 

China Chinese knows how to Manufacture Wheels and majority are facing common issue is their Country of Origin, in order for them to be competitive is to make their product as low cost as possible.

They can make good Quality product but when the cost is just slightly lower cost than country like Thailand/ Taiwan most wont buy ,

Now got to wait for their Price

Edited by Roberttan
  • Praise 4

Agree on this. China is perfectly capable of making a reliable rim. Million dollar question is how to be sure the one you are buying is properly built

After all, there are millions of Audi and BMWs running around in China which are built in China. Bet Audi and BMW does not import the rims from aboard. 

Agree on this. China is perfectly capable of making a reliable rim. Million dollar question is how to be sure the one you are buying is properly built

After all, there are millions of Audi and BMWs running around in China which are built in China. Bet Audi and BMW does not import the rims from aboard. 

many OEM parts are Made in China , but being OEM all OEM parts are gone through stringent test and test and Approved .

you are Safety because of the Car maker endorsed and Warranty by MNC (REsponsibilty).

• Dislike 1

(edited)

The questionable thing about China castings has always been the material used. Because they do not need to comply with any standards you do not know what material they mix into the casting. Your naked eye cannot see wan. Think about it. It's cheap for a reason.

Edited by Watwheels

Supercharged

The questionable thing about China castings has always been the material used. Because they do not need to comply with any standards you do not know what material they mix into the casting. Your naked eye cannot see wan. Think about it. It's cheap for a reason.

there are many casting companies in china. the problem is how ethical are they. it is not that china product is no good. it is just in their culture that they will do anything just to make money and take the risk. i have been working for a chinese companies so i roughly know how they work. but of cos there are good ones. Unlike developed countries, they usually take pride in their work and they thing they made. is the same concept why we prefer made in japan car and not thailand or elsewhere and why we want made in germany. these places tend to have pride in what they produce. in china it has yet to reach that level. china just need more time it is moving up the ladder.

Same thing in plastics, they use recycled resins (a small %) and also "fillers"  to give plastics the needed thickness and stinge on stabilisers and UV stabilisers; so dont be surprised nowadays all those plastic stuff will just start flaking, pitting or even cracking easily and yellowing , unlike those old Jap or European plastics which you see in the old classic cars which look as good as new still      

• Praise 2

Believe they can make good rim if the price is right. cheapo can be counterfeit or remanufacutured

I didn't know you worship the Chinese.

Unless the Chinese meet international standards ie ANSI and meet the tensile strength of the standard only than I will consider using their rims. I don't care how they take pride in their work coz that can be just a show. Or how ppl religiouosly believe in what process they are using. No standard no talk.

I guess Chinese forged is stronger and lighter than OEM cast?

any forged (real ) is 100% lighter than any OEM cast (most OEM cast wheels are Heavy in General)

is Forged wheel stronger ? I am not sure and if should be depends on the Quality of the Wheel.

any forged (real ) is 100% lighter than any OEM cast (most OEM cast wheels are Heavy in General)

is Forged wheel stronger ? I am not sure and if should be depends on the Quality of the Wheel.

Aiya, go Google what is "Forging".

What material are you talking about Aluminium Alloy or Steel? If Aluminium Alloy of course it will be lighter than steel. That goes w/o saying.

Stop the guessing or "believing". Try Googling and read about it.

Aiya, go Google what is "Forging".

What material are you talking about Aluminium Alloy or Steel? If Aluminium Alloy of course it will be lighter than steel. That goes w/o saying.

Stop the guessing or "believing". Try Googling and read about

could me my mistake here Sorry

i thought we are discussing about our vehicle wheel ? most car are equipped with Alloy wheels here except for Private Commercial vehicle still using Press Steel rim (except for some of the Public transport ) .

thanks for sharing