S’porean locked up in inhumane conditions in KL

Ysc3

Twincharged

go to the link for the pics ... personally I find the man's reaction totally unbelievable ... I don't believe in angels.

S’porean locked up in inhumane conditions in KL after flying in with less than 6 months passport validity

Summary:

• The Singaporean man flew into KL with his friends for a gaming competition on June 8 and were expected to come back to Singapore on June 11.

• However, he did not renew his passport which had about five months of validity left before it expired.

• He was denied entry upon arriving at KLIA (KL International Airport ) on the June 8, at 3.15pm.

• He was told he would be deported back to Singapore and he felt quite stupid about not renewing his passport beforehand and being a burden to his team.

• He did not know what to do next and was told by immigration if he wanted to book a return ticket back himself or one could be booked for him.

• He wanted the KL immigration to book his ticket for him, as he was feeling down and did not have enough cash.

• The immigration officer then told the Singaporean man he would be denied entry into Malaysia for one month if he chose that option.

• When he said he was okay with that, he was then told he might never come back to Malaysia again.

• That was when he was taken to a cell the size of a four-room HDB flat to be locked up with 100 other people inside.

• He was told to turn off his phone and take off his belt and put them in the storeroom and wait for his ticket, no questions asked.

• The conditions in the cell were horrendous and reeked of foul odours from the lack of proper sanitation facilities.

• There was not enough space, was filthy, gag-inducing and the people inside were piled up on top of one another.

• There were apparently other tourists who were locked up in there, as well as supposed illegal immigrants.

• There was a separate cell for women and children.

• The Singaporean man was inside for 26 hours in total but it was barely tolerable.

• He claimed he saw one of the cell mates being beaten up and choked by the Malaysian officers for asking questions.

• He also said those with money could bribe their way out more easily.

• Fortunately, the Singaporean man’s father contacted Singapore’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs after he stopped receiving messages from his son after a period of one day.

• The Singapore immigration was shocked to hear of the man’s experience when he returned back and said Singapore’s lock-up had facilities such as beds.

• The Singaporean man ended his note as a caution to other Singaporeans not to take chances and said his account is to shed light on what can actually take place overseas, outside the confines of Singapore’s predictable bureaucracy and standards.

Reactions to his allegations and story

The comments section of the Singaporean man’s Facebook post is a hotbed of accusations and counter-accusations, as well as people demanding for proof and poking holes in his story.

One major contention is that his case appears to be more severe than normal given such a straightforward violation, as other individuals who travelled into Malaysia with less than six months passport validity only got turned back without much repercussions other than being inconvenienced.

The condition of not being able to return to Malaysia ever again is considered very severe.

The Singaporean man has repeatedly said in response to multiple comments that he is remorseful for his mistake and takes the blame for what happened in the first place, but he also wants to let others know how it is like overseas, away from the secure confines of Singapore’s jurisdiction and shedding light on how issues are handled.

To satiate those who called for evidence to his claims, the Singaporean man provided a photo of the document that listed his transgression in Malaysia:

The document said the reason he could not return to Malaysia is because he is a “prohibited immigrant”.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

(edited)

That's a detention lock up right. 

For some countries, their prisons are definitely not a place u want to hang around with.

If u are in thailand, u'll eat watery porridge as the basic ration. Basically if u don't have ability to get extra rations, u'll be malnourished and in starvation just within few weeks

lol that's why there are shows called "locked up abroad"

Sg prison already considered 3 star liao. Scandanavian one then maybe 5 star

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

Looking at the date. A lot of ppl go on "summer vacation" around this point of time.Hence you can expect more tourist being detained for all sorts of reasons. Running out of space to house them all has no doubt become an issue. Somemore ppl now fasting month the officers in charge are not in a good mood especially when they have to deal with added tourists.

I'm surprised this guy don't even have a credit card to book an airticket to go back to Singapore and he chose to stay in the cell.

• Praise 1

Them Malaysian Officers are one of a kind, the work attitude is damn teruk one... thanks to quotas of course, they have this "superiority complex" thing which an aggrieved person can get a nasty shock

But there could be some other trigger too, normally they won't treat Singaporeans or genuine cases like this (and he was in a group so it adds some legitamacy)  , usually...... but after the squats incidents we heard over the causeway and what not...... they show really no compassion      

Looking at the date. A lot of ppl go on "summer vacation" around this point of time.Hence you can expect more tourist being detained for all sorts of reasons. Running out of space to house them all has no doubt become an issue. Somemore ppl now fasting month the officers in charge are not in a good mood especially when they have to deal with added tourists.

I'm surprised this guy don't even have a credit card to book an airticket to go back to Singapore and he chose to stay in the cell.

Them Malaysian Officers are one of a kind, the work attitude is damn teruk one... thanks to quotas of course, they have this "superiority complex" thing which an aggrieved person can get a nasty shock

But there could be some other trigger too, normally they won't treat Singaporeans or genuine cases like this (and he was in a group so it adds some legitamacy)  , usually...... but after the squats incidents we heard over the causeway and what not...... they show really no compassion      

actually in this case it was not the attitude of the immigration people, it was the condition of the cell.

He was given a choice to buy a ticket to go back, even if he has no credit card, he should have few hundred ringgit pocket money to spend in msia since he only juts arrived.

• Praise 2

(edited)

I think this dude is also super boh chap. Neither brought enough cash nor have a credit card, can't even bother to check his passport expiry date. This is typical of some ppl here think they are superior because they are from Singapore. Now say until like being ill treated.

I think he's entitled to a phone call? No? Can call Singapore embassy or call his own father to contact MFA? Super blur or super boh chap?

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

I think this dude is also super boh chap. Neither brought enough cash nor have a credit card, can't even bother to check his passport expiry date. This is typical of some ppl here think they are superior because they are from Singapore. Now say until like being ill treated.

I think he's entitled to a phone call? No? Can call Singapore embassy or call his own father to contact MFA? Super blur or super boh chap?

they are gamer, probably lives in virtual world  [sweatdrop]

• Praise 3

strawberry never see the world before .

he want them to treat him like a illegal immigrants.

then how nice he want it to be?

[;)]

Agree.... there might be something else which triggered his detention..... like what someone else said this straberry gen are very bold in their talk and this Immigration people very trigger happy also too and just put you in the slammer instead of their office room   

• Praise 1

Supersonic

By his own admission, the immigration officer gave him many chances to buy his own ticket home.

He wanted a free ticket and assumed he had a right to it. Wanna get deported then MY also gotta go thru the deportation procedures lor.

Agree.... there might be something else which triggered his detention..... like what someone else said this straberry gen are very bold in their talk and this Immigration people very trigger happy also too and just put you in the slammer instead of their office room   

immigration officer already hinted him many times to get his own ticket home. what more can be done?

they are gamer, probably lives in virtual world  [sweatdrop]

Huh... you anti gamer ah  :omg:

(edited)

strawberry never see the world before .

he want them to treat him like a illegal immigrants.

then how nice he want it to be?

[;)]

Seems like more strawberries are running into trouble at the immigation checkpoints. The one group in Thailand where all the liquor were given to 2 person to carry when their rule stated one person carry one litre. Still got the cheek to tell the whole world they are being picked on and calling ppl scammers. Now this gamer boy who can surprisingly comply with gaming rules but not immigration rules.

If you are the immigration officer and you see this kind of strawberry pattern what will you do to them?

1) Make them suffer and wake up their idea?

2) make them strip off their clothes and underwear and do duck walk?

3) choke them and b!tch slap them like some ah neh?

4) torture them and dan blacklist them from entering.

By his own admission, the immigration officer gave him many chances to buy his own ticket home.

He wanted a free ticket and assumed he had a right to it. Wanna get deported then MY also gotta go thru the deportation procedures lor.

I think he's a naive boy. The immigration officer would rather sit at a corner and watch world cup dan do the paperwork.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

How old is this guy? he must be very young like below 20?

He never even ask properly how things are done.

Oh he been in SG prison for 1 year also. So hence the comparison lol

Twincharged

"The Singaporean man has repeatedly said in response to multiple comments that he is remorseful for his mistake and takes the blame for what happened in the first place,...."

I just find it super hard to believe this part ....

(edited)

Wonder how illegal immigrants are treated here ?

He enters Malaysia with an official passport with a validity period less than 6 months, he is not a illegal immigrant.  Cases of this nature is termed by Immigration Authority as NTL (Not To Land).  Among the NTL cases, this is the least serious one, the Immigration Authority (ICA in the case of SG), would not put the subject in the detention cell.  The airline that flown him in is normally asked to assist in such cases; like helping the subject to secure a return ticket to enable him to be deported on the same day, if possible. 

Edited by Civic2000
  • Praise 4

How old is this guy? he must be very young like below 20?

He never even ask properly how things are done.

Oh he been in SG prison for 1 year also. So hence the comparison lol

I think no one will be keen to know.

I think no one will be keen to know.

no lah. always good to show your kids how not to be a blur ****  [laugh]  [:p]

↡ Advertisement