COE Bidding – 2nd Round of June 2018

Carbon82

Will anyone buy a car if dealer add on $38k if coe is $2?

maybe u shd check market prices realistically . $2 coe does not equate to 38k cheaper car prices. at least not from AD in singapore.  

• Praise 1

Because of school holiday, football fever(spare cash temporarily use for bettings instead of downpayment for a new vehicle)and the July VES.

Many are holding back, I feel.

Those AD trying to offload the higher taxed cars are dangling low selling prices. As such the AD will not be stupid enough to overbid for the COE for these cars. So the COE will not likely to exceed the 1st June level.

Also due to weak demand, the competition among ADs will not be fierce.

Those holding onto Open cat.E needs to clear out ASAP, because many expect the COE cat.A & B to soften further after July, to compensate for the higher VES ($10k to $20k) added to many cars.

I can see(dreaming) of an impending crash tomorrow or the 1st July bid.

If not $2, then a very low $20k is a possibility.

my prediction.

Cat.A = $25k

Cat.B = $28k

Cat.C = $27k

Cat.D = $6k

Cat.E = $29k

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

Because of school holiday, football fever(spare cash temporarily use for bettings instead of downpayment for a new vehicle)and the July VES.

Those AD trying to offload the higher taxed cars are dangling low selling prices. As such the AD will not be stupid enough to overbid for the COE for these cars. So the COE will not likely to exceed the 1st June level.

Those holding onto Open cat.E needs to clear out ASAP, because many expect the COE cat.A & B to soften further after July, to compensate for the higher VES ($10k to $20k) added to many cars.

my prediction.

Cat.A = $25k

Cat.B = $28k

Cat.C = $27k

Cat.D = $6k

Cat.E = $29k

Wow! Below 30k?? Come I clap for you... I wish for it too!

Cat A - 32k

Cat B - 30k

Downward slide to meet VES next month and PHV used cars are dumped into used car market.

School holidays and long weekend may have dampen sales.

PI & Car dealers have cleared most cars that will kena big levy next month.

my prediction.

Cat.A = $25k

Cat.B = $28k

Cat.C = $27k

Cat.D = $6k

Cat.E = $29k

Wow, that is a bold prediction (or dream)! I agree with the reasoning. I think it will drop. But my guess is maybe to the low $30000s.

28K was predicted by dealers themselves after Jul 1. SO it can happen this round or within the next two rounds of bidding..

So you guys think can hold longer and not go in till later. I am getting very good offers from both Jap and Conti cars - about $7 to $10K below initial quoted price .

So you guys think can hold longer and not go in till later. I am getting very good offers from both Jap and Conti cars - about $7 to $10K below initial quoted price .

If the car you are looking at is not affected by VES, then can wait a bit longer because COE will very likely drop in the weeks and months ahead resulting in a reduction in the overall car price.

I see a lot of the term "self-entitled" being thrown around especially on reckless-driver topic, roadhogging topic, never-signal topic etc..

And it just dawned on me the reason why sinkie drivers are constantly labelled as "self-entitled"..

Because literally every vehicle on the road has a Certificate Of ENTITLEMENT [cool]

...I will show myself out now [smash]

• Praise 3

I think u shld hold if ur current car coe not expiring soon. Even if coe goes up nxt round, the tread this yr shld b going dwn. My friend gt offer by Opel 20+k bellow sgcm list price. I think dealers are desperate to hit the numbers.

Expect cat B stay at 36000

Cat A widen 3-4K to 32000-33000

This makes sense as aggressive bidding will be for the bigger cars for last round before VES, even if against weaker demand.

https://www.singaporebudget.gov.sg/budget_2018/BudgetSpeech/RevenueExpenditure

Looking at Budget 2018, it had already been decided how much they want to collect for Motor vehicle tax and Vehicle quota premiums.

Unlikely, it will drop a lot. if it does, 10 years loan will be back.

Vehicles Taxes - 2.81 billion

Vehicles Quota Premiums - 5.59 billion

They won't be able to meet it since coe price is still downward trend and nobody will bid higher when quota is not drastically reduced.

So GST to 9-10% may bring in next year.

↡ Advertisement