COE Bidding – 2nd Round of June 2018

Carbon82

Supersonic

COE down ~$2K for all Cat, however, if VES rating come out true, Car price will increase by $10K for most of the models.

Buyers who wish to buy "neutral band" cars should wait for next 2-3 bids because COE will come down to compensate the effect of VES 2

Somehow this VES 2 seems to make good for people who just need a car regardless of power, torque etc. 

COE dropped $2k for Cat A and B? Wonder what happened? If like this, 30k COE might be possible.

↡ Advertisement

think garmen will panic if they can't hit target, ERP will go up :)

True. In Sinkapore, price of everything goes up. Depends Gov want to thrw cards slowly or quickly. Tats why coe gradually drop is better. If suddenly plunge, Gov might shw hand and pattern chut ka liao, then die liao :D 

think garmen will panic if they can't hit target, ERP will go up :)

Don worry for the gov. Vezel from $10K rebate become $20k surcharge, additional $30K; gov how to lose? 

COE dropped a lot, but farking car price didn't drop Proportionally,

still cannot buy favored car 

Don worry for the gov. Vezel from $10K rebate become $20k surcharge, additional $30K; gov how to lose? 

really, will got the list of ves surcharge?

I though Vezel should drop to 80k soon in current COE trend,

I think the scholars will have brainstorming now to figure out how to tweak the downward trend.

Since VES is here to stay.

Lots of uncertainty in JULY COE price level.

It's a good time to get a 'cheap' car this weekends.

I only worry when the LTA scholars will announce new scheme to boost up the COE prices. It's a surety they will have to act very soon(only left six months to halt the downward fall, to meet the tax income estimates), else their year KPI will fail, and the transport minister will not be happy.

Twincharged
(edited)

I think the scholars will have brainstorming now to figure out how to tweak the downward trend.

I only worry when the LTA scholars will announce new scheme to boost up the COE prices. It's a surety they will have to act very soon(only left six months to halt the downward fall, to meet the tax income estimates), else their year KPI will fail, and the transport minister will not be happy.

FULL LOAN lor.

$0 downpayment.

or also roti prata and say that the better way to be car lite is to control usage rather than using COE quota. so release more COE and increase ERP, all gantry operate 0600-2359, overall more effective. then increase HDB season carpark by 30%. $160 for covered and $120 for open.

Govt HUAT ah...

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

bro i am shopping for a car but not in hurry

would u suggest i adopt a wait and see, like towards end of 2018 or beginning 2019 to catch low coe / CNY promo special?

Turbocharged
(edited)

COE dropped $2k for Cat A and B? Wonder what happened? If like this, 30k COE might be possible.

Private hire Uber exited, many leftover cars in the market. Many drivers also returning keys due to low earning. VES kicks in, COE will also drop to mitigate the increase, eventually buyers will see the full car price, many might not know what's VES etc. 

Edited by Dafansu
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

why not after July?

since there's bound to be uncertainty 

Supersonic

why not after July?

since there's bound to be uncertainty 

Bro kurty still wait and see on buying new car ah? COE now dropped to 34k liao le?!

They will encourage more PHV companies to replace Uber, and that will drive up demand for cars again...

Supercharged

Bro kurty still wait and see on buying new car ah? COE now dropped to 34k liao le?!

yeah, still waiting..

[laugh]

but i did make effort, i text him about hyundai pricing

Supersonic

They will encourage more PHV companies to replace Uber, and that will drive up demand for cars again...

Surprisingly Grab not aggressively buying new cars for their fleet? 

They didn't even take over LCR's fleet, why would they buy new?

The way I see it, they want to remain as a platform provider and not run a fleet like LCR. It makes complete business sense as there are so many leasing/rental companies out there providing cars for private hire purposes.

• Praise 1

How to buy more when existing 40% PHV drivers couldn't pass the vocational licence

• Praise 2

That is IF Komoco adjusts their pricing accordingly.

Some people have been posting that prices are largely unchanged despite the drop in COE in recent months.

It's time to buy elantra now.

Coe drop plus no ves