• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
89 replies to this topic | 77 praises

Poll: 2nd Hand Altis, Jazz or Kia Forte (60 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Model Is More Reliable

1. Toyota Altis (34 votes [56.67%])

Percentage of vote: 56.67%

2. Honda Jazz (18 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

3. Kia Forte (8 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Posted 18 June 2018 - 09:37 PM

mack88
  • mack88
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi Guys

I'm looking to get a 2nd hand car once my COE is up in 2 months time.

Looking for a car that has another 1-2years left.

Narrowed it down to these few models:

1. Toyota Altis

2. Honda Jazz

3. Kia Forte

Would prefer the car to be easier and cheaper to maintain.

Appreciate your feedback.

Thanks!

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 18 June 2018 - 09:39 PM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Confirm altis
Skip the forte.

Edited by Friendstar, 18 June 2018 - 09:40 PM.

Posted 18 June 2018 - 09:52 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Ranking would be altis, jazz and forte. Overall in terms of reliability, altis still win. 

Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:13 PM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

from your list, I would further shortlist to Altis or Jazz.

just remember to do due diligence before signing on the dotted line.

Newbie26 praised this
focus

Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:14 PM

Dafansu
  • Premium member
    Dafansu
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Altis won't go wrong.

Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:30 PM

mack88
  • mack88
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Thanks for the feedback.

Would a depre of $9-10k be common for a car of this model and age?

Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:51 PM

Citros
  • Premium member
    Citros
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Agree Altis is easiest to maintain.   

However, looking for a used Altis with low mileage may be a tad difficult, need patience and opportunity.    

Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:52 PM

WangWang888
  • Premium member
    WangWang888
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Just curious...wat car u driving now

Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:59 PM

Optramagnum
  • Premium member
    Optramagnum
    6th Gear
    Author Image

No Brainer bro. Altis, for its reliability and low maintenance cost. If want low mileage ones, look for those OPC then covert it yourself.

Posted 18 June 2018 - 11:00 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Altis or Jazz

Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 18 June 2018 - 11:17 PM

Sadan
  • Premium member
    Sadan
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Thanks for the feedback.

Would a depre of $9-10k be common for a car of this model and age?

Altis. Think Dep for altis around there or slightly higher. You can do a check at SGCarmart.
Camrysfa, Freeder and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 19 June 2018 - 08:01 AM

Victor68
  • Premium member
    Victor68
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

just to differ. if you are looking for 1-2 years and will scrap it eventually, I woukd say the lowest cost and best condition you can find. unless you are thinking of extending COE 

Posted 19 June 2018 - 08:10 AM

Sktan10
  • Sktan10
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hi Guys

1. Toyota Altis

2. Honda Jazz

3. Kia Forte

Thanks!

Did you see people renew coe for forte?

Seen quite a number of coe altis and jazz running around.

Sadan, Mkl22 and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 19 June 2018 - 08:31 AM

Contipro
  • Premium member
    Contipro
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hi Guys

1. Toyota Altis

2. Honda Jazz

3. Kia Forte

Thanks!

if plan to renew COE, go for altis or jazz. 
if drive for short period only then whichever is cheapest with decent condition. 

Sadan and 1 Anonymous member praised this
Please read below link before response. Let's keep MCF environment harmony..
http://www.mycarforu...les-guidelines/

disclaimer: no real person living or dead involved on production of above.

Posted 19 June 2018 - 08:37 AM

Micb
  • Premium member
    Micb
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Yes, if intent is to drive another 1-3 yrs and scrap it. Maybe Forte or Jazz can consider. I voted for Forte :)

Posted 19 June 2018 - 08:45 AM

kennyyy
  • kennyyy
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Hi Guys

1. Toyota Altis

2. Honda Jazz

3. Kia Forte

Thanks!

Your ranking placement tells me that u somehw aldy gt a clue. 1 = Altis, followed by Jazz, Forte .. 

Posted 19 June 2018 - 08:48 AM

Vinceng
  • Premium member
    Vinceng
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

just to differ. if you are looking for 1-2 years and will scrap it eventually, I woukd say the lowest cost and best condition you can find. unless you are thinking of extending COE 

Fully agree!

Altis and Jazz command high price so it's not really worth it at $10K annual depreciation for a car left with 1 yr plus to drive. Might as well get a new car like Kia K3 at $$7,000 annual dep or Mitsubishi Attrage at $6,300/yr over 10 yrs.

Here's some good choices - Subaru Imprezza or Peugeot 308 for  a mere $5K annual dep - 

http://www.sgcarmart...RGD=2009&DEP=13

Edited by Vinceng, 19 June 2018 - 08:50 AM.

Posted 19 June 2018 - 09:10 AM

WangWang888
  • Premium member
    WangWang888
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Fully agree!

Altis and Jazz command high price so it's not really worth it at $10K annual depreciation for a car left with 1 yr plus to drive. Might as well get a new car like Kia K3 at $$7,000 annual dep or Mitsubishi Attrage at $6,300/yr over 10 yrs.

Here's some good choices - Subaru Imprezza or Peugeot 308 for a mere $5K annual dep -
http://www.sgcarmart...RGD=2009&DEP=13

New cars got term and conditions and price adjusted upwards liao...and higher down payment. Subaru and those Ang mo cars better not spoilt if not will col. Although they are more comfy.
Why not get a left 6 months altis, drive then scrap. Then get a left 6 months jazz, do the same thing. After that get a left 6mths forte...solve the problem😂😂

Edited by WangWang888, 19 June 2018 - 09:13 AM.

Posted 19 June 2018 - 09:38 AM

mack88
  • mack88
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Agree Altis is easiest to maintain.   

However, looking for a used Altis with low mileage may be a tad difficult, need patience and opportunity.    

That's true.

The ones I've seen on Sgcarmart mostly >100k km

New cars got term and conditions and price adjusted upwards liao...and higher down payment. Subaru and those Ang mo cars better not spoilt if not will col. Although they are more comfy.
Why not get a left 6 months altis, drive then scrap. Then get a left 6 months jazz, do the same thing. After that get a left 6mths forte...solve the problem😂😂

Haha..the 6mths route did cross my mind but it's a tad troublesome with all the paper work needed

Yes, if intent is to drive another 1-3 yrs and scrap it. Maybe Forte or Jazz can consider. I voted for Forte :)

I drove mine for 6 yrs without issues and sold it off to a friend who is renewing COE.

No problems too. 

It's a rather reliable car IMO.

Just curious...wat car u driving now

Current ride is a e93 325

Posted 19 June 2018 - 09:54 AM

WangWang888
  • Premium member
    WangWang888
    5th Gear
    Author Image

That's true.

The ones I've seen on Sgcarmart mostly >100k km

Haha..the 6mths route did cross my mind but it's a tad troublesome with all the paper work needed

I drove mine for 6 yrs without issues and sold it off to a friend who is renewing COE.

No problems too.

It's a rather reliable car IMO.

Current ride is a e93 325

You drove for 6 yes...forte? Year of make?

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: 2nd hand, altis, jazz, forte and 1 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users