2nd Hand Altis, Jazz or Kia Forte

mack88

73 members have voted

1. 1. Which Model Is More Reliable

• Toyota Altis
    • Honda Jazz
    • Kia Forte

(edited)

True, maybe altis fc maintain as last time but others car model fc now on par with altis fc, which altis seems like fc nothing special liao. [:p]

Last time is 4at, now 7at. Sure got abit of diff.

Maybe other car maker put in more effort to improve their technology, some more their price in sg are very competitive compare to bm

Thus I don't understand why TS want to pay few K more for a left one yr old car n worry abt the reliability.

Edited by Kia7200
↡ Advertisement

Supersonic
(edited)

Management units or show room unit?

Dont think is show room unit since car registered with a car plate?! Think BM is selling used toyota car models, maybe from customers who buy new car from them who also trade in their existing toyota car.

Edited by 13177

Last time is 4at, now 7at. Sure got abit of diff.

Maybe other car maker put in more effort to improve their technology, some more their price in sg are very competitive compare to bm

Thus I don't understand why TS want to pay few K more for a left one yr old car n worry abt the reliability.

which altis model got 7at ???

97k and agent maintained....

It's a trap!!!!!!

One of the pic is the service reminder with MY - maybe malaysia agent maintained.  [laugh]

Current Altis is 7 speed A.

Aiya,  it is 7 speed CVT.

I thot they have new model with 7AT. 

• Praise 1

One of the pic is the service reminder with MY - maybe malaysia agent maintained. [laugh]

Aiya, it is 7 speed CVT.

I thot they have new model with 7AT.

Ya cvt...

If scare can buy altis from BM, they are selling used Toyota cars. Looks like those used car BM is selling seems quite good condition?!

Mine I got from dealer in Mackenzie road, 9 year old car, but everything looks very well maintained from the lights down to dashboard.  Super clear and clean.    the dealer was a little desperate because PARF is low.   I planned to renew COE so I don't worry about PARF.   I got dealer to repaint the car, blacken the rims, and give guarantee for 1 year for engine and gearbox.    then I sent the car to BM to confirm the mileage on the Odometer, and to check records of servicing.    BM gave the car thumbs up, very well serviced, tyres changed, remote changed, only need to change oil seals as these are wear and tear.   But I suppose this kind of car may be hard to find, it's OPC, hence the low mileage and previous owner was said to be a lady who is very meticulous and clean. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Mine I got from dealer in Mackenzie road, 9 year old car, but everything looks very well maintained from the lights down to dashboard.  Super clear and clean.    the dealer was a little desperate because PARF is low.   I planned to renew COE so I don't worry about PARF.   I got dealer to repaint the car, blacken the rims, and give guarantee for 1 year for engine and gearbox.    then I sent the car to BM to confirm the mileage on the Odometer, and to check records of servicing.    BM gave the car thumbs up, very well serviced, tyres changed, remote changed, only need to change oil seals as these are wear and tear.   But I suppose this kind of car may be hard to find, it's OPC, hence the low mileage and previous owner was said to be a lady who is very meticulous and clean. 

Good for you to bump onto a good condition car despite it is a 9 year old liao, and even BM gave the car thumbs up.  [thumbsup]

Supersonic

Chances of finding a car with good condition from OPC cars are higher. 

Supersonic

Chances of finding a car with good condition from OPC cars are higher. 

OPC cars doesnt mean the condition of the car would be good la. Still depends on if user got maintain and take care of the car, not about how often the car is being used de.  [:p]

Yes. You are right. Actually reliability for Korean cars is not an issue, but fuel economy is, but Korean cars are generally heavier than the Japanese. I think this post should change to which car is most fuel economical instead of reliability because I see that all three models mention here do not post an issue with reliability if one maintains the car well.

Korean car is lighter now. K3 1,220 kg, altis 1,290 kg...

Altis wins my vote. Jazz too small. Skip forte if not K3 or current cerato.

I've been driving the forte for more than 8.5 years and it's very reliable. My last major serving, the workshop asked if I will be extending the COE as the car is very well maintained and will be able to continue on for additional years.

Cons

It's seriously underpowered and fuel consumption is not as efficient as the Altis

If you're looking at maintenance, my take is both is around the same. My friend (drives Altis) and myself service at the same workshop and costs are not far apart. My only pet peeve is the engine power.

I've been driving the forte for more than 8.5 years and it's very reliable. My last major serving, the workshop asked if I will be extending the COE as the car is very well maintained and will be able to continue on for additional years.

Cons

It's seriously underpowered and fuel consumption is not as efficient as the Altis

If you're looking at maintenance, my take is both is around the same. My friend (drives Altis) and myself service at the same workshop and costs are not far apart. My only pet peeve is the engine power.

I’ve driven forte 09 previously. Kinda underpowered, very thirsty on petrol too. The ride feels very hard over any humps. Driven altis before too, hence by comparing both rides - confirmed a well maintained altis win.

But $15,000 different in current price between altis & k3 is hugh for some.

But of course, there are some who buys Lexus/Benz think nothing of it. Neither price or FC.

I'm optimistic Kia is better now given that it is not easy to meet USA regulators & customers expectations.

I’ve driven forte 09 previously. Kinda underpowered, very thirsty on petrol too. The ride feels very hard over any humps. Driven altis before too, hence by comparing both rides - confirmed a well maintained altis win.

Altis all the while is build for comfort ride de.

↡ Advertisement