Environmental friendly or over done?

Jman888

It's not just about exploiting the resources, but overpopulation too.

Just look at the population growth now, compared to the times before the Industrial Age.

Our blooming global population is our own doing to destroy ourselves at a very fast pace.

Both you and Kronos are right! [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

It's not just about exploiting the resources, but overpopulation too.

Just look at the population growth now, compared to the times before the Industrial Age.

Our blooming global population is our own doing to destroy ourselves at a very fast pace.

So we need someone with a vision similar to Thanos?? wipe out half the world's population to regain balance in the universe with finite resources??

• Praise 3

So we need someone with a vision similar to Thanos?? wipe out half the world's population to regain balance in the universe with finite resources??

Hahaha, bro u see too much movies liao...kekeke.

All it takes is for some super power nation to trigger that Nuke button and start a Nuke war. Then half the world population will be wiped of the face of earth.

That is scary man!!!

• Praise 1

as mentioned by some here, i think KFC just wants to cut costs. mentioning "environmental friendly" is just an excuse or afterthought...

i have not eaten at KFC in SG for the past 2 years already. too expensive...

It may be true.. But to a certain extent, it does contribute to less plastics used in the entire world. So if they can cut cost and save the earth in little ways, why not? Some might say that these little lids and straws aren't significant enough, but are the other food industries doing anything at all to help save the earth in anyways?? It all starts small and if every industry contributes a little, bit by bit, the world would be a better place.

• Praise 4

I think it’s good.

A straw take 1 min to manufacture, you only use it for 10 mins and it take 100 years to degrade.

Can buy metal straws from Qoo.

Huh?? Really got metal straw?  [grin]

I go search and buy nao.

• Praise 2

I think its over done.

It is education of proper dispose of rubbish. Cant some scientist find a way to recycle these plastic or a way to dispose it and bury it where some bird dont lay eggs place?

Invest in further development of mutant enzymes that breaks down plastic.

Waste landfill is not a solution at all.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/apr/16/scientists-accidentally-create-mutant-enzyme-that-eats-plastic-bottles

• Praise 2

Huh?? Really got metal straw?  [grin]

I go search and buy nao.

stainless steel straw is the IN thing now.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

as mentioned by some here, i think KFC just wants to cut costs. mentioning "environmental friendly" is just an excuse or afterthought...

i have not eaten at KFC in SG for the past 2 years already. too expensive...

Dunno lobang still on or not...

Weekdays... 3-5pm, 6pcs for $9 !!

• Praise 1

Sometimes I walk in to a shop, I see hundreds of handphone cover for 1 phone model. Is it really necessary?

My friend owns a mobile shop chain. When I go to his office, he always pushes (gives) handphone covers to me. He say "I don't give you I also throw away eventually. Then he showed me all the old stock .... wa lan eh, sibeh many lo. In boxes somemore

Was it a group of them in near the SAFRA club there ??

I was walking with my friends at about 930am

i can't remember, they were ending when i went at 11am.

Yeah the stretch near the ECP george's 

We got what we deserved.

Sometimes I walk in to a shop, I see hundreds of handphone cover for 1 phone model. Is it really necessary?

Many other things too...totally unnecessary.

Too many resources used for bo liao things.

Without such an economy, we cannot sustain the numbers for gainfully employed for most of our population.

Let's face it, if we don't have such economic excesses, frankly the world will be a very scary one to live in (for us humans). It's cos everyone can work and get money doing all these extra services and products, that most of us are content and don't do all the crap (like enslavement, pillaging etc) that happened for much of human history.

• Praise 2

heheh ... I worked in fast food for 6 years when I was much younger ...

in 1995, the cost for a small 8oz soft drink was only $0.14 and they were selling it $0.80c.

anyway, they cud shave off a lot from their operating costs for maintaining the drink tower not forgetting to mention the time and manpower.

and if a coffeshop can make money from $1.20, I am very sure these big eateries will be able to get it from the suppliers at an even cheaper price.

I have never work in the fast food industry before, so yah you sld know better than me.  [thumbsup]

I would think that this must have been calculated by KFC already, end of the day is whichever way with more profits get the green light.

With can drinks, the only way to upsize is from 330ml cans to 500ml bottles to 1.2L bottles. With paper cups, the upsize includes upsizing the ice.  [laugh]

cost of Storage and keeping the cans cold are  probably another concern when deciding between can drinks and paper cups. 

Those chemicals that breaks down plastics are harmful to our environment as well. Just in another form which we aren't really bothered with.

In fact there are machines widely available in the market these days. Municipal/Organic waste digestors are the way to go. Some machines can digest up to 5 tonnes of wastes per day and the by-product is just ash which can be reused for other purposes such as roads, building construction, organic compost (fertilizers) for planting and landscaping purposes.. 

I suppose the way KFC is doing it is not wrong but maybe could be done in a more subtle manner. Personally support the idea of reducing plastic usage and those implementation by KFC doesnt affect me since I'm able to drink off a cup without the lid and straw. But they do need to cater for exceptions especially those whom are handicapped.

Even our neighbours Boleh Land Tesco also no plastic bags provided upon checkout unless you pay for it.

we can all imagine how strong that chemicals are, if they can break down plastics, they can break down alot of other things.

This is like a food chain kind of thing, and the plastic industry is not a small one. Shut it down and the chain will be broken, with alot of jobs lost, so everyone is trying to balance it until some smart genies come out with a real solution, which is a BIG challenge. 

Say what we like, do what we want, businesses will unlikely take the lead to do something that will hurt their bottom line, unless it can make them the market leader. 

In the case of handicapped, if you cannot drink from a standard paper cup without a straw, high chance you cannot eat those chicken pcs without help as well.

I think MY no plastic bag day is on sat only? other days they do give out free plastics bags. And this one happens in JB and not the whole MY if I not wrong.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Twincharged

I have never work in the fast food industry before, so yah you sld know better than me.  [thumbsup]

I would think that this must have been calculated by KFC already, end of the day is whichever way with more profits get the green light.

With can drinks, the only way to upsize is from 330ml cans to 500ml bottles to 1.2L bottles. With paper cups, the upsize includes upsizing the ice.  [laugh]

cost of Storage and keeping the cans cold are  probably another concern when deciding between can drinks and paper cups. 

for the paper cups, we order by the ctns. one ctn is around 1000pcs ... size about a 32" crt TV.

but ....

the drinks tower is no joke ... the one we used was about 2.5m x 1.2m floor area ... then we also need space for the figals (five gallon syrup tanks) ...all these easily take up a whole parking lot space. the dispenser you see at the counter is - the dispenser only.

the mixing is done behind in the backroom in the drinks tower and then piped to the dispensers.

btw, ABC or valu-dollar was selling the 3 x 500ml  and 3 x 3xxml cans for $1 !! ....imagine the cost from the supplier :blink:

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Not to the extremes of annihilation. That is the easy way out and don't solve the problems humanely.

It's more of long term planning and moving on to a controlled population growth management.

We may now save half the forests due to saving on usage, but what's the point if the population surges by another 50% that needed to use the half of the forest that we saved? In the end, we done nothing with no forest left because population keeps increasing.

stainless steel straw is the IN thing now.

And the very next minute, due to security concerns, many places will start imposing ban on stainless steel straw... ...

Imagine people will not be able to bring s/s straw on plane, into concert hall, stadium, etc. :D :D

• Praise 4

Supersonic

Without such an economy, we cannot sustain the numbers for gainfully employed for most of our population.

Let's face it, if we don't have such economic excesses, frankly the world will be a very scary one to live in (for us humans). It's cos everyone can work and get money doing all these extra services and products, that most of us are content and don't do all the crap (like enslavement, pillaging etc) that happened for much of human history.

Or probably go back to stone age?

And the very next minute, due to security concerns, many places will start imposing ban on stainless steel straw... ...

Imagine people will not be able to bring s/s straw on plane, into concert hall, stadium, etc. :D :D

Still have paper straws.
↡ Advertisement