Saying thanks & welcome on Autobahn

Soya

Hypersonic

Dun be surprised... HK drivers also do the same. Hazard lights to say thanks.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

Dun be surprised... HK drivers also do the same. Hazard lights to say thanks.

Singapore, hazard light blinking during heavy rain.

Which is not good. This may cause confusion if there is a vehicle break down at the side.

In South Africa and Zambia, they do the same. After over taking, the driver will activate the hazard lights 3 blinks. 

Carrying this practice over from my days driving in HK, I still give 3 flashes of the hazard lights to anyone who kindly gives way to me. Though I sometimes wonder if those kind drivers will understand my intention or think I'm crazy  [laugh]

Supersonic

Carrying this practice over from my days driving in HK, I still give 3 flashes of the hazard lights to anyone who kindly gives way to me. Though I sometimes wonder if those kind drivers will understand my intention or think I'm crazy [laugh]

Confirm tink you’re crazy coz ppl can’t even give signal when turning coz scared light bulb spoil.....

But with this thread, hope MCFers will be aware of this good practice n start practicing it.

I always on hazard light TWICE whenever ppl give way to me.

Singapore, hazard light blinking during heavy rain.

Which is not good. This may cause confusion if there is a vehicle break down at the side.

Yah this is bad. If ur car has rear fog light please use one not hazard light

Yes it is one of the gestures on the road

And i do high beam bus when the bus captain wave their hand after i let them filter
  • Praise 1

I think cars should have an addition signal on the car to acknowledge/thank others.

Example when a car letting another car to cut into his/her lane, or to signal to the pedestrian to cross before you proceed a zebra crossing or a small turning junction, and many more.

Instead of having to put up your hand to thank or wave to let the pedestrian to cross 1st.

Until this practice is widely known/accepted, I prefer the old school way of waving my hand. Wouldn't want to cause a chain collision behind me.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

During my 4 days drive in Phuket (about 1000km), not a single horn from the Thai drivers. No high beam either. So peaceful.

They gave way to you if u put on signal light.

If u are coming out from minor road, they will drive to next lane for u to drive out easily.

Thumbs UP to the Thai Drivers!

I used the old school method, wind down window and put up my to say thank u.

Edited by Mcf777
  • Praise 3

Pretty common even in 'rude' London. I do see, on a few occasions in the last few months, such practice here from drivers of different type of vehicles eg. pte cars, bus, lorry, etc.  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1