2018 Volvo S60 (3rd Gen) & V60 (2nd Gen)

Carbon82

Supercharged
(edited)

Apparently S60 is made in USA

yes.

but probably also in China.

we may get from either USA/China.

what i don't like is the car is still too heavy (~1658kg for the T5).

Edited by Eyke
↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

The line a bit like 3er though. Overall a very neat and somewhat stylish sedan from wowo.

How Soya? Wanna go molest the car at the mortuary along Alexander road...?

Wahaha....how cum i still associated w wowo ah?

Guess SM now stands for Scary Morgue.....lol

Wahaha....how cum i still associated w wowo ah?

Guess SM now stands for Scary Morgue.....lol

Because wowo for life mah. A few oldies have gone back to wowo...maybe to practise safe sax in a safe wowo.

Supersonic
(edited)

Because wowo for life mah. A few oldies have gone back to wowo...maybe to practise safe sax in a safe wowo.

Current wowo lineup not sexciting. I mean, during those siao days, the wowo T stood proud and meant something special.

Nowadays it’s used to hawk a underwhelming 1.5L V40 or worse, a 1.6L S80. Even the sacred R is relegated to a styling kit....ouch!

Edited by Soya
  • Praise 1

Current wowo lineup not sexciting. I mean, during those siao days, the wowo T stood proud and meant something special.

Nowadays it’s used to hawk a underwhelming 1.5L V40 or worse, a 1.6L S80. Even the sacred R is relegated to a styling kit....ouch!

Boh pian when the world is advocating no nuke, everything must go green green.

3 cylinder not your thing then.

http://www.greencarcongress.com/2018/02/20180219-volvo.html

Donât think Iâll dare buy a wowo hybrid (or any conti hybrid for that matter...)

Hybrid = Toyota. Domo arigato gozaimas

Better get a non-hybrid conti now or get used to it if you still want to buy conti in the future. Merc c200 facelift already hybrid. Didn't even bother putting an extra alphabet to the model to distinguish it from the non-hybrids. Consperm unstoppable trend.

Supersonic

Better get a non-hybrid conti now or get used to it if you still want to buy conti in the future. Merc c200 facelift already hybrid. Didn't even bother putting an extra alphabet to the model to distinguish it from the non-hybrids. Consperm unstoppable trend.

Actually i like hybrids. So much so that i was actually so close (brought cheque book n ready to sign liao...) to buying the ES300h. Granted it’s not the most engaging drive but i love the silence & seamlessness of the tech & appreciate how well Toyota have made it work (reliably) and nicely packaged in a comfy Lexus.

I’ll give the conti another decade or so to level up to the electric game now that they will shift their R&D billions on this instead of diesels

Actually i like hybrids. So much so that i was actually so close (brought cheque book n ready to sign liao...) to buying the ES300h. Granted itâs not the most engaging drive but i love the silence & seamlessness of the tech & appreciate how well Toyota have made it work (reliably) and nicely packaged in a comfy Lexus.

Iâll give the conti another decade or so to level up to the electric game now that they will shift their R&D billions on this instead of diesels

No need decade lah. 3yrs already considered very long time for this super competitive auto industry. Besides, it's just battery and electric motor. Not flying cars lol.

Think I mentioned previously on my experience with my GS450h. Generally reknown lexus build quality and engineering. Enjoyed the sleeper status, 5s acceleration and instantaneous overtaking capability at 90kph.

Had a charging pcb problem at 4th year out of sudden. End up have to change the electronics and the whole hybrid battery. 12+k damage. Luckily still under 3+2yr warranty so downtime 3 days and BM sorted it out for me. 

Once out of warranty, everyday is like a subconscious weight hanging over me on when something major in the hybrid system will fail on me again. The day I handed over the car to the 2nd hand dealer is the day I feel truly liberated.  :D

Will not touch another hybrid for the next 10yrs till the technology and reliability matures future...but if really forced to choose one, I'll still go back to a 10yr warranty lexus hybrid. 

Actually i like hybrids. So much so that i was actually so close (brought cheque book n ready to sign liao...) to buying the ES300h. Granted it’s not the most engaging drive but i love the silence & seamlessness of the tech & appreciate how well Toyota have made it work (reliably) and nicely packaged in a comfy Lexus.

I’ll give the conti another decade or so to level up to the electric game now that they will shift their R&D billions on this instead of diesels

Twincharged

Think I mentioned previously on my experience with my GS450h. Generally reknown lexus build quality and engineering. Enjoyed the sleeper status, 5s acceleration and instantaneous overtaking capability at 90kph.

Had a charging pcb problem at 4th year out of sudden. End up have to change the electronics and the whole hybrid battery. 12+k damage. Luckily still under 3+2yr warranty so downtime 3 days and BM sorted it out for me.

Once out of warranty, everyday is like a subconscious weight hanging over me on when something major in the hybrid system will fail on me again. The day I handed over the car to the 2nd hand dealer is the day I feel truly liberated. :D

Will not touch another hybrid for the next 10yrs till the technology and reliability matures future...but if really forced to choose one, I'll still go back to a 10yr warranty lexus hybrid.

Yeah, share your sentiments. Even the top end models of an established hybrid manufacturer has still quite some problems doesn’t give one much confidence.

I would have expected toyota to be utterly reliable.

Conti hybrid.... lagi worse. Sure to break down and have niggly electrical issues. If I’m not wrong, the Merc NGT cars also have quite some issues with the gas tanks and the fuel feed.

In the end, regular petrol or diesel cars seem to be more robust and reliable. The more fanciful gadgets, the more stuff to spoil. Unless one has numerous cars or plenty of time to wait for parts and repair work, I cannot imagine the hassles one has to go thru for such cars.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Back to topic:

As expected, the new V60 looks even more delicious. Juz hope it makes it here in full spec n not turn out like the watered down sg-spec XC60 w smallish rims, etc

post-1105-0-33255700-1529852949.jpeg

post-1105-0-00463200-1529852959_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 4

Back to topic:

As expected, the new V60 looks even more delicious. Juz hope it makes it here in full spec n not turn out like the watered down sg-spec XC60 w smallish rims, etc

Agree the new V60 looks great. The S60 looks like a small version of the S90. There will be no more diesel engine and these new V/S60 will have petrol, hybrid and electric power.

Most likely we will see T5 and T6. T8, if they do make it to Singapore will be far and few.

All cars are possible to be indented to full specs. Making it full spec for mass market will require a more thorough study, benchmarking against competitors. If the pricing is too high, full spec Volvo will not sell.

In Singapore, V40 and S60 make up between 60-70% of Volvo total sales. These models are in the more "affordable" range.

On a global level, the SUVs, XC 40/60/90 make up 50% of total sales. XC40 being a new model, will tip the scale even more.

Cars are like electronics, new is always better. There might be a handful who appreciate the durability of "aged" cars, but these numbers are minute compared to those who look forward to brand new ones.

Smallish rims I am all for it. Volvo wheels are all cast, including polestar rims. In the aftermarket, there are quite a variety of flow-formed and forged rims. These rims being lighter, reduce mass moment inertia (or rotational inertia), hence acceleration is better than status quo.

Volvo V60 Cross Country revealed with off-road focus

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/volvo-v60-cross-country-revealed-road-focus

003_image_8.jpg?itok=LUBkvDgo

Volvo has released the first pictures and details of its new V60 Cross Country, set to launch later this year.

The rugged estate follows on from the standard V60 estate, which was launched earlier this year. As is traditional for the Cross Country sub-brand, it benefits from chunky lower body cladding and a 75mm ride height increase. New front and rear skid plates complete the transformation.

The V60 Cross Country isn’t just a styling upgrade, however, as a new specially developed chassis and suspension package aims to boost theAudi A4 Allroad rival’s off-road capability. All-wheel drive is standard fitment, alongside Hill Descent Control and a new off-road driving mode for the drivetrain.

In the UK, the V60 Cross Country’s sole engine choice at launch will be the 188bhp D4 Diesel engine mated to an eight-speed automatic gearbox. It's capable of 0-62mph in 8.2 seconds, but specificfuel economy figures are yet to be released. Mild hybrid and plug-in hybrid variants are said to follow at a later date.

Like the regular V60, the Cross Country will benefit from standard City Safety with Autobrake tech, which can recognise pedestrians, cyclists and large animals. Run-off Road Mitigation and Oncoming Lane Mitigation will also be standard, while Cross-Traffic Alert is optional. 

005_image_7.jpg?itok=4-JfaMi0

001_image_15.jpg?itok=xdwnsUWJ

019_vcc12725.jpg?itok=xDDvYYNF

016_vcc12652.jpg?itok=jt00XC_-

015_vcc12651.jpg?itok=j0Wh8CJ2

014_vcc12648.jpg?itok=3qxFntu9

013_vcc12650.jpg?itok=1thNbRJC

012_vcc12646.jpg?itok=pgm8_Iz7