Fun check: Earliest event you could remember in your life

Heartlander

Interestingly as you get older, it’s the old stuff you can remember, not the recent memories.

Also interesting observation abt the handphones etc. we may end up having false memories, thinking we have a memory of certain things we saw in a photo.

The mind can work in v strange way

It can also be that we form an impression based on constantly being told about it even though we do not remember it.

My son was busy playing with a toy that shows moving photos (such that it looks like a video clip). It requires one to close one eye and use the other eye to look (focused) on the eyepiece of the toy. He was 3 yo then, and we were in HK airport. Rest of us were pushing the luggages walking towards check-in area, and he was following us and looking into the toy. As he was so engrossed with it, he fell behind as we walked further up, and then when he finally looked up he couldn't see any of us, and started crying and shouting 'mama' [bigcry]

when we heard the cries, we realised he was not with us. He was v far away, maybe just 15-20 m, but cos he was short and there were people walking everywhere in an unfamiliar place, he panicked and cried (which was probably better than him just wandering - in a different direction - around on his own). We quickly walked back to get him.

We kept using that example to remind him and the sister to follow us closely and dun get distracted, after that, esp whenever we go abroad. Recently, when we asked him (now in sec 1), he said he actually has no recollection of the incident, but as we kept repeating it year after year, he has it (what we said, but not what he remembers) stuck in his mind...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

....... and thats how your Fun check at Preambree Skool all the way...... dunno if @Angcheek oso same one....one.Dot.com  (Dot as in Dorothy)    

i still rem my first gf...at 6yrs old, Dorothy.

Other than that, remember many times my sis biting my toes, at age 3....lol

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
(edited)

I have many memories as a child. Can say I had a good life.

But I had this puzzling pattern that keeps popping in my mind. It was blurry, contrasting and surreal and it lingers my subconscious memory. It get more vivid when I was sick or having nightmares.

Then when I was maybe 10 or 11 years old, I went to Toa Payoh hospital to visit my Aunty who just gave birth. I look at the baby over the observation room. I then notice the curtains and BOOM!! All the memories of the pattern came straight back to me.

I had never been to this part of Toa Payoh hospital but knew I was born here. So I asked my mum who confirm that I was also in this room as a newborn 10 years ago!! Did I remember this pattern as a newborn? At 10 years old then I really believe I did.

How decades later the memory of the pattern has faded. Perhaps it will come back if I managed to get holdo f the same curtain pattern again.

Edited by Pocus
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

My next memories are more dream related.

Anyone had dreams of recurring places that only exist in dreams? Like a big house or shopping mall?

I occasionally will have dreams of such places. I would be very familiar with the place since I have visited them before.

For the house I would remember where are the items I last left them. For the Shopping centre I would remember where are my favorite shop and I would talk to the owner like I know him?

I even revisited a mini forest where I would come back in many forms, either as a gorilla, a wild man like Tarzan or as just myself. I would recall visiting a ape-like creature which is suppose to be my best friend. it's abit like going back to Narnia...and all this is even before I heard of the movie.

But when I wake up, I would like and realise it's a non existent place and only imagination from my dream.

Weird but intriging...

Edited by Pocus

Supersonic

Anyone had dreams of recurring places that only exist in dreams? Like a big house or shopping mall?

I occasionally will have dreams of such places. I would be very familiar with the place since I have visited them before.

For the house I would remember where are the items I last left them. For the Shopping centre I would remember where are my favorite shop and I would talk to the owner like I know him?

I even revisited a mini forest where I would come back in many forms, either as a gorilla, a wild man like Tarzan or as just myself. I would recall visiting a ape-like creature which is suppose to be my best friend. it's abit like going back to Narnia...and all this is even before I heard of the movie.

But when I wake up, I would like and realise it's a non existent place and only imagination from my dream.

Weird but intriging...

who knows maybe there might be a place like that somewhere...

Twincharged

Weird but intriging...

Perhaps you are living parallel lives/overlapping realities? Its an interesting school of thought and your story sounds similar to some folks I’ve spoken to who firmly believe in this theory.

(edited)

i have a lot of funny dreams.

But recurring unpleasant dream would be "don't know how to answer question in exam"

Quite funny considering, my last real school exam was 13 years ago.

Must have been traumatised during my JC and uni years  [laugh]  [:|]

Perhaps you are living parallel lives/overlapping realities? Its an interesting school of thought and your story sounds similar to some folks I’ve spoken to who firmly believe in this theory.

I can sometimes continue on dreams for 2-3 days. 

Interrupted by daytime. Then press "play" again when i sleep at night. But i know that's just my imagination haha

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged
(edited)

aww .... these maidens fawning on the young boy will sure stamp a lasting impression..... [:)]

ZmwAuix.jpg

Edited by Camrysfa

Weird but intriging...

dun start talking dreams here as most dun want me to dream of them...hahahaa

@dach when can i meet you :XD:  :XD:  :XD:

• Praise 1

Supersonic

dun start talking dreams here as most dun want me to dream of them...hahahaa

@dach when can i meet you :XD::XD::XD:

in your dreams :XD:

i still rem my first gf...at 6yrs old, Dorothy.

Other than that, remember many times my sis biting my toes, at age 3....lol

not Rosmah meh

I could have swore it was her

• Praise 1