Obike ceased operations in SG due to LTA restrictions

Jman888

Not easy to implement such system on bicycle like those car sharing scheme. Thats why users must be considerate and civic

You will never find them here and these bike sharing companies should know better.

The other day I say 3 teenagers chucking an Obike down the stairs, shouted at them and they ran away laughing. Si gin nahs!

↡ Advertisement

Who know's maybe how many foreign workers also kenna ..... I see a lot of them riding this kind of bikes near the dorms  

• Praise 1

Supersonic

You will never find them here and these bike sharing companies should know better.

The other day I say 3 teenagers chucking an Obike down the stairs, shouted at them and they ran away laughing. Si gin nahs!

Dont know what is happening in our society?!  [shakehead]

Try contacting Edward Chen. 

https://mothership.sg/2018/06/obike-founder-edward-chen/

According to the the article, the deposits seem to be small fry compared to the multimillions fund from unknown source that had been raised and injected into the company. Is this just a high profile washing machine? 

Didnt know obike is founder by ah tiong?!

Supersonic

So is obike officially cease operation liao? So all those obike found all over the place is no longer locked?

Turbocharged

knn how to get back my deposit?

Raise a credit card chargeback dispute through your credit card issuer.

It's not foolproof, but it's worth a shot.

Supersonic

So is obike officially cease operation liao? So all those obike found all over the place is no longer locked?

locked la...

So refund makan into stomach?

Thats a great business model.

I also want to open a company to ask for deposit, then fat fat already, close down.

Very similar to many MLM s too.

• Praise 4

Supersonic

As long as we have majority responsible users, it wouldn't be an issue. If users cannot take initiative then regulation will come in. But if regulation without enforcement also LPPL.

Mostly here is regulation come in but usually without any enforcement de.

My MIL Xmas present this year will be a bicycle.

Anyone know where to get spray painting on the cheap?

Any color is fine except not yellow only.

:D

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

knn how to get back my deposit?

I initiated a chargeback (transaction dispute) with my credit card issuer, they are now looking into it.

Not a lot of money: I signed up for one year membership at $19.00 about a month ago, but it is the principle.

Don't make it too easy for them.

• Praise 4

I initiated a chargeback (transaction dispute) with my credit card issuer, they are now looking into it.

Not a lot of money: I signed up for one year membership at $19.00 about a month ago, but it is the principle.

Don't make it too easy for them.

If no refund just grab one or two and we go and do respray together.

(edited)

Keep it for yourself.

I already got a lobang. One worker lost big on World Cup and he don't mind taking side income. So he's respraying an S class and the extra paint he don't mind helping me spray the bikes. Silver color if you don't mind.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged
(edited)

Keep it for yourself.

I already got a lobang. One worker lost big on World Cup and he don't mind taking side income. So he's respraying an S class and the extra paint he don't mind helping me spray the bikes. Silver color if you don't mind.

Edited by Doppel
  • Praise 3

a few weeks back (way before the coy winding up) i requested for deposit refund since i hardly used the bike. i waited for weeks but the refund was never reflected in my credit card bill. so i decided to email the coy, and i was shocked when they told me my account could not be found!  :pissed-off:

good thing i kept some screenshot of the app before. after dingdong-ing a few more rounds, they told me that they "managed to retrieve my account". a few weeks later the deposit was refunded (minus $1.00)

so i guess i'm not so surprised with the coy's current situation  :mellow:

• Praise 2

Supersonic

My MIL Xmas present this year will be a bicycle.

Anyone know where to get spray painting on the cheap?

Any color is fine except not yellow only.

:D

Just use fire and burn it black.
  • Praise 1