Mahathir revives Singapore water dispute, says water deal too costly

Vratenza

Turbocharged

what is he trying to said is that when it involves Johor, their interests should be considered first and not other states/people political interest. Johor wants to advance and does not want to be like them falling behind. haha

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

TMJ asks lao ma to shut up about water ... lol

and TMJ supports 3rd bridge to spore [thumbsup]

post-7984-0-62803800-1532173108_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wt_know

At the moment, there are the HSR and 1MBD.   Both involves money.

The HSR,  from "cancelled" now become like "hope" to delay.

The 1MDB,  "hope" to recover the $$$ from Singapore.

Now only can use water dispute to try to get a upper hand.

I am just wondering if Singapore raise the treated water by 10x to be resold to Johor state....will madhatter say we not being adik.. . 

(@Radx... PleasPlease not a dik :D ) 

I am just wondering if Singapore raise the treated water by 10x to be resold to Johor state....will madhatter say we not being adik.. .

(@Radx... PleasPlease not a dik :D )

Hmmmmmm

Dr M needs to distract his people because he simply couldn't do magic and deliver what he promised. he has been holding power for so long without the magic wand, another 3 years or slight more would not do the trick also.

Malaysia is not a city state like Singapore and malaysia is not china, so don't expect and don't compare, he will be fine. if he cannot sleep by comparing, he may have less than 3 years to enjoy life. meanwhile, try his hands on the national car to pass time lah. 

I don't see any ambitious projection from the new gov, all is more on digging and criticizing the former gov, especially their finance minister who is only good in echoing Lao Ma msg.

Loa Ma want to nego with China but forgetting both of his hands are empty... how to nego?

he said he wants to cancel HSR, then increase water price,

He said he wants to cancel all deals made by previous govt with china,

he said he wants to be greater than Trump,

i dun think he say say only   :D

I don't see any ambitious projection from the new gov, all is more on digging and criticizing the former gov, especially their finance minister who is only good in echoing Lao Ma msg.

Loa Ma want to nego with China but forgetting both of his hands are empty... how to nego?

Some of the criticism is required as the lobang was dugged by previous administrations.

For example, GST refund trust accounts has a shortfall of RM19b. It's cumulative over 3 yrs up to 31st May. By drawing a line there, it gives room for new administration to maneuver.

Mind you, these ppl were opposition MP. It takes time to change.

Lastly, if Ah Loong says A, Ah Keat don't echo his boss in public. Do you think he can stay on?

• Praise 1

Some of the criticism is required as the lobang was dugged by previous administrations.

For example, GST refund trust accounts has a shortfall of RM19b. It's cumulative over 3 yrs up to 31st May. By drawing a line there, it gives room for new administration to maneuver.

Mind you, these ppl were opposition MP. It takes time to change.

Lastly, if Ah Loong says A, Ah Keat don't echo his boss in public. Do you think he can stay on?

both lao ma n lim do not have good strategy. they are moving Malaysia backward.

• Praise 1

he said he wants to cancel HSR, then increase water price,

He said he wants to cancel all deals made by previous govt with china,

he said he wants to be greater than Trump,

i dun think he say say only   :D

he going to china this weekend liao i think.

• Praise 2

I wondered why the hoo haa all about

unless there is something more than meet the eyes (political mileage)

it is like charges for vehicle entry into each other countries, one side increase the other side also increase until someone back down

for water, so what is the big deal if they want to increase their charges (increase our cost by a few millions only - our ministers salary alone already 50 plus million)

for analysis, there no way unless Malaysia wants to dump billions in building a water processing plant 

so for the foreseeable future they will rely on Singapore for processing water

so how to counter their insistent on increase of water charges

we just increase the processed water sold to them in a reasonable rate that recoup our cost

(our authorities keep justifying themselves, why they need to increase service fees, GST and etc as claim things increases with time)

we should be transparent on our side so that we will not be perceived to be seen to be taking advantage of the situation

Royalty of Johore are in support of Singapore which matters more to us than the Federal Government.

there so many more important issues that we need to forge ahead to secure a better future for ourselves and our neighbors

sometimes we got to loose small to win big

Edited by Ash2017
  • Praise 3

Do not discount the mental health of those articulating policy.

I had a recent experience with their keshihatan system privately.

My eyes maciam lasers and a bitter taste in my mouth.

Maybe can Gan Khaw them in exchange for htwooh.

Those guys never sit together one hor? Hee hee

• Praise 1

Supercharged

(@Radx... PleasPlease not a dik :D ) 

Mahathir has probably done his sums that we import more raw water than we export treated wafer. Once we open the flood gate for price revision, there will be no end to it. What about the huge investments that Singapore has made over the years in developing Johor River and its water catchment areas?

We should stand united and firm over our sovereignty, and when push comes to shove, remind Mahathir that we will take heed of our late MM's words that Singapore will not hesitate to send our troops if necessary to secure our water supply guaranteed under the agreement.

Mahathir's latest statement may be just his tactics to get Malaysia out of the HSR agreement without any compensation.

Good news though for holders of Hyflux's securities .......

Edited by kykh
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2