Mahathir revives Singapore water dispute, says water deal too costly

Vratenza

Bro golden egg.

Being hard is beyond question. But are we really like a six pointed star?

Sometimes being soft but firm can allow our friends to speak up for the right thing.

Our friends takut the gila-gila orang.

↡ Advertisement

both lao ma n lim do not have good strategy. they are moving Malaysia backward.

Strategic direction will be from Economic Affair Minister.

No doubt SST is backward as compared to GST.

Boh pian. A lot of ppl can't afford to pay 6% GST unlike Singapore.

Do you know that wage level in Msia has stagnant?

My fren works in MY accounting firm. His company is receiving outsourced accounting job from China.

Malaysia is cheaper than China.

• Praise 1

Dr M needs to distract his people because he simply couldn't do magic and deliver what he promised. he has been holding power for so long without the magic wand, another 3 years or slight more would not do the trick also.

Malaysia is not a city state like Singapore and malaysia is not china, so don't expect and don't compare, he will be fine. if he cannot sleep by comparing, he may have less than 3 years to enjoy life. meanwhile, try his hands on the national car to pass time lah.

So far 100 days have passed but their people are supportive. Basically the most important promises have been fulfilled, i.e. prosecute the 1mdb criminals, and remove those political appointees who have benefited corruptly from the old system while turning a blind eye to ah jib's excesses. Over 200 top civil servants and GLC heads have been sacked apparently. To Malaysians, this is already a great step forward.

Another big change is the independence of the judiciary. On paper, it's progressing. But big question mark remains how long it can be tolerated [laugh] and how long the kangaroos will stay away.

Edited by Sosaria

So far 100 days have passed but their people are supportive. Basically the most important promises have been fulfilled, i.e. prosecute the 1mdb criminals, and remove those political appointees who have benefited corruptly from the old system while turning a blind eye to ah jib's excesses. Over 200 top civil servants and GLC heads have been sacked apparently. To Malaysians, this is already a great step forward.

i sincerely hope they are better. haha

I wondered why the hoo haa all about

unless there is something more than meet the eyes (political mileage)

it is like charges for vehicle entry into each other countries, one side increase the other side also increase until someone back down

for water, so what is the big deal if they want to increase their charges (increase our cost by a few millions only - our ministers salary alone already 50 plus million)

for analysis, there no way unless Malaysia wants to dump billions in building a water processing plant

so for the foreseeable future they will rely on Singapore for processing water

so how to counter their insistent on increase of water charges

we just increase the processed water sold to them in a reasonable rate that recoup our cost

(our authorities keep justifying themselves, why they need to increase service fees, GST and etc as claim things increases with time)

we should be transparent on our side so that we will not be perceived to be seen to be taking advantage of the situation

Royalty of Johore are in support of Singapore which matters more to us than the Federal Government.

there so many more important issues that we need to forge ahead to secure a better future for ourselves and our neighbors

sometimes we got to loose small to win big

brother....treating fresh river water is different from building a desalination plant. The price difference is substantially lower. Our treated water sold to jb is just for the johore bahru area and not the whole of johore or peninsula malaysia. Melaka also buys raw water from johore and treat it into potable water themselves.....its not rocket science. Dont ask me why Johore Bahru doesnt built its own water treatment facility all these years as they have huge land reserve. Maybe our treated water taste sweeter.....
  • Praise 1

brother....treating fresh river water is different from building a desalination plant. The price difference is substantially lower. Our treated water sold to jb is just for the johore bahru area and not the whole of johore or peninsula malaysia. Melaka also buys raw water from johore and treat it into potable water themselves.....its not rocket science. Dont ask me why Johore Bahru doesnt built its own water treatment facility all these years as they have huge land reserve. Maybe our treated water taste sweeter.....ð¤£ð¤£ð¤£ð¤£

sama sama lah......you forgot anwar's case mei! The one who rules the country also rules the court.

For now it is still better than ah jib's time, from their pov. Independent voices are returning. There is greater representation of minority and (previously) opposition figures in the cabinet. And the electorate has also changed significantly, with a new-found confidence. Point is, even if madhatter reverts to his old ways, power has shifted to the people - just wait for elections.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 1

For now it is still better than ah jib's time, from their pov. Independent voices are returning. There is greater representation of minority and (previously) opposition figures in the cabinet. And the electorate has also changed significantly, with a new-found confidence. Point is, even if madhatter reverts to his old ways, power has shifted to the people - just wait for elections.

old fox is still an old fox....cant deny that. Najib was weak as a leader thus creating and sweeping most of the problem under the carpet. Mahathir is using this opportunity to keep the power so that his choosen successor will have time to succeed the legacy.......we just watch who might that be but i wont be surprised if its his own blood and kin. Politics is the same wherever you go........he has tasted the medicine when Najib ruled and stripped his sons of his power and wealth and i doubt he will want to taste it again.

Actually Najib gave more leeway to the minority then what Mahathir had given when he was the Prime Minister.

Edited by Eviilusion

old fox is still an old fox....cant deny that. Najib was weak as a leader thus creating and sweeping most of the problem under the carpet. Mahathir is using this opportunity to keep the power so that his choosen successor will have time to succeed the legacy.......we just watch who might that be but i wont be surprised if its his own blood and kin. Politics is the same wherever you go........he has tasted the medicine when Najib ruled and stripped his sons of his power and wealth and i doubt he will want to taste it again.

Actually Najib gave more leeway to the minority then what Mahathir had given when he was the Prime Minister.

Yes but whoever goes up can easily be dethroned in the following elections. Umno & BN waiting in the wings now for such opportunity. Good thing now is that in malaysia, the current ruling coalition and opposition can both form credible functioning govts.

Yes but whoever goes up can easily be dethroned in the following elections. Umno & BN waiting in the wings now for such opportunity. Good thing now is that in malaysia, the current ruling coalition and opposition can both form credible functioning govts.

because both parties wants Najib blood badly! Once Najib is done for, then the power play begins and UMNO members will just need to standby and watch. I am no fan of politick.........and no fan of umno, golkar or the incumbent. They just want to control the country while getting rich at the same time.

His preferred successor is not his son.

His preferred successor is not his son.

thats what he will say when he wants votes. Politics is never straight! I dont think both guys have buried the hatchet yet and his 'favoured' successor is supposed to be the wife of the guy he destroyed! More drama then a korean soap! If i am the wife and seeing how my hubby suffered for so long........i will carry a big long parang for revenge!

thats what he will say when he wants votes. Politics is never straight! I dont think both guys have buried the hatchet yet and his 'favoured' successor is supposed to be the wife of the guy he destroyed! More drama then a korean soap! If i am the wife and seeing how my hubby suffered for so long........i will carry a big long parang for revenge!

He never said so.

He acted on it.

He never said so.

He acted on it.

i wont be surprised if he does a uturn in the near future. He did that to the hubby yrs ago from DPM to a prisoner! And i dont think he is not capable of doing it again. All if them are playing chess right now......who gets the upper hand depends on the next move.
  • Praise 2

My fren works in MY accounting firm. His company is receiving outsourced accounting job from China.

Malaysia is cheaper than China.

That’s because they were impressed by...

post-163127-0-75764800-1534252379_thumb.jpeg

post-163127-0-91841400-1534252390.jpeg

post-163127-0-30783100-1534252399_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 3

Just use matching policy... we already have it for the Causeway and Tuas Link.  Still need to negotiate SMLJ?

Edited by Kangadrool

i wont be surprised if he does a uturn in the near future. He did that to the hubby yrs ago from DPM to a prisoner! And i dont think he is not capable of doing it again. All if them are playing chess right now......who gets the upper hand depends on the next move.

It's not that guy.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/johor-aims-to-not-depend-on-singapore-for-treated-water-by-2022-malaysian-minister

Msia's "move" concerning water will mostly be planned during mad hater's time.

Now, want to be independent from us by treating own water. Well, we either plan advanced methods of storing treated water for eternity or be very prepared to pay more for water from them especially where our treated water not needed.

Frankly, personally feel in long term, may actually be cheaper to get from us than to do treatment on their own. Greasing and many patterns to let water leak into many hands is more costly

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2