Elected MPs pay $365 annually for parking at HDB carparks

ChaosMyth

we have to understand that their salary dont come from their party, come from tax payer like you and me.  And now we advocate HDB to charge them more? Next they will have to raise their pay again, and who  would suffer?  my grandma always said when troubles dont trouble you, dont trouble troubles. 

Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement

Lucky you clarified, else, I and many others will be asking WHERE is your office ððð

I know...BB is a magnet for mcfers, if i work near her, i dont think i will tell especially in mcf....
  • Praise 1

we have to understand that their salary dont come from their party, come from tax payer like you and me.  And now we advocate HDB to charge them more? Next they will have to raise their pay again, and who  would suffer?  my grandma always said when troubles dont trouble you, dont trouble troubles. 

True, they need to take back the expenses spent from somewhere, and confirmed it is from taxpayer lo.

Back peddling.......not so subtle yeah?

IF no one make noise, if they did not poke the hornet's nest with the teachers's school parking, you all think they would make any changes at all?

Again, no apologies....just quietly change the rules and shift the goal post again.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/elected-mp-parliament-pay-short-term-parking-rate-hdb-car-park-10984774

The way civil servants answer question reflects the mindset they have in governing this country.

Good luck Singapore!

• Praise 1

Aiyah....now they charge $250 PA, on the other end, IF (not fake news, just a postulation) every MP gets a $500/mth transport allowance   ....we are worse off as tax payers right?

Clean wage also they say, not clean also they say....how much to pay themselves also they say..... [:|]

What clean wage?  <_<

Have to pay for short term parking at HDB carpark, but can reimburse if on official business (e.g. meet the people session, attending grassroot activities, community events, etc.) right?

So they may ended up paying even lesser for parking charges, unless they have lot of friends and relatives staying in HDB estate...

Edited by Vratenza

we have to understand that their salary dont come from their party, come from tax payer like you and me. And now we advocate HDB to charge them more? Next they will have to raise their pay again, and who would suffer? my grandma always said when troubles dont trouble you, dont trouble troubles.

But they need to be consistent. If they are advocating clean wage policy, then it has to be across the board. At least the amount paid will go into the coffer and if they asked for more pay, they will be taxed as well (I am assuming they are currently taxed by IRAS, otherwise it is not clean again).

Just like old times, they took away pension scheme but ministers continue to enjoy them till recently. That is real double standard.

• Praise 3

Aiyah....now they charge $250 PA, on the other end, IF (not fake news, just a postulation) every MP gets a $500/mth transport allowance   ....we are worse off as tax payers right?

Clean wage also they say, not clean also they say....how much to pay themselves also they say..... [:|]

What clean wage?  <_<

Clean wage ah?

Come, come, cut their salaries by at least 70% first.

Else all is empty talk only. 

Clean wage ah?

Come, come, cut their salaries by at least 70% first.

Else all is empty talk only. 

Cut their salaries? This will never happen lo.

This will never happen also.

hmm.... don't use the word "never" so easily. Maybe you'll not live to see it happen this life but who knows what happen in the future?

Edited by Leo72

hmm.... don't use the word "never" so easily. Maybe you'll not live to see it happen this life but who knows what happen in the future?

True, i should say i never get to see in this life. Lol.

• Praise 1

How does clean wage related to salary cut?

Clean wage in their definition or clean wage as the global market of politics?
↡ Advertisement