Elected MPs pay $365 annually for parking at HDB carparks

ChaosMyth

My question is..is the $365 for islandwide or just their constituency?

For example in a GRC, each MP covers different parts of the GRC, so how does HDB zone the carparks effectively? What about at the 'borders' of each GRC....if no choice so happen that that MSCP is full and the MP has to park across the road into another GRC's turf...is that payable at the normal rates?

they wont have problems parking.....the moment they say they are coming sure got people chop for them a spot close by.....usually a plastic chair or a cone for 3 lots.....
↡ Advertisement

Maybe ball carriers also have hidden benefits which the public do not know?

they wont have problems parking.....the moment they say they are coming sure got people chop for them a spot close by.....usually a plastic chair or a cone for 3 lots.....

• Praise 3

(edited)

Maybe ball carriers also have hidden benefits which the public do not know?

i knew one cs officer who volunteered at rc level directly under a ministar. Promotion very fast.........maybe....just maybe he also hardworking.... Edited by Eviilusion

Turbocharged
(edited)

"The rate is a proportion of the prevailing HDB season parking rate since MPs do not park overnight or full day at their constituencies,"

HDB residents should be paying the same rates as MPs.

Residents also don;t park their car in the car park the entire day.

I drive out of my home car park at 6:45am on weekdays an dam back at close to 11pm at night.

On weekends, the car is practically out of the car park the entire day too.

I do not park the full day too, hence should be entitled to these discounted rates.

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 4

Very vague statements - If park in a HDB carpark that is not in that MP's constituency, how can he be doing "constituency works"?  Hidden perks obviously, so that they can go try out all the good food all over Sillypoor.

If the $1 per day is ala carte specific to the MP's consituency, rather than #1 buffet, probably acceptable.  But ALL HDB carparks?  Plus Parliment House?  Are they given over sized allowance to fund all these too?

Hmm....

• Praise 4

$365 a year can park so many places, shiok shiok?

Hhhmmmm.

I would like one too.

I pay $500 a yr even though i earn less.

• Praise 3

Supersonic

$365 per year not per month le? Their pay so high and yet even parking fees subsidise so much?

• Praise 1

MPS are charged a proportion of the parking fee as they "do not park overnight or full day at their constituencies".

LOL. Can they hire someone to do some logical thinking and reasoning before releasing such statement for their press releases? Or maybe just don't mention at all because it will backfire. Neither do teachers park overnight in schools. Neither do we park overnight at our workplace. Can pay half price only anot? $1 a day parking. Good lei... [nod]

Elected Members of Parliament (MPs) pay S$365 for an annual permit that allows them to park at Housing & Development Board (HDB) car parks when doing constituency work and at Parliament House when on official business, the Ministry of National Development (MND) said on Monday (Jun 25).

The amount is "a proportion of" the current HDB season parking rate, MND said in responses to The Straits Times that were shared with Channel NewsAsia. For HDB residents' first parking lot, the monthly parking charge is S$80 for surface car parks and S$110 for sheltered car parks.

"The rate is a proportion of the prevailing HDB season parking rate since MPs do not park overnight or full day at their constituencies," the MND said, adding that the permit fee was increased from S$260 in 2016. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/elected-mps-pay-365-annually-parking-hdb-car-parks-parliament-10468334

Haiz... what happen to my country?

Horse dunno face long...

• Praise 3

Very vague statements - If park in a HDB carpark that is not in that MP's constituency, how can he be doing "constituency works"?  Hidden perks obviously, so that they can go try out all the good food all over Sillypoor.

If the $1 per day is ala carte specific to the MP's consituency, rather than #1 buffet, probably acceptable.  But ALL HDB carparks?  Plus Parliment House?  Are they given over sized allowance to fund all these too?

Hmm....

even if it's just their constituencies and parliament house, they should pay accordingly just like everyone else. pay per use. any other way out of this is just an entitlement and contradicts their call for "clean wage". all started cuz of teachers having to pay for parking in schs. if not i doubt ppl would bother making a fuss also...

• Praise 1

White could be the new black.

There's no such thing as white coulour - it is made up of different colours but appears to be "white" only.  Break it down, scrutinise it, it is actually very colourful de.

Supersonic

I oso dun park over night at my opis. Knn....gotta comprain to the bldg management to change my season parking to $365 annually instead

• Praise 2

Don't know these mp need to pay for coe when buying new cars? Cause they also don't use it whole day ma

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1