Djitsun Mall @ Bedok, where Princess Theatre used to be

BabyBlade

Supersonic

yes ... exact copy . Save cost , no need to pay extra design fee  [grin]  

and AMK djitsun really lousy . very little crowd 

Nothing to see at amk djitsun mall. But how come these two malls have the same name but in different location ah?

↡ Advertisement

Nothing to see at amk djitsun mall. But how come these two malls have the same name but in different location ah?

amk djitsun  has 

1 thai restaurant 

1 Mala chinese  restaurant (quite new)

1 western restaurant (buddy , moved from Yishun CC) 

1 Harley Norman   (not that big compared to the nearby Courts) 

1 Gym 

1 small hair saloon. 

U can go see see lor , Bo lang one . 

• Praise 1

Supersonic

amk djitsun  has 

1 thai restaurant 

1 Mala chinese  restaurant (quite new)

1 western restaurant (buddy , moved from Yishun CC) 

1 Harley Norman   (not that big compared to the nearby Courts) 

1 Gym 

1 small hair saloon. 

U can go see see lor , Bo lang one . 

I only remember there is one harvey norman there, and no people one.

Supersonic

Hahaha. No! And I also just realised Parkway Parade has a Cathay Cineplex now. Have I been living under a rock!?

Not really.

Some people I know don't know there's a new cinema in Parkway Parade till now.

Parkway parade cinema also opened not long ago la. This mall opened since 1984 only until last year then have cinema.

I thought 1983?

Because they are converted from different old cinemas buildings using the same concept and name.

(edited)

Hahaha. No! And I also just realised Parkway Parade has a Cathay Cineplex now. Have I been living under a rock!?

Yes! Its at the top level and a bit hidden in one corner though...   :D

Edited by Old-driver

Supersonic

Not really.

Some people I know don't know there's a new cinema in Parkway Parade till now.

I thought 1983?

Because they are converted from different old cinemas buildings using the same concept and name.

Parkway parade should opened somewhere in the early 80s lo. Dont think there are two malls with the same name right? Except this Djitsun mall.

Supersonic

Parkway parade should opened somewhere in the early 80s lo. Dont think there are two malls with the same name right? Except this Djitsun mall.

Soft opening was Dec 1983.

Official opening is about Feb to Mar 1984.

So you are right. 

Internal Moderator

Yes! Its at the top level and a bit hidden in one corner though...   :D

Yeap I went there recently and was surprised to know there's Cathay over there now.

Supersonic

Yeap I went there recently and was surprised to know there's Cathay over there now.

After almost 30 years opening then they opened cinema. Lol.

Twincharged

Netizens are saying that the long-anticipated Golden Village cinema in Bedok has little legroom

The anticipated opening of a Golden Village cinema in Bedok may have been awesome news to residents in the far-flung neighborhood, but now it looks like some movie buffs aren’t happy.

Sure, the redeveloped Princess Theatre (now a fresh new complex called Djitsun Mall) may be hosting six movie screens with approximately 600 seats in total, but there’s apparently some an issue with the seating arrangements. As in, the legroom in the multiplex might leave much to be desired. This, according to one disgruntled patron who went on Reddit to rage against the cinema in Bedok, claiming that its “legroom is worse than any budget airline”.

“Your knees will be in constant contact with (the) back of the chair in front of you,” posted u/oystermilk. “People… have to constantly stand up for other to get in and out — the space is that tight,” the Redditor wrote, calling on others to watch movies anywhere else other than GV Bedok.

The concerns have been acknowledged by Golden Village, by the way. According to a comment left on their Facebook page, the feedback has been taken “into consideration for future cinema developments” — meaning that long-legged Bedok residents might have to put up with the arrangements for now. Surprisingly, the comment suggested that patrons who want larger legroom could visit Golden Village Katong. This defeats the purpose of having a cinema open in Bedok, really, but if comfort outweighs convenience that much, sure, make the half-hour trip from Bedok to Katong.

Supersonic

Netizens are saying that the long-anticipated Golden Village cinema in Bedok has little legroom

The anticipated opening of a Golden Village cinema in Bedok may have been awesome news to residents in the far-flung neighborhood, but now it looks like some movie buffs arenât happy.

Sure, the redeveloped Princess Theatre (now a fresh new complex called Djitsun Mall) may be hosting six movie screens with approximately 600 seats in total, but thereâs apparently some an issue with the seating arrangements. As in, the legroom in the multiplex might leave much to be desired. This, according to one disgruntled patron who went on Reddit to rage against the cinema in Bedok, claiming that its âlegroom is worse than any budget airlineâ.

âYour knees will be in constant contact with (the) back of the chair in front of you,â posted u/oystermilk. âPeople⦠have to constantly stand up for other to get in and out â the space is that tight,â the Redditor wrote, calling on others to watch movies anywhere else other than GV Bedok.

The concerns have been acknowledged by Golden Village, by the way. According to a comment left on their Facebook page, the feedback has been taken âinto consideration for future cinema developmentsâ â meaning that long-legged Bedok residents might have to put up with the arrangements for now. Surprisingly, the comment suggested that patrons who want larger legroom could visit Golden Village Katong. This defeats the purpose of having a cinema open in Bedok, really, but if comfort outweighs convenience that much, sure, make the half-hour trip from Bedok to Katong.

must hear real feedback from MCFers

Yeah. How come there are two malls with the same name at different locations? Bedok and AMK central.

Last time been to the cinema is not long ago. Solo preview, foc coz it's my wife's company event. Got free food and popcorn too. LoL...

Yeah. I think it's about time the theatres do something to get more ppl to go to the movies.

↡ Advertisement